News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger 500 Hemi on eBay

Started by Silver68RT, November 17, 2006, 06:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Is anyone still bidding on this car?

528daytona

Hey Guys, Do you think there is any suspicion about this car not being correct.

69_500

Not to me personally. Its a legit 500 if you ask me. #'s match. Yes it has XS on the dash VIN but there are more than 1 500 that came that way. As far as the XS on the fender tag, its common on all 500's before November 14th, which this car is.

So not really any questions on those factors to me.

528daytona

Thanks for the info, If I buy this car who could verify it all the way thru.

Ghoste

I'd put my faith in the guy who answered the last question, but that's a personal opinion.

69_500

Well I say its a true car, but my opinion is worth about as much as a pocket of lint.
Dave Patik says its a legit car.

I hate to say it but Galen has also verified the car.

Ghoste

Well, if someone has already paid to have the car blessed then it's settled.

528daytona

Why do you think it is only worth as much as a pocket of lint. Is it because of its current condition? Or is it Becuase you want Rene to get it? All Im asking is a few good opinions about the car.

Ghoste

He means his opinion is only worth that.  He's selling himself short but then again, my opinion is worth about a pocket of lint too so...  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I was meaning my opinion is worth pocket lint.

To me the car is definately worth the asking price. If the car was restored to a show condition you would be seeing an asking price of around $175K to $225K. I've seen other HEMI 500's asking as much as $275,000 and $325,000. They didn't get those figures but were asking that much.

It would be a beautiful car done. Its by no means a 1 of 1 car or anything of that nature, but its a HEMI 500. Its a 4 speed. And its B5 blue. Which I wanted a B5 blue car, but got an R4 red one instead.

528daytona

Thanks I appreciate the info, If I win the bid on it, I will keep you guys informed on the progress of the resto. Im sure that I will be asking alot of questions during the process.

69_500

Are you the current high bidder?

I talk to the current owner of the car about once a week as it is now. I'd love to follow up to where this car ends up.

528daytona

No, Did not get this one. $115,100 winning bid.

Charger Aficionado

hemi68charger

Wow, it sold......... Nice chuck of change........ It's going to be one GORGEOUS car when done.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

I'm going to have to contact the seller again. I'm sure he is estatic. He wasn't hoping for anything near that amount.