News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

c500 on ebay

Started by cdr, August 07, 2013, 06:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A383Wing

I like it...his "buy it now" price seems a little high to me though

held1823

nice car, it will be interesting to see the attention it gets at the nationals.

the ebay photos before they're gone...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

charger_fan_4ever

The super nice F8 500 was down to as low as 45k since it was for sale over the past few years and it was on the road. C500 is a dream ride, so I follow a lot of the e bay auctions mecum ect to see if ever i could afford one lol.

The Hemi C500 in blue sold on the bag for $98 k

Its a nice car and a S.E, but i don't see this going for even 50k.

:Twocents:

A383Wing

I just looked closer at pics...lots of stuff missing: console top plate & lights, all the AC stuff under the hood, vacuum lines look MIA, plus maybe other stuff I don't know of under the hood

I think $50k is pushing it...in my opinion

ws23rt

What I see is what is there. If this has never had any resto done it's in amazing condition for a 44 year old car.
To total restore this would be a tough call. There is so much intact and nice.

RallyeMike

Built the same day as mine  :icon_smile_big:

Looks like a nice car, but not at $75k. I'm convinced that people just put high buy-it-now's on purpose to draw bids up, negotiate with buyers once it falls through, and avoid paying the eBay sales fees.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

A383Wing

Quote from: ws23rt on August 07, 2013, 08:34:18 PM
What I see is what is there. If this has never had any resto done it's in amazing condition for a 44 year old car.

I agree...if this is as nice as it looks, I think a little "freshening up" would be in order..find all the missing stuff & put it back together & drive it

Bryan

Ghoste

tan top

looks a good car from the pictures  :yesnod: :drool5:  :popcrn: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: A383Wing on August 07, 2013, 09:39:46 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on August 07, 2013, 08:34:18 PM

I agree...if this is as nice as it looks, I think a little "freshening up" would be in order..find all the missing stuff & put it back together & drive it

Bryan

Agreed, if photos hold true IMO that is quite a nice old and .... they are rarely that original, some details is all I see it needs.  Although not a loaded SE.. it does appears to be an SE on a 500 which is very rare.  Color likely appealing to NE crowd and other pockets that desire that color.  Not crazy about the color :Twocents: :shruggy:, but looks like a great car with very likely original paint on interior sheet metal if I am seeing it correctly or dreaming, I would not be embarrassed owning it, but at 75BIN, as much as I favor 500s I could see most leaning towards one with a wing.

hemi68charger

Very nice car........ with A/C !!!! man, another H51 surfaces.............  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Homerr

QuoteThe car is not in drivable condition. I do not know the condition of engine and transmission internals.  I recently purchased this vehicle out of a Mopar collection along with other restored cars.  I am not interested in a project car.  It looks like all parts are included except for A/C parts and spare wheel.

Quotemotor is non numbers matching

Highbanked Hauler

Like anything else, throw  poo at the wall and see how much sticks. You can always come down but its hard to go up on price.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

5hunert

Interesting he quotes GGs 1 of 1 number but uses the non-GG number of 392. 

fc7_plumcrazy

I am not fancy of H51 on any muscle car.
What do you think this car is worth?

Carsten

ws23rt

Quote from: 5hunert on August 08, 2013, 05:11:33 PM
Interesting he quotes GGs 1 of 1 number but uses the non-GG number of 392.  

Every car is one of one. If two cars were identical and made one after the other. One would be the first and the other would be the last. Which would be worth more?
Extra options usually bring more attention because of the rarity factor.
If a few hemi cars had factory ac I suspect that would be played up and many would pay for it.

When these cars were being made I had been tuning in to factory muscle for only a couple of years. I don't recall any reference to the C500 as being the next hot car.
Those that know the history can speak better than I do.
What I have gathered is mother mopar needed to move as many as possible in a short time. So AC and SE options would help moving cars. :shruggy:

69_500

This car has been sitting just the way it looks for as long as I have known about it. It is one of 4 SE 500's with AC that I know of. It is the only one I have seen that is T3 but the same guy has another SE with AC. I believe this one was Reggie Jackson's car at one point in time. Very nice original car.

69_500

If that car was mine it would not be repainted. From my observation of the car it is still original paint on a vast majority of the car. Car does have broadcast sheet as well.

hemi68charger

Does look like the front grille/fender fillers are missing though..  :'(
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

ws23rt

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 08, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

I agree. That seems odd. Why would someone need to take apart the grill unless to repair something. :shruggy:
And than to leave out those parts?

hemi68charger

Quote from: ws23rt on August 08, 2013, 08:27:07 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 08, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

I agree. That seems odd. Why would someone need to take apart the grill unless to repair something. :shruggy:
And than to leave out those parts?

My point without saying it......  :2thumbs:

But, nice car nonetheless.....
Troy

69_500

I think the filler pieces from this car were used on his other car.