News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RR 71 Need help with this cable

Started by bobfist, March 29, 2014, 12:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!

I just got a new reproduction engine harness for my rr 71 383 with 4 speed
But i have to order some more bec of melting bulk heads connecting to the under dash harness

But i cant figure out what this B2A-18BK* shall go?
A warning lamp on the instrument panel?

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

ODZKing

Reverse lamp on dash

bobfist

THanks,

ok that lamp are already working so i guess they did something there also.

Also wondering if the fusible link are in the forward light system?

And in my repair book it says that the big bolt on the starter realy battery + has a fusible link also when using a 60 amp alternator?
Anyone has that fusible link, havent seen it before.

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Nacho-RT74

diagrams shows two fuse links, one 16 gauge for smaller alts and 14 gauge for bigger alts... your car in stock form will use one or the other, but not both. You can notice discontinued traces showing is an alternative installation for those higher optioned cars with more than 60 amps alternators

they show also if using a big alt, black and red wires for the main power system will run through the firewall instead the bulkhead... this is also an alternative way to wire it up, if using a big alt.

thats how I based my thread about the parallel wiring whne upgrading the charging system.

No fuses or fuse link to protect headlights system, just fuses to protect the parking and cluster lights. Headlights fail will short out the main fuse link you are asking about
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bobfist

ok thank you!

But yearones forward light harness, does this kit goes from the firewall to the headlights?
www.bobfist.com
Sweden