News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transporting/shipping your car

Started by mopartybob, June 27, 2013, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopartybob

Howdy 'all, retirement will soon be upon me (sept), and i plan on doin some visiting with family/friends, while some local jaunts are do-able,I have family on the east coast and would like to have my Charger with me, I have not heard of any horror stories involving auto transporters and would like some feedback on this, (auto transport/train freight... etc) Transport would be from San Francisco-Raliegh, N. Carolina, Thanks everyone  :cheers:    Robert
If life's a Highway,then your soul must be a car....

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Homerr

moparts has a transport services section in their forums.

69charger2002

I shipped that yellow one from Oregon to Baton rouge LA for $1450. that was enclosed fully insured. Open car carrier would have been around $1000, but with a car like that i didn't want it getting road grime all over it. WOrth the extra $450. Just depends how nice your car is.. BTW almost all carriers carry full coverage from the time it's picked up til you sign off on it at delivery.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

mopartybob

THANKS guyz, anyone do train freight???

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 27, 2013, 10:31:43 AM
I shipped that yellow one from Oregon to Baton rouge LA for $1450. that was enclosed fully insured. Open car carrier would have been around $1000, but with a car like that i didn't want it getting road grime all over it. WOrth the extra $450. Just depends how nice your car is.. BTW almost all carriers carry full coverage from the time it's picked up til you sign off on it at delivery.

Contact info on the shipping company?

AKcharger

I shipped my '70 from AK to VA on 2004 and my '72 from VA to AK in 2007. Good experience, no issues was about $2000 each way

areibel

Quote from: mopartybob on June 27, 2013, 11:14:39 AM
I don't know how feasible that would be- most of the car carriers are pretty much point to point, you'd have to load and unload where they tell you to?  And insurance might be a bear. There are other reasons,  google "rail dust", it's the reason new cars come with those funky white cover sheets on the flat surfaces.  You'd have to do the prep for that too.

mopartybob

Quote from: areibel on June 27, 2013, 01:05:52 PM
Quote from: mopartybob on June 27, 2013, 11:14:39 AM
I don't know how feasible that would be- most of the car carriers are pretty much point to point, you'd have to load and unload where they tell you to?  And insurance might be a bear. There are other reasons,  google "rail dust", it's the reason new cars come with those funky white cover sheets on the flat surfaces.  You'd have to do the prep for that too.
yea,  10-4 on that ... fooey, my car is nice,but not THAT nice..... lol... :cheers: maybe I'll just start another thread..."Coast-Coast in my 72 Rallye"...  :icon_smile_big:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: mopartybob on June 27, 2013, 01:29:38 PM
yea,  10-4 on that ... fooey, my car is nice,but not THAT nice..... lol... :cheers: maybe I'll just start another thread..."Coast-Coast in my 72 Rallye"...  :icon_smile_big:

That right there is one of the big items on my bucket list. When I retire I hope to be able to make a long cruse in my Charger. It would be a grand adventure worthy of my time.  :yesnod:

I think you should seriously consider that as a viable route, most definitely now that you will be retired.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mopartybob

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 27, 2013, 02:13:50 PM
Quote from: mopartybob on June 27, 2013, 01:29:38 PM

That right there is one of the big items on my bucket list. When I retire I hope to be able to make a long cruse in my Charger. It would be a grand adventure worthy of my time.  :yesnod:

I think you should seriously consider that as a viable route, most definitely now that you will be retired.  :Twocents:
WWWeeeee Doggies!!! That would be a GRAND adventure.... The car has less than 1000miles on a total resto,so i'm not doubting it's reliability, HHHmmmm if I could just make it past New Mexico, I'd be OK... lol...  Thanks... now you got me thinking...  :cheers: