News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with carburetor selection

Started by mopar2, October 17, 2011, 02:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brass

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 18, 2011, 09:35:38 AM
I would recommend the Proform over the Holley the Proform is simply a better carb it is more tunable & can be a far more accurate & responsive carb even right out of the box

I wish I had know about this carb when I got mine!  I bought a Holley 4778 (700 cfm) and had it re-jetted which is good - but I think I would like that Proform better than the Holley.  You probably will too.

mopar2

Quote from: Brass on October 18, 2011, 02:47:28 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 18, 2011, 09:35:38 AM
I would recommend the Proform over the Holley the Proform is simply a better carb it is more tunable & can be a far more accurate & responsive carb even right out of the box

I wish I had know about this carb when I got mine!  I bought a Holley 4778 (700 cfm) and had it re-jetted which is good - but I think I would like that Proform better than the Holley.  You probably will too.

When the builder delivered my car the first thing he said "if this was my car I would get rid of that Edelbrock" :brickwall:

Looking at cam specks the Lunti has a little more lift and less duration, with more lobe separation. I take it this build more cylinder pressure creating more torque?  

ChargerST

What about a Proform 750 vacuum secondaries race carb? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRO-67205/

Is a about $100 more than the street version - worth it?

Chryco Psycho

I generally use the Proform race series double pump carbs no choke

flyinlow

Thermoquads rule!!!

OK ,just stirring the pot.  :nana:

Too many of you guys using 750DP's to ignore. The short comming of the Carters and Eddys is their accelerator pumps are limited compaired to the Holleys.
Are the modern street DP's dependable. year round?  Are the power valve and leaks fixed?

Chryco Psycho

we have had proforms on strokers for better than 3 years now , they sit for 6 months at least over winter , no leak issues , ifit is tuned properly or has the restirctor in the port to the power valve no issue thee either

Challenger340

IMO,
On an Engine Dyno, you would NOT see 10hp difference in peak power or Trq, between the old mp .484 and the lunati 303, all other parts being the same....
No wars wanted,
again IMO,
I just think you are better off adding the Carb, Headers & Tune-up as suggested, rather than going inside the Engine for very limited, if at all, gains in swapping the Camshaft.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

mopar2

Just wanted to say Thank You all for the help  :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Can't waite to get new carb and headers and report back :popcrn: