News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Nationals

Started by 69_500, August 14, 2005, 07:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ying

hemigeno says it all.......................IF the had some people with balls to direct ALL cars to the appropriate spots there would NOT have been problems ..and tell others to get their trailers OUT ....
1968 Charger R/T
440 auto
Purple w/silver stripes
3:91
slotted mags

69_500

As Gene said we did go to the top of the pecking order to get some things straightened out but that was to no avail. As a matter of fact he almost had a smile on his face when we were asking him about parking situation. Then as Gene said there was a whole mess with trying to get video footage. Every person that I talked to at the event about that later on was like "Why can't you tape anything?" "Are you still going to make a DVD so we can purchase it?" The answer to the first is because Jim Belinda said "NO taping without $1,000, then we will let you know down the road if you can put that out for resale. Its no guarantee" The answer to the second one is no we stopped taping after that and packed up the camera's and just stayed by the car and chit chatted with people.

I had a good time at the show don't get me wrong. I mean lets see here working on a 69 Daytona was fun changing fuel pumps. Cruising Brice Road was fun, just watching Brice Road was fun. Talking to Geno, Troy, Ying, and various other board members that I can't think of right this second was awsome. So was hanging out all weekend with Jerry another fellow 500 owner, only his has a HEMI. Running into 4 other 500 owners at the show, and getting to talk to them about stuff was incredible.

However the organization sucks. The people in charge there just expect the show to run itself, its like taking 500 3 year olds and putting them in a room of toys and expecting them to clean up afterwords.

tick68charger

I have been going to the Nat's for the last 6 or 7 years.  And this was the first year I got to take my charger.  accept for the heat I had a great time showing my charger, seeing the reaction on peoples faces when they saw my charger, and talking to other mopar lovers, And after many years of watching other people cruise down Brice rd in their mopars it was now my turn(what a blast). The Nat's was not organized as far as the parking went, but i had a good time and I will be back next year.  I'm just glad there is an event like this where we all can get together.

Telvis

I don't go to many shows or events so I don't have much to compare it to. My son and I had a great time. My Son especially. He's only 11 but knows more about the various models than I do. It was a good time for us to bond. It was a nice weekend.  I'm ready to plan for next year.  ;D

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Well so far, the only pics we could include in this thread would be of trailers, minivans, dust, back tent graft, and thermometers in the 90's.  ;)

chargerkid

I think the Nats is ran poorly.  I like Carlisle and Monster Mopar Weekend by far.  I know its been talked about before about the restroom facilities and trash.  National Trail really needs to invest in "building" a bathroom facility.  The trash is always overflowing.

Yes, trailers were scattered everywhere.  They need to have a designated place for all the trailers. 

I did see Hemigeno.  My buddy said check that set up out.  It was cool seeing the Charger on that awesome wrecker.  It was nice and high where no one could touch it...not like a flat bed car trailer.  We seen it parked by the vendor alley and it took off on Saturday.

I didn't set up this year.  It was nice to finally to walk around and not having to babysit parts.  I did find all the parts I needed.  I like seeing all the cool new repop stuff at the midway.

I can't wait for "MONSTER" Mopar weekend!

hemigeno

Yeah, I took off for a little bit on Saturday, but that was for a good reason...

MoparCollector'sGuide wanted to do a photo shoot at the airport that is adjacent to NTR.   :boogie:   Rob Wolf (nice guy!) took about 50 photos, so we'll see if/when it shows up in an upcoming issue. 

I'll be at MonsterMopar this year, and I'm thinking about leaving the car up on the truck there too.  Seemed to go over ok, and it was a lot less work too!!

smasherofall

this was my 17th Nats and I have enjoyed them all. I have gotten most of my parts over the years there because of the "deals" that most vendors have. I got to meet Troy which was one of my objectives, saw Danny and a few other great people I've met over the years. Of coarse I had to put up with my buddy I came with making fun of me all w/e for "documenting" 2nd gen trunk lids (because I haven't seen any like mine as of yet). Did almost get thrown out of Hooters Sat night for starting a wet t-shirt contest for the waitresses  :angel:

Ghoste

They do have a designated place for trailers Chargerkid.  It was that big empty grass lot just outside the entrance near the sign that said "trailer parking".

Telvis

Hemigeno, I saw that setup of yours. I didn't realize it was you until Troy told me Saturday afternoon. I wish I could have met you. My little boy loved your truck. That old car you had on the back was okay too. :D

69_500

Geno's set ups was incredible. I was hoping to get him to do a video interview about the truck and the car, but when they said I couldn't film there I didn't ask him. Maybe I can talk him into it at St. Louis.

mustanghater

how many cars were their this year?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on August 20, 2005, 05:03:24 PM
Geno's set ups was incredible. I was hoping to get him to do a video interview about the truck and the car, but when they said I couldn't film there I didn't ask him. Maybe I can talk him into it at St. Louis.

Thanks Danny!   Telvis, wish I could have been there when you and your son stopped by, but I'm glad he liked it.

As far as doing an interivew @ MMW, like most guys it's not too hard to get them to talk about their rides.   Ya gotta promise me that you'll be kind with the editing though!   I just watched the Mopars at the Strip DVD again this morning, actually (wanted to see Jerry's interview on the '71 HemiCharger *survivor* again, since he spent so much time with us @ the 'Nats).   Hearing guys tell the stories behind some very cool cars is the definitive touch on your approach to shooting car shows.   Ain't nothing else like it out there - just hope I don't ruin a good thing     :P

69_500

Trust me you won't ruin it by an stretch of the imagination. Jerry was a very good interview out there in Vegas. The stories he was telling me 2 days before that interview were just as entertaining. He is incredible, and so are the 2 cars of his that I've seen. The 71 R/T survivor, and the HEMI 500 he had at the Nats. I had also planned on interviewing him again at the nats, but that didn't work either.
If you have watched the Carlisle video then you'll see how kind we were in interviewing Chris. Ask him how his little interview with my dad went.

Ghoste

There's a difference between "investigative" journalism and the genuine human interest stories.