News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD repro bumpers

Started by Highbanked Hauler, April 17, 2013, 03:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Are they equal to or better than OEM quality ? OEM wasn't anything to brag about, there were always marks in them that were chromed over.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have a front AMD bumper...while it is straight (my original rechromed's problem)the chrome leaves a lot to be desired. The bumper itself is very thin in material as well.. :Twocents:

If you have a good core to be rechromed I'd spend the money doing that
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

C928BRAN

I bought front and back, and i think the are great, while they dont fit exactly perfect, they are pretty close. chrome is nice and shiny, and no ripples. did have a little trouble fitting the bumperetts though, but not much.

Mike DC

Are you guys sure the repro bumpers even AMD products?  Repro '68/69 bumpers have been around since before AMD existed and the complaints about them here sound the same as before.  AMD has normally been better about using decent thickness/alloy in the steel too. 

In fact I have been thinking AMD should get into the repro Charger bumper business.  More than a few guys have elected to pay big money to have their originals rechromed rather than buy the existing repros. 

Charger-Bodie

AMD does make Charger bumpers and imho I think they are as  :flame: or worse than the earlier goodmark ones. Even if you get a cheap rechrome done to decent originals you. Will be happier. They amd bumperetes have been fine in my experience though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C928BRAN

I am really impressed with my AMD bumpers

jaak

I have the amd reproductions, they are decent...look good 5-10 feet away, but have flaws in them upon closer inspection. I'll be honest, budget was a concern while building my car, so that's why I bought them (I was quoted 1000 to rechrome my originals). If its in your budget, you will be happier with rechromed originals.

Jason

Fred

I bought AMD bumpers. They were just terrible so I returned them and had my originals re-chromed. Happy as Larry. Nothing fits like the original parts.  :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

C928BRAN

maybe i just got lucky, because mine look great, even close up, and my originals were so bent up, not sure they could have been fixed.

Chatt69chgr

I had my originals rechromed by Tri-City Planting in Elizabethton, TN.  I think they visit some of the car shows.  Cost was about the same as repops and they did a real nice job.  I have not installed them so I don't know if the chrome will stay looking good or not.  But the comments I have read over the years seem to indicate that they do a good job that appears to hold up with time.

hawkeye

i had keystone/lkq do mine.  was $450 for 70 charger rear bumper with the bumper guards.  the front one without the bumper guards was $325.  they did a nice job, have a lifetime guarentee and have locations all over the eastern 2/3rds of the us.  took about 4 months, they send them all to minnesota to be rechromed.  http://www.lkqcorp.com/locations/location-results.aspx

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hawkeye on April 20, 2013, 06:51:32 AM
i had keystone/lkq do mine.  was $450 for 70 charger rear bumper with the bumper guards.  the front one without the bumper guards was $325.  they did a nice job, have a lifetime guarentee and have locations all over the eastern 2/3rds of the us.  took about 4 months, they send them all to minnesota to be rechromed.  http://www.lkqcorp.com/locations/location-results.aspx

Keystone really does some beautiful Chrome work, and I just another set ,gaurds and all . The only problem is their huge price tag. Next time around I will be doing some shopping around,due only to the price.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 20, 2013, 07:26:55 AM

Keystone really does some beautiful Chrome work, and I just another set ,gaurds and all . The only problem is their huge price tag. Next time around I will be doing some shopping around,due only to the price.
THERE IS A PLACE IN ARIZONA THAT IS LESS THEN 1/2 THAT PRICE FOR THE SAME QUALITY
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hawkeye

Quote from: moparstuart on April 20, 2013, 10:18:56 AM

THERE IS A PLACE IN ARIZONA THAT IS LESS THEN 1/2 THAT PRICE FOR THE SAME QUALITY
contact info?

b5blue

Got a link?

moparstuart

Quote from: hawkeye on April 20, 2013, 10:29:39 AM
i had keystone/lkq do mine.  was $450 for 70 charger rear bumper with the bumper guards.  the front one without the bumper guards was $325.  they did a nice job, have a lifetime guarentee and have locations all over the eastern 2/3rds of the us.  took about 4 months, they send them all to minnesota to be rechromed.  http://www.lkqcorp.com/locations/location-results.aspx

contact info?
Concourse Polishing & Plating 602-997-7735
they are very old school so no web site
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

b5blue

Cool I'll call next week!  :2thumbs: