News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I guess Ron has alot of pull on this site

Started by blinkey, May 13, 2016, 09:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deieb73

Gents,
I need some help. I recently purchased a 1973 Charger and the person I bought it off of wanted to make it a racing car. He lifted the back end and dropped the front. The front end is 3 inches off the ground and I want to lift it to a normal height. How can I do this? Do I need new Springs, shocks, or mess with the torsion bar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: deieb73 on May 17, 2016, 03:30:37 PM
Gents,
I need some help. I recently purchased a 1973 Charger and the person I bought it off of wanted to make it a racing car. He lifted the back end and dropped the front. The front end is 3 inches off the ground and I want to lift it to a normal height. How can I do this? Do I need new Springs, shocks, or mess with the torsion bar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You should start a new thread.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

Quote from: deieb73 on May 17, 2016, 03:30:37 PM
Gents,
First off, welcome.  Next, I would repost this as a new thread, possibly in the chassis suspension etc... thread.  Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question.  My guess is that others will need to know what was done to alter the ride height.  It sounds pretty extreme to me, but maybe it is something that can just be fixed by adjusting things like the torsion bars.
Beat to it
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Patronus

Your right! It looks like Ron does have a lot of pull here.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Brass

How I picture Ron.  :lol:  :2thumbs:

RECHRGD

As previously stated, Ron had no problem trying to help me get my Firecore RTR unit working, even though the problem ended up being 100% my stupidity during installation.  Several years earlier he helped me through a complete top end upgrade that I never would have attempted on my own without his help.  He is most definitely a great guy that, I believe, enjoys helping us less knowledgeable hobbyists....
13.53 @ 105.32

Challenger340

It's got nothing to do with "pull"...
and,
  :Twocents:
everything to do with conducting one's self with integrity, fairness, and just generally being honorable in your dealings with people over time ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Dans 68

The start of this thread....

Quote from: blinkey on May 13, 2016, 09:02:47 PM
  Ron you deleted my add in the for sale site,,why, just cause you sold me a firecore that never worked and Im out 300 bucks?  I guess you dont want anyone here to know :popcrn:

And at 7:31 pm, 1-1/2 hours later, over on the FBBO site...

Quote from: blinkey, post: 910442245, member: 24003Whats the best Mopar site

Looking for backup methinks...? ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

johnnycharger

Ron has been a great help to me. Both on the forum and messaging. He knows a lot and takes his time to help. I put him in celebratory status and I hope to meet him in person some day.

moparnation74

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 17, 2016, 09:38:10 PM
The start of this thread....

Quote from: blinkey on May 13, 2016, 09:02:47 PM
  Ron you deleted my add in the for sale site,,why, just cause you sold me a firecore that never worked and Im out 300 bucks?  I guess you dont want anyone here to know :popcrn:

And at 7:31 pm, 1-1/2 hour later, over on the FBBO site...

Quote from: blinkey, post: 910442245, member: 24003Whats the best Mopar site

Looking for backup methinks...? ;)

Dan
In some strange way he tried buuuut!

Too many loyal supporters of Ron here and on other forums, myself included! 
Ron has helped me numerous times through the years saving me both time and money! :2thumbs:

Same goes for challenger340, thanks for all your help as well :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

I think Blinkey might like to have men in his butt.   :hah:

lukedukem

Quote from: Brass on May 17, 2016, 05:14:03 PM

How i picture Ron... He's our Ron Swanson.  :lol:
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

charger chris

Quote from: XH29N0G on May 16, 2016, 08:32:44 PM
:brickwall:
I  tried to call that number but I couldn't get it to go through  :shruggy: not sure why lol
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Dodge Don

Quote from: lukedukem on May 18, 2016, 08:27:38 AM
Quote from: Brass on May 17, 2016, 05:14:03 PM

How i picture Ron... He's our Ron Swanson.  :lol:

Nah, he is built more like The Rock. Best guy. Helped me a ton!

1974dodgecharger

Ill pull ron from this site so ron dont pull the site.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: A383Wing on May 16, 2016, 04:42:15 PM
Blinky has not been on since May 13th, last Friday
He banned himself then, perfect! :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi-hampton

Sounds like Blinkey Qualifies for this Award. LEON.

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Q5XX29

Add me to the long and growing list of Ron supporters. He has selflessly helped me out numerous times since I joined here a couple of years ago. What a guy!
dakota_gt on Instagram

TPR

I'm starting to wish I'd bought a FireCore ignition system and f*cked up the installation, just so Ron could help me out.
He sounds like a dude.  :icon_smile_wink:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

myk

I wonder if he knows anything about 401K's and investment portfolios.  I could use help with that, also...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cavemanno1

Ron,I got a "friend " whose penis is too small and wants to do lots of burnouts to compensate it!Do you think it's gonna make his penis grow? :smilielol:

Your sincerely,
A "friend "

myk

Lol.  Yeah I think it's time to lock this one up....
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

billssuperbird

Because of all this I guess I'll never get my spark plug wires  :shruggy: I am going to miss Ron  :flame: