News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pump cover ?

Started by Windsor, January 09, 2014, 06:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

So, I am trying to figure out a way to not use a remote mount oil pump, but not chop my frame up for the stock oil pump to fit. The issue I have is the filter mount. As it sits, I cant put the oil pump cover on due to clearance. My idea is to trim it up and install fittings to allow use of my remote oil pump. I looked into the Milodon oil pump covers, but they all seem to have the same issue, forward facing fittings. Has anyone ever done something like this? I know I will have to fill weld a couple spots to allow enough material in the locations I need the fittings, but the machine shop I have been using for other parts has done good with other cast parts.

Windsor

Ended up cutting the oil pump cover. Dropped it off at the welding shop to have a couple areas built up, and have it drilled out and threaded to fittings. No longer going to have the clearance issue.

John_Kunkel

Be sure to check the mating surface for flatness after all that welding.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.