News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to get a painter to fix it right

Started by miller time, May 28, 2010, 04:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

You could paint underneath fairly easily if you jack up car on stands high enough to lay under there comfortably. And you would have to use pressure fed system. You could even get one cheap at harbor freight just for one time use-that's all they're good for
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Silver R/T on June 06, 2010, 09:45:00 PM
You could paint underneath fairly easily if you jack up car on stands high enough to lay under there comfortably. And you would have to use pressure fed system. You could even get one cheap at harbor freight just for one time use-that's all they're good for

I've done it that way. It works but not as easy or conveniant as a rotisserie. If you have it done on jack stands then it really does matter who is doing the work as mentioned before. As it will come out as the same as you have now unless the painter is a mopar nut like myself thats wants to do quality. Some painters dont care if they are painting a old ladies 4 door station wagon or 1 of 1 rare hemi Daytona, To some they are all the same, just another car. This attitude can affect the quality of job you get, price makes a big differance too. $700 is not alot.  :Twocents: :Twocents: LEON.

Silver R/T

Quote from: miller time on June 06, 2010, 08:32:11 PM
Quote from: bull on June 04, 2010, 02:35:50 AM
miller time, I think there is only one of two options at this point short of going to court (which probably wouldn't get you much satisfaction). If the guy is willing to do it over and do it right you're going to have to pull everything back out so he can do the work. Sounds like it's going to have to come back out no matter who does it so you might as well start taking it back apart. Your second option is to try getting your money back and I think most guys would prefer to do the job over than return the money unless they think getting the customer out the door for good is worth $700.

I would go see him in person, tell him why you're not satisfied with the job and then ask him if he would consider one of those two options. He's pretty much got you over the barrel now since you paid and took the car back so at this point it's kind of up to him what happens next. Technically he is not obligated to do anything at this point but ethically he probably should.

Thanks, I'll try that

Quote from: harlandodge on June 06, 2010, 08:21:42 PM
i know how you feel ,,i  do not have the talent to do paint myself so i have gotten my ass set on fire a time or 2,,,no matter if i pay 7 , 700 , or 7000 dollars i expect the man's best work,,i got lucky and found a guy in kingsport TN. that gives me show quality work and for a price i can afford, he's finishing up my 3rd car now ,, there's still a few honest one's out there

Yeah the hard part is finding them :rotz:
Hopefully this guy will man up.

P.S. I'm done with this thread so everyone that has no life feel, free to bad talk me and be tough, I feel bad for you all and dont want to take away the only thing you live for :pity:

How come you never posted pictures after you've been asked so many times?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69*F5*SE

If I don't get my Charger on a rotisserie I think the only thing that can be done is to use a pressure fed system.  The one time Harbor Freight pressure gun might do the trick when the time comes.  Ted

hemi-hampton

I spent weeks on this undercarriage & it cost him in the thousands $$$ but you'd love it. Done this on a 1 of 1 black T/A Challenger. LEON.

Patronus

I have a Satajet RP with the 3M PPS system, it paints upside-down  :D
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TUFCAT

I'm lost here.....

Does $700 for the job cover the cost of decent quality materials?

Did you provide any materials other than primer?

Once the material bill gets factored into this $700 job - -  the labor is almost nothing.  :popcrn:

Think twice about busting his balls - - if the price included materials.  :brickwall:

c00nhunterjoe

i have seen bill440rt's car..... he can paint mine outdoors any day he likes  :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 07, 2010, 10:13:22 PM
i have seen bill440rt's car..... he can paint mine outdoors any day he likes  :2thumbs:

Hey, Joe!  :wave:
Thanks!  :cheers:    Joe is a GREAT guy, I wish you lots of luck on your car, too!  :2thumbs:

Actually, I sprayed my car in a booth. HOWEVER, I did lots of other parts such as door jambs & underneath outside right along the side of my house.
Here's a thread on how I painted my undercarriage. Yep, OUTSIDE, no corners cut. Is it silky smooth, free of any imperfections? Nope, but it still looks great, & I did it on a budget without cutting corners.
Oh, and YES, it cost me more than $700!! With ME doing all the labor!  :yesnod:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,18080.0.html

One more suggestion: you don't necessarily need a pressure pot. I simply used a gravity feed gun with the cup and suction tube rotated 180 degrees. Loosen the bottom half, and rotate it around. That way, when you tilt your gun back the pickup tube inside faces backwards so you don't have to worry about running out. Oh, and it costs ZERO.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce