News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:29:58 AM
Quote from: b5blue on Yesterday at 02:28:58 PMDog you don't know me. I even know how A/C works. (The exact system that has you mystified.) Matter of fact I can size pics to one meg and understand why the data is limited here.
  My Charger has been paying the bills not some pretty boy toy. I kept it running with little help and resent you talking out your butt.  :slap: So yea I was interested in what you ended up doing with the roached 440, not insulting.
What was meant by "paying the bills" ?
You used past tense "kept it running" so I guess you don't have a Charger anymore?
Regarding pictures...Yeah, I can resize if I wanted. I've done it for years. It just sucks to do for one site of 7 that I visit when the others don't require it.
Air conditioning was never my thing. I always removed it in the classic cars that I've owned. It was something that I never cared to learn about until recently.
If a new member saw you talking shit to someone for not being an expert on something, two things may happen. First, they'd think you're an asshole for berating someone that is trying to learn. Secondly, they may decide to check out another forum like FBBO and not come back here.

Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:20:15 AM
Quote from: b5blue on Yesterday at 02:31:59 PMOh that's why your here so much....dog.  :lol:
I see that you edited your post. Good move.
I am here because I own a couple of Chargers. I work on them, take trips and take them to shows.
Few people are skilled enough to do everything on their cars but I do try. I'm not the type to let a shop change a distributor or swap from a 727 to a Tremec 5 speed. I love working on these cars and learning better ways to fix them.
What have you done to your car lately? Anything at all? I see your posts on the forum but don't recall seeing anything about your car.
Interior / Re: Classic Auto Air
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:15:09 AM
Air conditioning was stuff that we ripped out of cars for years. If I were still single, I'd probably not even bother with it in the classic cars. I like the simpler look of a car that doesn't have it.
A/C makes the wife more comfortable so I did it to make the car rides better for her.
This town has some Mopar guys but most are bench racing types that never do anything with their cars. Our local Mopar club has some nice people but nobody that is as active with their cars as I'd like. My last Mopar buddy sold his car and has no interest in getting another so the wife is my ride-along buddy. That is fine, since she is a great lady.
I tried to do a workaround and get the guy at Redline to just send me a new face for my gauge. They only wanted to do the whole conversion.
I was trying to save a few bucks and Shannon saw through that....
I can't blame him. He has a business to run. I was just trying to do it cheaper.
Charger Discussion / Re: General octane build
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 11:53:17 PM
You guys do know that the term "Green bearings" is a brand name like Coke or Xerox, right?
Green was a company that made and sold a sealed ball bearing unit that many people bought and used on their Mopars. Yes, they are not as long lasting and durable as a Timken tapered roller bearing like what was OEM on our cars.
Some of us have had the sealed bearings in their cars for years. I have at least 7500 miles on my set, maybe more. Mine were Mopar Performance bearings installed in 2011. They show no signs of failing. The axles were cut slightly too short so at this point, to go back to a tapered bearing, I'd have to change axles too.
Redline did the conversion on my gauge cluster. Looks fantastic. You'd swear it originally came with a voltmeter gauge. I can't remember the price... I had them do a lot of other things as well. I tried doing the conversion myself but electrical is not my area of expertise and I didn't want to screw it up. You sound like you know a lot more about electrical than I do though.
Charger Discussion / Re: General octane build
Last post by marshallfry01 - Yesterday at 10:46:00 PM
Quote from: hudak69rt on May 20, 2024, 10:20:39 AMBeen to busy with the side hustle of stump grinding but luckily made enough to buy the 14:1 borgeson box along with Dakota digitals rtx oem looking dash. Currently car is on a lift and the rear drums and backing plates are off it is removing the green bearing set up they are absolutely garbage and can take side load both sides pissing out gear fluid and I'm not gonna chase a problem just gonna remove it !

Green bearings suck. Tapperd bearings have lasted for decades. Green bearings have had multiple failures. Birdsong has a good YouTube video about them.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by 426HemiChick - Yesterday at 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on Yesterday at 06:04:47 PMThat is a great story, Chris! Very special service, especially considering the time period. 

Reminds me of some great stories a coworker used to have about his time in Germany when he was drafted into the Army.  One day, after reminiscing about one, he sits back and chuckles too bad he was so disgruntled about the draft. He actually had a pretty good time.

Regards,
Steve

Hi LaOtto70Charger,        21 May 2024

What I failed to mention is that I was originally drafted into the Army. During a lunch break while at the induction center, I asked someone where the Navy recruiting office was, They pointed to a door and said: "Out the door, turn right and go down about three doors. You'll find the Navy there." Went there and the rest is history. One of the best decisions I ever made. Still have friends from back then which was 61 years ago. How time flies.

Yes, I am grateful for having been selected for the project. It made my life after the service better than it would have been without it.

I love this country and hope she survives the beating she is taking. I believe she will because most US Citizens love her and will do right by her.

God Bless the USA and all Her Citizens.

Best Always
Chris for the 426 HC's
Parts & Accessories Wanted / Re: Piece of headliner
Last post by moparsal7 - Yesterday at 08:06:29 PM
I should be able to get you that, how much are you thinking
Parts & Accessories Wanted / Re: WTB rear short headliner b...
Last post by moparsal7 - Yesterday at 08:04:36 PM
I should have, $80 for the 4 pieces, $15 shipping
Do you have PayPal