News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upholstery

Started by Bobs69, September 20, 2011, 06:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Lets say I buy an old bench seat for $50.  Knowing it needs new foad and a cover.  How much should this cost. 

Also, looking at another thread on here showing pictures of interiors it has come to my attention (hahahaha sounds serious eh?) that some Chargers had leather rather then vinyl?

twodko

Bob, when I did the interior of our car I bought bucket seat foam and vinyl covers from Legendary. I don't recall seeing full bench seat foam available? I once looked at replacing the foam in my 97 pickup's bench seat and found a set in a GM truck parts business. The set was selling for over $700 Samolians! :o
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Bobs69

wow.  I have seats that have been redone in black.  I would like to have a brown/tan interior now.  Should have the first time but I was in denial that I was actually building a Dukes car.  So I just don't want to peel off the new covers, know what I mean?  Kind of a waste to do that.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

dodgedarren

Legendary color don't always match up

bobs66440

I had a bench seat done in my '39 pontiac, new foam, cover etc. and it was $600.00.

64dartgt

I need seat covers for my 64 Dart convertible and it is only available from Legendary in NOS material...about $1700 front and back for Ivy Gold!   :down:

randy73

Legendary sells 1" or 1.5" foam for rear seats, better off getting the foam at a fabric shop.

New vinyl for my rear seats is $213 and I paid $15 for foam and hog rings at a fabric shop.

Bobs69

So the foam isn't molded in a specific shape?

jaak

When I had the '73, the shop that did my upholstery reused the foam (it was in good shape) Made all the covers, recovered both buckets and rear seat, recovered upper door panels, and painted all the plastic parts (lower door panels, a pillars, sail panels, seat backs, etc.) with SEM paint. They Charged me $800.

Jason