News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K-member question

Started by Troy, January 14, 2007, 06:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 17, 2007, 08:30:00 PM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 17, 2007, 07:44:54 PM
Quote from: kamkuda on January 17, 2007, 05:39:49 PM
As Ronny stated, I installed an Addco Sway Bar.  They come with tabs as seen in this pic.  You simply need to drill a hole in the lower control arms.  Wow what a difference the Sway Bar makes.

Do you need to add there bolt on brackets if your lower control arm already has a sway bar factory mount? ''68 charger''

Dan

Dan, the car is a 70 smallblock e-body (ragtop) that had no factory swaybar.  :scope:

Ron

I got you now Troy, I am working on a project   :scope:  that did not come with a front sway bar as well. So I
was trying to figure out my options, I am wanting to run the ADDCO Sway bars, 1-1/8 front 7/8 rear.

Ooops I may have to come out of the closet, all Chargers have a sway bar, this car did not come with one  :popcrn:
What the heck have I done  ;D

Ron and I should stick to the race track   :2thumbs:  right Ron  :yesnod: :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 17, 2007, 10:54:24 PM

Ron and I should stick to the race track   :2thumbs:  right Ron  :yesnod: :yesnod:

Dan

Amen, brother !  :drive:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

kamkuda

I saw somewhere recently that somebody is making the tabs so that you can weld them to your lower control arms.  I will see if I can find that info.  It will allow you to use your old lower control arms and weld in the tabs.

Rob

Ron, if you are putting down a Keiths, can you get one for me :icon_smile_tongue:

kamkuda

Here they are

Here is the company although it is not listed on their site.  http://scarebird.com

kamkuda

Quote from: Troy on January 17, 2007, 08:57:26 PM
Silly e-bodies...

Troy

Cheap Cuda's!  :-\ The car came with No sway bars, a 7 1/4 rear end all drum brakes.  I had to Upgrade everythiing! :P

Steve P.

Didn't I see some end brackets that you just pull your lower shock bolt and put it through the bracket and back into the control arm??    If not, make them...     :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

kamkuda

Just remember that Ebody sway bars go thru the K frame and Early B body goes under the Kframe.

is_it_EVER_done?

Troy: I don't know if this helps, but sometime back in the mid/late 70's I sold the whole drivetrain out of a 68 Hemi Charger -auto - Dana, to a guy (acquaintance) that wanted to (did) put everything into a 70 challenger.

Except for modifications to fit the rear, all the 68 stuff (engine, crossmember/sway bar, radiator, etc.) bolted right into his Challenger. I can't say for sure if he had to do any other modifications, but he had it running on the Third day, so it had to be pretty straight forward.

Like I said, I have no idea if this helps as I have never been an E-body fan so have had little experience with them, but I'm guessing you shouldn't have any real problems.