News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coys Wheels...3/23, tires mounted, wheels on car....

Started by dkn1997, February 27, 2010, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

had to put one on... and these are the rear tires I'm using.. still have to buy fronts.  crappy blackberry pics.  I'll take better ones this weekend.  hopefully find some decent tires soon
RECHRGED

HITMAN 149

looks sweet bro!! congrats on the new shoes!!!!  :2thumbs:
it's hard to tell... but they have a slight curve to them???
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Finn

Those are going to look awesome! Congrats!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Hemidog

Quote from: Finn on March 13, 2010, 09:26:21 PM
This is close-to if not full drop:

Sorry I know its hard to tell how low it is but Ive got it up on stands at the moment so these are the closest pictures I could find.

This is nearly topped:

The only thing I have of it at ride height is this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZetXofs4SY

Finn, I don't want to sound criticizing, but I feel the car would look better if the rear wheels were farther outwards...  :scratchchin:
Paint looks great !  :yesnod:

SRT-440

Congrats!!! So you went with the 18x9.5 for the rear...from what u can tell so far, does it fill the wheel well good?

I'm hoping the 18x9.5 will go out to the quarter panel and not look "small"..does that make sense?

But, I can't wait for pics of your car on the ground.  :popcrn:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Finn

Quote from: Hemidog on March 17, 2010, 03:38:29 AM
Finn, I don't want to sound criticizing, but I feel the car would look better if the rear wheels were farther outwards...  :scratchchin:
Paint looks great !  :yesnod:

Thanks! I totally agree with you but unfortunately that is the max they can go towards the outside due to the airride. If the bags were to fail for whatever reason, the wheels would hit the the inside of the well and cause some nasty damage. I think that issue could be solved by tubbing the wells to have more outside clearance but since Ive already got it 90% done I'm going to drive it for a bit before tearing it down again lol.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

dkn1997

Quote from: SRT-440 on March 17, 2010, 07:04:58 AM
Congrats!!! So you went with the 18x9.5 for the rear...from what u can tell so far, does it fill the wheel well good?

I'm hoping the 18x9.5 will go out to the quarter panel and not look "small"..does that make sense?

But, I can't wait for pics of your car on the ground.  :popcrn:

looks to fit well...maybe a hair close on the leafspring, but a 1/4 spacer wouldn't be the end of the world.  I'm fired up! 
RECHRGED

dkn1997

better pics...have the two tires already, ordered the fronts.  went with 255/45/17.  They will be here on mon/tues and i will have them mount up everything.  I measured the centerbore on the wheel and the hub bore on the car and it looks perfect to me.  I don't know whether these are hubcentric or lugcentric wheels, but doesn't matter now.

RECHRGED

SRT-440

I'm gonna just wait to buy mine until I see how yours look/fits..I really wish the coy/boss wheels came in 18x10's.

:popcrn:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

dkn1997

Quote from: SRT-440 on March 23, 2010, 02:33:27 PM
I'm gonna just wait to buy mine until I see how yours look/fits..I really wish the coy/boss wheels came in 18x10's.

:popcrn:

It would be nice...but it's 1/2 inch.  I got them mounted up tonight and 295 width tires fit perfect.  I think 305 would even be fine.

Anyway, here are some pics on the car.  Unfortunately, it's pouring rain and dark here now so garage shots are all I could get.  hopefully I can pull it out in the light tomorrow and see how they really look.  Rear tire is almost 2" from inside of wheel lip, may need a spacer.  I'm fired up though, I think they look great. 
RECHRGED

dkn1997

I may flip the front hanger on the leafspring to lower it just a bit, and I just lowered it off jackstands in the front, so it's not "settled" yet.  I may have to crank down the Tbars just a hair. 

also, may have to put a spacer on the rear..maybe 1/2" or 3/4"  Have to see how it looks in the light....too soon to really decide now. 
RECHRGED

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

SRT-440

dkn1997

Quote from: SRT-440 on March 24, 2010, 07:11:30 AM
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it outside!  :2thumbs:

here it is. I need to tweak this a bit. I suspected I would have to lower the car a bit in the rear to get it just "right"  These pics confirm it.  Also, I think I will have to add spacer in the rear. they are a bit too far "in" for my taste.  I will lower the car first, then see where i'm at.  I'm very happy with the wheels.  you can see what I'm talking about in some of the pics
RECHRGED

noff57

SRT-440

Looks great! To me the height looks good...if it were mine, I'd deff do the spacers just to bring them out a bit in the rear.. but looks really good as is!!  :2thumbs:

dkn1997

Quote from: SRT-440 on March 25, 2010, 07:00:58 AM
Looks great! To me the height looks good...if it were mine, I'd deff do the spacers just to bring them out a bit in the rear.. but looks really good as is!!  :2thumbs:

question is how much?  I think I can safely get pretty close to inner wheel lip.  I think it's about an 1.5" gap between tire and lip.  I'm thinking 1" spacer.  at that point, will likely need an adapter or at minimum a hubcentric wheel spacer and longer studs. 
RECHRGED

SRT-440

Good question. I've never delt with spacers or adapters before so I don't have a clue.

However, after searching for pics of wheels I came across this thread (below) and his rear wheels are exactly what I'm looking for in size and backspacing..they no longer make these wheels according to newstalgiawheel...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,11111.0.html

Troy

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 25, 2010, 02:01:11 PM
Quote from: SRT-440 on March 25, 2010, 07:00:58 AM

question is how much?  I think I can safely get pretty close to inner wheel lip.  I think it's about an 1.5" gap between tire and lip.  I'm thinking 1" spacer.  at that point, will likely need an adapter or at minimum a hubcentric wheel spacer and longer studs. 
Don't get too terribly close to the outside lip - especially if you lower the car. When you go hard into a corner and the body leans to the outside it effectively tilts the inner wheelhouse into the outer tire and the inside wheel lip/quarter into the inside tire (but not as bad because the inside is raised where the outside "squats"). Hit a bump and you have an "outie" in your quarter (possibly a cut tire and/or bent wheel lip with enough ride height). Stiffer springs reduce this possibility.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SRT-440

Or roll that inner lip...mine is a ex-drag car and someone cut the inner lip off. Gave it a lil more playin room. Prolly wouldn't do it to your car tho cuz it might crack ur paint or something.  :shruggy:

dkn1997

the question is how close can i get?  I will know more when I lower the rear...which i plan to do very soon.  going to try to flip the front hangar first...then lowering blocks or new de arched springs If I need..
RECHRGED

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

dkn1997

Round 2 over here and I I may not need adapters after all. After lowering the car, it looks really good to me.  Let me know what you guys think.

I used 2" lowering blocks rear and cranked down the Tbars 2.5 turns in the front. 
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Here's one showing stock height at top, lowered on bottom.  to me, it's a world of difference...
RECHRGED