News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B64 71 only 4-Wheel Skid Control

Started by road/track, March 05, 2006, 05:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

road/track

HI,
I was scrolling in the code lists for 1971 and found this;

B64 71 only 4-Wheel Skid Control

could some one enlighten me on this ???
regards..Carl
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

John_Kunkel

I stumbled across it in the parts book years ago, it was only available on the '71 Imperial.

I don't know the details, the parts book shows a couple of modulators, slip sensors, logic control and associated wiring. I can only assume that it was an early version of ABS.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 05, 2006, 05:21:25 PM
I stumbled across it in the parts book years ago, it was only available on the '71 Imperial.

I don't know the details, the parts book shows a couple of modulators, slip sensors, logic control and associated wiring. I can only assume that it was an early version of ABS.

Yup, that's it exactly.

GM and Ford only offered 2-wheel versions by the way.

I'm almost positive that my "72 LeBaron had it as an option though, but I'll have to check out the Imperial site to be sure.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!