News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New AMD rear bumper rusting

Started by b5blue, June 22, 2016, 06:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Brock Lee on July 01, 2016, 04:44:48 PM
"AMD" is one of several brands owned by a parent company.

http://www.autometaldirect.com/page/about-us.html

The AMD brand in particular goes back to 2006.

http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/profile/company?companyId=354257639&targetid=profile

Like I said in my earlier posts, AMD was started around 2001, actually a little earlier, Mark H split from Goodmark to start his own venture AMD, I was debuting the 71 Dayclona Daytona at Carlisle in 2002, my associates and I discussed with AMD the lending/use of NOS components several of us had on hand for use in bringing to market, AMD already had a Carlisle display in 2002...the AMD E body Shaker Hoods were on display as  early as 2004 when I was debuting the 71 Dayclona Superbird, which I promptly purchased 2 Shaker hoods 

Squawk as much as some may over AMD and the minor problems that might be associated with some of their products, it sure beats having nothing, only those that have been in the "hobby" for several decades can appreciate that

mike

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 30, 2016, 08:48:53 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2016, 07:40:48 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 28, 2016, 08:54:27 PM
Did any of your work involve grinding/sanding metal near the bumper on your car?....

My AMD rear bumper is approx 12 years old....ZERO RUST, and I usually put my car away wet, with little regard for waxing, car covers, etc, it's no garage queen has 10's of thousands of miles on it

Was AMD around or exist 12 years ago? I thought they were newer then that? LEON.
AMD started in 2001/2002 that's when Greg/Mark H of AMD started contacting individuals that had NOS sheetmetal to use for their reproductions, I bought my bumper from them in late 2004...it was made in Taiwan, in fact I started the build of my Daytona in Nov 2004, after receiving the body in Oct 2004, the car was finished on March 2005 for a MCG photo shoot in April, I had purchased the following from AMD in Nov 2004, the rear bumper, rear valance, dutchman panel, trunk floor, trunk extenstions, rear bumper trunk braces...they didn't have the valance corners available at the time, so I used Charger Specialties corners, of all the AMD pieces that I bought, only the trunk extensions required some rework, everything else was pretty much childs play to fit/install...the rear qtrs were NOS, and before anybody goes extolling the virtues of "factory NOS" sheetmetal, I actually spent more time installing/tweaking them than I have the other 2 Chargers that I later installed AMD full qtrs on 

I am glad you said that about NOS sheetmetal and it is true. I have done crash work since 68 and have seen no end of panel fitting problems over the years. :'(
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser