News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aligment camber issue. Update

Started by 1969chargerrtse, March 25, 2012, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: b5blue on April 04, 2012, 05:29:17 PM
  Unless you unload the T Bars quite a bit you over torque the LCA bushings and start tearing the lower bushings rubber as the LCA twists down. (The bushings don't rotate, they flex up and down.)
I set my bushings in the LCA in a normal riding position before I tightened them so they wouldn't be twisted.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

I always found the stock height high in the front on the Chargers.  Here are a couple pics from Charger ads 68 and 9
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

b5blue

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 04, 2012, 06:37:15 PM
  Unless you unload the T Bars quite a bit you over torque the LCA bushings and start tearing the lower bushings rubber as the LCA twists down. (The bushings don't rotate, they flex up and down.)
I set my bushings in the LCA in a normal riding position before I tightened them so they wouldn't be twisted.
And that's per the FSM instruction if I remember correctly.  :scratchchin:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: b5blue on April 04, 2012, 06:56:12 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 04, 2012, 06:37:15 PM
And that's per the FSM instruction if I remember correctly.  :scratchchin:
No per RPM ( me ) thought process.  :icon_smile_big: It's something I did myself.  Others did tell me to do something close like that, but you can't?  If you put the bushings in while the arm is down and then snug the CA nut It tightens it there because it's tapered, and you have to pull it in to get the torsion bar in, so when you lower the car the bushing twist up.  So what I did was assemble the LCA loose in a normal riding position, then tighten everything up.  Then lower the arm by pushing it down, assemble everything and lower car, knowing the bushing was squeezed tight at a normal every day riding position. A big Mopar friend of mine that works on them daily says he just puts them in and doesn't worry about what position it was tightened in.  To each his own.