News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don's 69 Charger Rust Belt restoration

Started by mopar4don, September 01, 2013, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4don

Ok, next the drivers side fender has this bad area

mopar4don

and I have a 68 junk fender that is good in that area,

mopar4don

so........ a slicing we go

darbgnik

Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

mopar4don

Thanks fellas
I got the fenders and related pieces epoxy primed, along with the front valance and subframe connectors

mopar4don

now to put the fenders back together
1st I welded in the cowl/antenna bracket. Before I removed this I had drilled 1/8 holes to help locate it when it goes back together (look by the vise grip) I really do try to think ahead, but sometimes I do overthink things   :yesnod:

mopar4don

Next I welded in the rear brace (no locating holes on this one)

mopar4don

Ok these next few pics are gonna be a little out of sequence, but for now we will stay with the pass side fender.
I welded in the headlight buckets (pilot alignment holes used) and the inner lip of the fender. (Sorry I didnt get enough pics of this) I will show a few more pics of the inner lip on the drivers side fender

ht4spd307

Homerr

More great looking work Don!

Are you going to be satisfied with just driving this car when it's done?  Or are you going to need to buy another to rebuild?!   :laugh:  I just ask because you are so committed to this (and I feel the same about my cars).

mopar4don

Quote from: ht4spd307 on January 26, 2018, 10:39:30 AM
just like a bought one :2thumbs:
Thanks thats the idea (I like it to look brand new)

Quote from: Homerr on January 26, 2018, 11:29:08 AM
More great looking work Don!

Are you going to be satisfied with just driving this car when it's done?  Or are you going to need to buy another to rebuild?!   :laugh:  I just ask because you are so committed to this (and I feel the same about my cars).
Right now I would I would like to do another build, but we will see how I feel when I get this done! :scratchchin:

mopar4don

As promised here are some pics of the driver side showing how I did that inner lip.

So here you can see I used those alignment holes and screws to hold the bucket and inner lip patch. I did check the shape with my profile templates (which was good)

mopar4don

So I took it apart and prepped the metal for welding and tacked it together

mopar4don

then I added these two wings to make it like it was originally

mopar4don

Welded in the front support

mopar4don

Finished fender and its on the car! :yesnod:  :thumbs:

JB400

Looks good. :cheers:  Have we picked a colour for this project yet? :popcrn:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

mopar4don

Quote from: JB400 on January 29, 2018, 06:16:27 PM
Looks good. :cheers:  Have we picked a colour for this project yet? :popcrn:
Thanks JB, color well it was originaly T7 with a white vinyl top, so we will see. I like the this color

Quote from: cdr on January 29, 2018, 06:27:57 PM
:o :o :o :o   OUTSTANDING !!!!!!   :2thumbs:
Thanks Charlie

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 29, 2018, 06:56:04 PM
Great stuff Don !!  :2thumbs:
Thank you sir.

I am still tring to get this thread up to date

Bronzedodge

When you are done you could hold master classes for restoration.  Awesome work man!   :cheers: :2thumbs:
Mopar forever!

keepat

Dino

Fantastic work Don, it's a joy to watch your wizardry at work. You should be beaming with pride. You can't buy that!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mopar4don

Quote from: Bronzedodge on January 29, 2018, 11:32:05 PM
When you are done you could hold master classes for restoration.  Awesome work man!   :cheers: :2thumbs:
who me??? thats funny  :rofl:

Quote from: keepat on January 30, 2018, 08:45:24 PM
Don,
Nice work on the fenders!!
Pat
Thanks Pat

Quote from: Dino on January 30, 2018, 08:59:23 PM
Fantastic work Don, it's a joy to watch your wizardry at work. You should be beaming with pride. You can't buy that!

It is because of you guys (DC.com members) and all your help.