News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

P'titRaisin's '69 Charger

Started by PtitRaisin, April 16, 2013, 03:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

areibel

There's a pic of the wiring harness laying on th eground, and another with the dash- Looks like the body is close but the rest needs put together.

PtitRaisin

Engine and trans are running well. But I have all the wiring to re-do.

Today was storage and classification :

I've got some part, I don't know where it's mounted...

I tried to mount my mirror, just to see how it looks.  :coolgleamA:

Quentin

PtitRaisin

And I tested the weel opening of the headlights :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFxNfqvLj4

Really cool.
There's a lack of grease, I know.

But a good cleaning and lubrication : here we go again as in 69!

Quentin

PtitRaisin

One more question :

Do I have tu put a gasket in this junction or tin?
Quentin

Baldwinvette77

looks like a fun day  :icon_smile_big:

and you mean the small groove in between the deck filler panel and the quarter panel? i know some people put a very small amount of body filler and other people simply leave it alone   :scratchchin:

PtitRaisin

Yep!

Ok no risk of rain intrusion ?
Quentin

Baldwinvette77

the gap is usually too tight to allow water in (so i was told) but some people use a small amount of body filler to help keep water out, there is no gasket. cars with vynil roofs have a molding that covers that up.

PtitRaisin

Yeah I have three times these moldings. But i don't want to mount it on my car.
Quentin

Baldwinvette77

yeah they look good without vynil roofs in my opinion, Hey, you might be able to sell those moldings in Europe for a pretty penny, if you are sure you don't want them  :yesnod:

Baldwinvette77

ohyeah and that amd "drip rail rubber" piece i believe thats for the sides of the car along the a- pillars, the roof and the b-pillar it goes above the door and quarter glass  :scratchchin:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: areibel on April 28, 2013, 11:22:54 AM
There's a pic of the wiring harness laying on th eground, and another with the dash- Looks like the body is close but the rest needs put together.

I SAW THAT. That is way I asked if it ran.  I.E. No wires or key

PtitRaisin

Body work is coming soon and I ask myself...

I didn't defined the interior color for the moment.
But, as the project has been began in orange, the exterior will be orange too.

The great question : General Lee or not...

Here, with the actual configuration (orange wheels and BF tires) it will look like that :

(I don't want a vinyl roof.)

So it would be more like that (still with BF)

These rims looks good too...

At the rear end, a white or black stripe...

In fact, I'm a bit torn because I love 69 Charger since I saw it in Dukes of Hazzard.
But now, since I have my own, I think I prefer make MY Charger.
Maybe it will look like an other in the world, but if I add just some details...

And I could just make vinyl decals or magnets : this way, if one day I want to take myself for Bo Duke... Yeehaaaaw!

Quentin

Homerr

I had a '69 in R4 Charger Red (like your pics) and people would give me the thumbs up and "Dukes of Hazzard!  Woohoo!" even though it had no decals.  Any red or orange Charger is likely to elicit this response.

Baldwinvette77

im still deciding on a colour scheme as well, its probably the hardest thing to do  :brickwall:

JB400

We're sailing in the same boat.  I want an orange car as well, but don't know if I want the full Dukes treatment or not.  I did spend $20 and rattle can an 01 on the driver side door.  It is pretty cool seeing it in person. :scratchchin:  I'll do a better job when I get to that point.  $20 is drop in the bucket compared to a full on paint job only to decide I don't want that

Bob T

I'd leave the magnum 500's on and go for the black stripe, classic  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Chippa

Quote from: Homerr on May 20, 2013, 05:00:03 PM
I had a '69 in R4 Charger Red (like your pics) and people would give me the thumbs up and "Dukes of Hazzard!  Woohoo!" even though it had no decals.  Any red or orange Charger is likely to elicit this response.

I feel your pain....iMy 69 is also factory R4 red and i get the GL comment which i detest as its clearly red  :brickwall:

Although i must admit in certain light it can take on a orange hue  :shruggy:

six-tee-nine

Most people you come across here dont know jack about american muscle cars and if they say something about it they say Mustang or Camaro and then they stop talking...

I'd say no General Lee pls, they are rare enough over here.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

PtitRaisin

It must be my eyes or my screen, but I see the R4 red with a little tint of orange?
Quentin

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: PtitRaisin on May 21, 2013, 04:08:13 PM
It must be my eyes or my screen, but I see the R4 red with a little tint of orange?

i see it with alot of orange  :rofl:

PtitRaisin

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 21, 2013, 04:18:18 PM
Quote from: PtitRaisin on May 21, 2013, 04:08:13 PM

i see it with alot of orange  :rofl:

Chrysler engineers, Y U NO call an orange an orange ?
Quentin

Homerr

Here is a pick of the R4 red front valance on my Charger on the right, a first gen Hugger Orange Camaro spoiler on the left, and a red Model A in the background (not sure on specifics of that color).  I kept getting 'orange' comments on my car just after it had been painted and I took this picture to show the differences in color.

Baldwinvette77

the valance looks orange to me  :scratchchin:

PtitRaisin

Yeaaaaah, it's between red and orange...
Quentin