News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

six barrel Cuda is home...

Started by hemi68charger, October 11, 2005, 10:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well,  I went an got the $1350 'Cuda and she's home... Soooo, now comes the clean up and assessment.... But, there's no mistaken, she's a 6bbl car with apparently an original Shaker car. The Shaker grommet was brought to my attention and well, finally saw the "Carb Air" handle under the dash.
Guess I'll need to figure out what I'll need to do with her...

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Her sitting in her new home, covered up after probably 20 years...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

LeeBoy

I'll give you $2,000 for it!  :icon_smile_big: I wish I could find something like that here in Pennsylvania, but I think their all picked over.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

41husk

Nice find! how are the frame rails?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Blown70

WOW THAT IS A STEAL.... Robber, theif......LOL ;D

Good price,  You know you will never lose $$ there.  Heck the burned up one when for what $8,600

Keep us updated.

BLOWN70

Shakey

Good score Troy.

Looks like a lot of work ahead of you.  Should be fun though.

Congrats!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Shakey on October 11, 2005, 10:53:14 AM
Good score Troy.

Looks like a lot of work ahead of you.  Should be fun though.

Congrats!

Who knows what I'll do. I'll have fun investigating, cleaning and playing with it, but I may just turn it to help one of my Charger projects or even trade her for another Charger....

Troy
Troy

cudaken

Troy, you fix my POS 440, I fix your POS Cuda! :icon_smile_big: Rather do body work anyway. ;)

I was wondering what you where paying for it when you poted about it. Is your friend, well from the shallow end of the gen pool? ;)

Now where is the rattle coming from?

Cuda Ken
I am back

hemi68charger

Quote from: cudaken on October 11, 2005, 11:47:12 AM
Troy, you fix my POS 440, I fix your POS Cuda! :icon_smile_big: Rather do body work anyway. ;)

I was wondering what you where paying for it when you poted about it. Is your friend, well from the shallow end of the gen pool? ;)

Now where is the rattle coming from?

Cuda Ken

Now, is that a rattle that I'm a snake or others are crying like babies? hahaha

I fix your 440 and you fix the body on my 'Cuda !!??  deal !!! :D

Troy
Troy

Blakcharger440

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 11, 2005, 10:15:32 AM
Well,   I went an got the $1350 'Cuda and she's home... Soooo, now comes the clean up and assessment.... But, there's no mistaken, she's a 6bbl car with apparently an original Shaker car. The Shaker grommet was brought to my attention and well, finally saw the "Carb Air" handle under the dash.

Troy

"Figure out what to do with her", Now that is a good one LOL!. You know what you will do with her...keep her and fix her up!   ::)   :icon_smile_big:   Its a frickin 6bbl Cuda!!!,Your gonna keep her so quit playin and get to restorin already! :yesnod:

Nupe

Cool!   I love the cars in barns type stories, especially with happy endings.   Glad to see she is out of the elements.   Take your time since it won't lose any value with these crazy e body prices.     :icon_smile_cool:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Charger_Fan

Congrats, Troy! :2thumbs:

So, do you think there's any chance of tracking down it's original drivetrain & may the hood too?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on October 11, 2005, 06:55:05 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on October 11, 2005, 10:15:32 AM
Well,  I went an got the $1350 'Cuda and she's home... Soooo, now comes the clean up and assessment.... But, there's no mistaken, she's a 6bbl car with apparently an original Shaker car. The Shaker grommet was brought to my attention and well, finally saw the "Carb Air" handle under the dash.

Troy

"Figure out what to do with her", Now that is a good one LOL!. You know what you will do with her...keep her and fix her up!  ::)  :icon_smile_big:  Its a frickin 6bbl Cuda!!!,Your gonna keep her so quit playin and get to restorin already! :yesnod:

Well, I'm in the middle of restoring my '68 Hemi Charger R/T as well, then I wanna do my '70 Charger R/T and give Dana, my C500, another fresh paint job.. Soooooo, I have pleny of projects... Now, if someone was to trade me a rolling '70 v-code Charger R/T shell, it would be gone !!!!!

Troy
Troy

cudaken

Rattel is from 3 snakes in the grass. Looks to be either a new crank or a new 440 block till I check the crank run out. Had the POS rebulit 3 times before I started the POS.

By the way Troy, kidding a little but not much. ;D Like getting dusty. Engine work on the other hand, nasty.

Cuda Ken, will block for a good 440. ;D
I am back

TruckDriver

Great find!!!  :2thumbs: Is that Plum Crazy I see on the fire wall? If it is, I got a '72 Charger I'll trade you :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ScottW

Wow - what find!  :o

Congrats!   :thumbs:

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Brock Samson

what's with the v-brace runnin to the center of the firewall?.. Nice score BTW!

69bananabeast

beautiful car .   originally plum crazy ?  hope to see it finished someday. after I finish my second charger im hoping to find a 70 cuda
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 11, 2005, 08:14:38 PM
what's with the v-brace runnin to the center of the firewall?.. Nice score BTW!

Not sure.. I think the Chevy owner prior to me had something to do with that.............

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Man, discovered also that the car has an original am/fm radio and possibly road lamps?  Here are some pics.. Guess you E-body people can verify easily enough for me....
Troy

hemi68charger

AND !!! a 400 dual snorkel air cleaner on the floor as well..... hehehehehe
Troy

Brock Samson

what a relic! reminds me of the R.O.V.s lookin round theTitanic...  ;D

NicksGarage

Troy,

Road lamps are standard on the 'Cuda. Does it have a fender tag?

Did you end up selling your '71?

Nick.

hemi68charger

Quote from: NicksGarage on October 12, 2005, 12:35:05 AM
Troy,

Road lamps are standard on the 'Cuda. Does it have a fender tag?

Did you end up selling your '71?

Nick.

Ahhhhh, cool. I'm a learnin' my E-bodies now...........  Yeap, Whitey's gone.. with cash and sell of truck I got for it as well, total $40K.........

How ya been doing?

Troy
Troy

MoparYoungGun

Congrats :cheers: Troy! You got one helluva deal!