News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Interior / Re: Classic Auto Air
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 10:56:11 PM
I am a bit stubborn....(Big surprise, huh ?) I just can't get myself to bring this car to a shop except for an alignment! I built the car, I'll be the one fixing it. (With a little help of course)
I have a buddy a couple towns over. I'll make a trip out to see him and report back when we get it figured out.
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 07:24:24 PM
Thank you. That was my point, that we need to fight the forces that are trying to eliminate what we have and what we have chosen for ourselves.
If the EV sales were just market driven and completely up to the buyer to choose, I'd have no problem with them.
I am very resistant to accepting what is being forced on me. I see a group of people that just blindly accept what any government is pushing and it both saddens and disgusts me.
Kunkel rails against such things using keywords like "groupthink" yet fails to use that phrase he likes to describe the sheep that willingly go along with slow and gradual moves to eliminate gas and diesel cars in the state that we BOTH live in.
This isn't Chicken Little crying out here. I'm not crying wolf either. The enviro maniacs are relentless. Gas and diesel cars are cheaper, more reliable, easier to service and maintain, are cleaner now than ever and the vehicles last far longer than any EV does. They are easily recycled at the end with far fewer toxic components to dispose of than any EV.
What some people either fail to realize or are denying is that the BAN on new gas/diesel vehicle sales will surely lead to a ban on registering an old car bought out of state. There goes the classic car market here...
Oppressive change has to happen incrementally because if they tried it all at once, the public would revolt. They know that if these measures are implemented slowly and spread out over time, the sheep will not fight it.
Stuff like this is why the majority of Americans have a hatred for the state of California. The stupidity that starts here spreads to other states.
Last post by lloyd3 - Yesterday at 06:50:55 PM
KD: I spent the last year working for the USEPA in their Technical Assistance Branch here in Region VIII. I did not talk about my hobbies or my politics ever because it would have been seriously unwise for me to do so. Almost everybody I worked with there was a big fan of electric vehicles (and many were owners). Your concerns about the future of ICE vehicles (internal combustion engine) in California and elsewhere are justified IMHO.  This issue will likely also begin affect the value of these vehicles going forward for the simple reason of not being able to register them for use in the future (certainly in California after 2035).

Certainly, lots can happen before that time but forces are aligning to eliminate or at least restrict the use ICE vehicles in many (mostly urban) places. Many coastal states & big cities (i.e., all Blue) are looking at this issue these days.
Last post by HANDM - Yesterday at 06:26:06 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on Yesterday at 03:03:37 PMTry driving on roads where you're overtaxed and underserved. This state has the highest gas taxes and some of the worst road conditions, especially for not having snow to deal with.

Try I-5 through Seattle sometime, talk about shitty. I'm down in Santa Anna and the freeways are like glass compared to Seattle and surrounding areas around it
Aero Cars / Re: Randy's Restomod Daytona o...
Last post by hemi-hampton - Yesterday at 06:14:45 PM
great work. :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  Leon.
Aero Cars / Re: Randy's Restomod Daytona o...
Last post by Stevearino - Yesterday at 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: panhead on May 10, 2024, 07:23:45 PMLooking really good sir!  :2thumbs:

Thanks again Curt.
The instructions above were very helpful. My biggest issue was getting the pinion nut off. I spent two 2 days trying to get that sucker loose. I soaked it in WD-40, tried an impact wrench and a jack on the wrench and it just wouldn't budge.  Finally applied some heat, then used a jack with my wrench to finally get it to "crack". Still couldn't budge it by hand and I thought I broke something internal. I was about ready to put the driveshaft back on and take it somewhere that could lift it in the air and diagnose it when I thought to try the impact wrench one more time. Imaging my surprise when it started to come off! The rest of the job to remove the seal and install the new one only took 30 minutes. Drives like a champ and no leaks.
Last post by Kern Dog - Yesterday at 03:03:37 PM
Try driving on roads where you're overtaxed and underserved. This state has the highest gas taxes and some of the worst road conditions, especially for not having snow to deal with.
Charger Discussion / Re: Chargers in the background...
Last post by tan top - Yesterday at 03:02:44 PM
:yesnod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiXH1HQlK4I 9 minutes 46 seconds into the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmC-ehh0Ppk 28 seconds into the video

s-l1600 10.jpg

Screenshot 240.jpgScreenshot 225.jpg