News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 Charger Option Codes

Started by Wheels of Terror, February 19, 2007, 10:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemihead

And as it was pointed out on a thread sometime ago( might have been on the old site), NOT all cars equipped with the Rallye package had the A57 code on the data tag.I happen to know of one, I work it  on everyday.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

Lynch Road asemblied cars are those weren't labeled with A57 code for Rallye as far I know. Rest were labeled on Fender Tag. That's what I know and have read on board since I'm not really on that kind of numbers. This was assemblied in St Louis.

Quote from: Rallyecharger on March 02, 2007, 02:29:36 AM
Hey, that is definetly a '73 hood and it is clear there were hood callout emblems once upon a time on it(3 holes drilled on each side of the power bulge).318 Cars never had callout emblems.360 cars had "MAGNUM" emblems but not the 318's........

Good point!!! and is a detail easy to forgett...so hood came out from 400 or 440 Magnum Rallye
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

konigcharger

hey hemi a agree that not all rallye cars have A57 on the fender tag,

those built at the Lynch Rd plant did not, but this car was built in St. Louis so reason dictates it is not a rallye

their are other things that point to this conclusion:
this is a relatively late production car, but..

bulge hood is from 73 not 74

has the earlier style gauges

plus the car has buckets out of a A or E-body
(No C56 means it more than likely came with a bench)

non original 4bbl

and other mods

these things tell me the car is far from original

rare, yes

desirable ?

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on March 01, 2007, 11:23:15 PM
The previous owner told me that the gauges and speedo were original. Like I had said before, my B-Body book had stated that there were less than 1000 Celebrity roofed cars made. there were also less than 1000 Spring Specials made. It said Chargers with that combo are even rarer. I know that books can be inaccurate too. I appreciate all of your continued help guys!!!! :icon_smile_approve: You are all truly the BEST!!! :yesnod:

again as far as i have seen all spring specials came with celebrity roof; i doubt you can have one without the other

i think your car is cool but i don't know that being a spring special makes it any more valuable, especially considering how modified it is

fix it and enjoy it 

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Wheels of Terror

My B-body book was saying that the Spring Special and the Celebrity Roof were not always combined. What makes it rare though? I have seen quite a few posted on this board. I do relize that some of them were not member's cars. I did know about the buckets not being origianal. I just wanted to know if my pride and joy should be restored to factory specs or restored and modded.  :devil: thanks again guys!!!
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Charger1973

Quote from: Wheels of Terror on March 02, 2007, 12:08:13 PM
My B-body book was saying that the Spring Special and the Celebrity Roof were not always combined. What makes it rare though? I have seen quite a few posted on this board. I do relize that some of them were not member's cars. I did know about the buckets not being origianal. I just wanted to know if my pride and joy should be restored to factory specs or restored and modded.  :devil: thanks again guys!!!

Which book are you referring to, out of curiosity? 

I say build your car the way you want it.  Honestly I dont care for the look of those opera windows.  If it was me, I would keep them, but use the standard SE louvers on the car instead.  The bulge hood is my favorite thing about your car.  Its neat that its a spring special, but me personally... I would not place much, if any, extra value on it because of that.  Its not common by any means, but that doesnt make it desirable either.  The 73/74s a re starting to catch on, but still not that popular yet.  The really neat thing about your car is the fact that it has a FULL vinyl roof.  No other model of 73/74 Charger does.  If nothing else, I would consider at least keeping that part of it. 

Wheels of Terror

The book is"Musclecar Collector History-Charger, Road Runner ,and Super Bee" Authors are Paul Herd and Mike Mueller.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

Wheels of Terror

Oh, well. i guess I will have to make it a Hypo Mopar instead of restored to stock.  ;D ;D
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
2009 Dodge Avenger

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.