News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Deal of a Liftime

Started by tin_soldier, August 18, 2005, 10:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

;D

I just bought a 69 Charger for under $6000.00.   And yes it is way better than a rolling chasie.   I have always wanted one but just could not afford it.   So my WIFE looked for me on ebay (isn't that cool) she found one here in CT only 15 min away.   She told to buy as long as it was with in reasonable price.   Well any 69 under $6000.00 with a 383/727 is resonable.   don't ya think??   So we are both excited to get it home and start roaring down the streets.   Here is a pic of after she found on ebay we drove down the next mornig to check it out in person.   you got to have a pic on your thread otherwise it is dead.

Skyview69

nice find...good luck with it!  :yesnod:

69pistolgripRT

Think of all the money you will save with the general lee conversion already completed for you. :icon_smile:
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

tin_soldier

No I am not jumping on that banwagon.   Yes I do l ove the GL.   But it is little over played.   I mean I think I cried for min when I saw it on the new 06 Charger that is just a crime.   Then I saw on a rice rocket on the highway the other day.   Sorry that is not for me.   this baby is going Orignal.   with slight mods to the engine

PlumBad70

Sweet!!! Good Luck with her..Post progress pics!!! :icon_smile_big:
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

69bananabeast

Thats a great deal for what there goin now a days . Got mine from ebay for 7k a little more than couple years ago. came with 318/904   . Had some 360 parts on it as well. A pretty big came .480 lift or so .   The wiring was shotty all over and wouldnt hold a charge.   Had general lee wheels but sold them and got AR Thrust D's.      Sold the Vectors about half a year ago and got 450 for them which wasnt bad   since there got for like $125-500 right now .   Sorry I rambled on   a bit . But really did get a good deal.

Threw in a pic of mine nothings changed on outside but wheels and 3.73 posi

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

41husk

nice job, good luck with your restoration!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Between This site, and that car, I'd say your gonna be pretty durn busy. Nice Find and good luck!

Jon Smith

You'd have got it for $5000 without that 01 on the door :lol:

KMPX2

Now break out the wallet & get her going

Telvis

Congratulations! it's always a great feeling when you get something you have wanted for a long time. Have fun with it.

tin_soldier

i broke the bank on this purchase that is why I am selling all my 3rd gen items.   and I got alot.   It will be all posted on ebay but I would give dc guys first dibs.  

I just got the okay from our land lord to get a dog and of course my wife is happy but i just stole her puppy money. LOL   and I been draging my feet about going on a vacation.   So I owe her.  

So please buy my parts so I can pay back the loan shark and get my wife her puppy.

Shakey

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 11:59:00 AM
but i just stole her puppy money.

How much do puppies cost?

Anways, congrats on the purchase.

Drache

Quote from: Shakey on August 18, 2005, 12:26:58 PM
Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 11:59:00 AM
but i just stole her puppy money.

How much do puppies cost?

Purebred and "papered" puppies around here can cost anywhere from a few hundred to a couple thousand dollars a puppy.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Congrats on your Charger find! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tin_soldier

We are looking at a old english bulldog or a engilsh bulldog.  The price is looking @ 900-2500. :-[

PocketThunder

ya know, pets are only substitutes untill you have children .  then they get neglected and you are the only one that takes care of them.  but.... a dog is a lot cheaper than a baby.  Then you'll have more money to put into your charger instead of buying diapers and formula and daycare and etc......
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tin_soldier

The guy I bought it off of paid 9G's back in may of 05.   Life happen and he has to move on.   As they say your loss my gain.   He has everything for the car.   bumper tail lights side lights etc... just can't wait to drive it.

Yes I'll take 15 dogs before a single child.   I'll wake up @ 2 AM to let the dumb dog out before I am waken up by a screaming child for hours on end.   dog wins all the way around.   But accidents happens.   But so far so good.   Although know that I said that.   I am scared.

Silver R/T

you have nice wife, thats not R/T though is it? nice find
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 01:04:04 PM
Yes I'll take 15 dogs before a single child.   I'll wake up @ 2 AM to let the dumb dog out before I am waken up by a screaming child for hours on end.   dog wins all the way around.   But accidents happens.   But so far so good.   Although know that I said that.   I am scared.

hehehe    were you playing without a goalie??
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tin_soldier

Not sure if it is a RT.  Here is the listing off Ebay.  I don't see any thing saying it is but you never know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4568469751&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

;D

Thanks

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 18, 2005, 12:51:58 PM
ya know, pets are only substitutes untill you have children .   then they get neglected and you are the only one that takes care of them.   but.... a dog is a lot cheaper than a baby.   Then you'll have more money to put into your charger instead of buying diapers and formula and daycare and etc......
I can concour 100% on that one. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 12:49:16 PM
We are looking at a old english bulldog or a engilsh bulldog.   The price is looking @ 900-2500. :-[

Congrats on the Charger, but take your wife to the pound & let her pick out a mutt for free. $2500 will buy a lot of dog chow. Better yet, make sure you get a small dog so you can buy less food & more Charger parts.   :icon_smile_big:.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Drache

Or just buy your wife one of those bobbing head bulldogs that people have in their cars! More Charger parts that way!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

PocketThunder

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 01:13:55 PM
Not sure if it is a RT.   Here is the listing off Ebay.   I don't see any thing saying it is but you never know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4568469751&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

;D

Thanks

Nope.  its not.  Vin would start with XS if it was an original R/T.