News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-69 charger bucket seat backs

Started by koshe, November 29, 2006, 08:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koshe

Mine are gone, and have not been able to find any replacements. Any suggestions what other models would work or where to find some?

bill440rt

Any '68-'70 B-body with front buckets should share the same seat backs. You can get the flat panel board repro, & the vinyl from Legendary, however NO ONE carries the all-important metal brackets that hold them in place.
Hello repro-ers?? That would be a very universal much-needed part to repro.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Would a 70 back still be the same with the high back integrated headrest thing?

JimShine

70 seats are totally different in every way.

Yeah, as said above, the repop backs are available (just heavy cardboard, unlike the originals made of hardboard). But the curved shaping brace and hooks are not available. I have to believe someone could design a same look with a better attaching design.

bill440rt

OOPS!!!! Major faux pas there. Meant to say any '68-'69 seat back would work. What was I thinking???  :rotz: :brickwall:

Jaak, those are the cardboard backings ONLY. There are no metal backets included to install them, you need to re-use your originals. If Koshe's are completely gone and he has NONE, he'll have to start swap meet or eBay scrounging to find a used set with the clips & brackets, then restore them with a new cardboard backing such as the one you found on eBay, & recover with new vinyl from Legendary.

Repro-ers, are you listening???  :confused:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

jaak

yeah I know they didn't come with clips, I thought he just needed the backings

smasherofall

not to hi-jack, but how do you put the covers on? originally they were stapeled, but the shortest staples i've found are too long, maybe glue?

bill440rt

Send it to your local interior shop. It's a combo of both staples & glue. They probably have the special staples to do the job.