News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: General octane build
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 11:53:17 PM
You guys do know that the term "Green bearings" is a brand name like Coke or Xerox, right?
Green was a company that made and sold a sealed ball bearing unit that many people bought and used on their Mopars. Yes, they are not as long lasting and durable as a Timken tapered roller bearing like what was OEM on our cars.
Some of us have had the sealed bearings in their cars for years. I have at least 7500 miles on my set, maybe more. Mine were Mopar Performance bearings installed in 2011. They show no signs of failing. The axles were cut slightly too short so at this point, to go back to a tapered bearing, I'd have to change axles too.
Redline did the conversion on my gauge cluster. Looks fantastic. You'd swear it originally came with a voltmeter gauge. I can't remember the price... I had them do a lot of other things as well. I tried doing the conversion myself but electrical is not my area of expertise and I didn't want to screw it up. You sound like you know a lot more about electrical than I do though.
Charger Discussion / Re: General octane build
Last post by marshallfry01 - Today at 10:46:00 PM
Quote from: hudak69rt on Yesterday at 10:20:39 AMBeen to busy with the side hustle of stump grinding but luckily made enough to buy the 14:1 borgeson box along with Dakota digitals rtx oem looking dash. Currently car is on a lift and the rear drums and backing plates are off it is removing the green bearing set up they are absolutely garbage and can take side load both sides pissing out gear fluid and I'm not gonna chase a problem just gonna remove it !

Green bearings suck. Tapperd bearings have lasted for decades. Green bearings have had multiple failures. Birdsong has a good YouTube video about them.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by 426HemiChick - Today at 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on Today at 06:04:47 PMThat is a great story, Chris! Very special service, especially considering the time period. 

Reminds me of some great stories a coworker used to have about his time in Germany when he was drafted into the Army.  One day, after reminiscing about one, he sits back and chuckles too bad he was so disgruntled about the draft. He actually had a pretty good time.

Regards,
Steve

Hi LaOtto70Charger,        21 May 2024

What I failed to mention is that I was originally drafted into the Army. During a lunch break while at the induction center, I asked someone where the Navy recruiting office was, They pointed to a door and said: "Out the door, turn right and go down about three doors. You'll find the Navy there." Went there and the rest is history. One of the best decisions I ever made. Still have friends from back then which was 61 years ago. How time flies.

Yes, I am grateful for having been selected for the project. It made my life after the service better than it would have been without it.

I love this country and hope she survives the beating she is taking. I believe she will because most US Citizens love her and will do right by her.

God Bless the USA and all Her Citizens.

Best Always
Chris for the 426 HC's
Parts & Accessories Wanted / Re: Piece of headliner
Last post by moparsal7 - Today at 08:06:29 PM
I should be able to get you that, how much are you thinking
I should have, $80 for the 4 pieces, $15 shipping
Do you have PayPal
Interior / Re: Retrosound Redondo radio
Last post by Dino - Today at 07:48:59 PM
No in depth review yet, but hooked up to a 5 channel amp and a few speakers, it plays really nice. The thumbwheels are less than ideal but it seems you need to develop a feel for them as it got better after using it for a while. I do not like that there is no rotary function for volume and I wish there was a way to add a potentiometer somewhere, but I'm not sure if I can. All in this seems to be a good option. There are 3 main module versions snd I took the middle one. I had no need for HD radio, SiriusXM, or an aux cable. All on it's less than $400, looks the part, and I can play music through my phone and make calls through Bluetooth. The info comes on the screen and you can tweak the color to perfectly match your gauges.
Oh and no issues making it fit either. You can tweak the components endlessly and just need to take your time.

Interior / Re: Headrest hardware. Should ...
Last post by Dino - Today at 07:23:04 PM
I ended up buying the basic hardware kit and installed 2 per seat. It feels more secure than before.  :2thumbs:

Car Guys Discussion / Re: Have you realized… ?
Last post by LaOtto70Charger - Today at 06:04:47 PM
That is a great story, Chris! Very special service, especially considering the time period. 

Reminds me of some great stories a coworker used to have about his time in Germany when he was drafted into the Army.  One day, after reminiscing about one, he sits back and chuckles too bad he was so disgruntled about the draft. He actually had a pretty good time.

Regards,
Steve
Off Topic Discussion / Re: When did you last: Pull an...
Last post by Old Moparz - Today at 04:47:07 PM
Last major repair I did was a couple of years ago. I had heard a strange noise from my truck that wasn't the usual creaks, squeaks and rattles from a 20 year old vehicle. This was a clanging sound that had a deeper tone.  :shruggy:

Turns out that one of the leaves in the rear leaf spring was broken. New springs installed are $1200 to $1500.  :eyes:

Had to do it myself with a junkyard spring for $75. Bought both sides but I only changed the broken one for now. It's always fun working on rusty parts from the northeast.  :smilielol: I need to get as many years out of this thing as I can.

Right Igor?

Igor? :lol: