News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

outside venting

Started by poppa, June 09, 2013, 08:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Oh yea. It's the new windshield gasket , told the wife to slowly use a small amount of water....that didn't happen. Pissing in all over and at a good rate too.  :brickwall:
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Ghoste

Did you install new glass or the oem windshield?

squeakfinder

Well, at least you narrowed it down. Did you tar things down with that nasty 3M winshield sealant? I had to pile it up pretty thick in the corners. I've seen other stuff used now days but can't think of the name of it.
      Would help if these cars were built worth a shit in the first place.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Ghoste

A lot of the replacement glass is thinner too which doesn't help sealing.

squeakfinder

Yep. I've seen that posted somewhere around here. I have a replacement windshield with an old seal.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

poppa

Original glass. I'm going to see if the guy that painted it wants to tackle this. I just see myself bend the trim or breaking the glass.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Ghoste

At least you've found where the problem is, I hope you find what needs to be done to rectify it.

fy469rtse

Quote from: Ghoste on June 10, 2013, 06:09:51 AM
And you may have to resort to laying under there with a light while someone puts a little water up top with a hose.
the factory's use food dye in with water so shows up better with a light , wiper pivots

fy469rtse

Quote from: green69rt on June 09, 2013, 09:04:29 PM
Here's a pic of the drain hole
. Again Mitch , love your work , that car is going to be better than new , wished I lived right next door ,