News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lennard

mike69440

Good that you use some carbon fiber to lighten her up a bit, because you will have at least 50 lbs of paint on her!

Pretty!

CDN72SE

Wow that looks smooooth!
1972 Charger SE

CRW-FK5

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 26, 2017, 06:22:08 PM
Quote from: keepat on June 25, 2017, 06:26:33 PM
Mud work is done on the passenger side, and I sprayed 3 coats of high build primer now it's ready for some blocking sanding and another 3 coats of high build primer.
Thanks
Pat

Here are the pics Pat intended for viewing on reply #994

:cheers:
Great project.  Just wondering about the crispness of the body lines on it though.  Were factory lines that defined or did they soften some around the wheel well areas?  I am planning on re-doing my car in a year or so and am trying to determine how well defined the lines should be when I do it.  Looks great when they're crisp like that but not sure if they were that way from the factory.  Thanks.  Car coming along great.

timmycharger

By looking at the pics from Stu's thread on his recent score, I would say that they were pretty crisp from the factory  :yesnod:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,128973.50.html

Cncguy

Quote from: timmycharger on June 27, 2017, 02:34:47 PM
By looking at the pics from Stu's thread on his recent score, I would say that they were pretty crisp from the factory  :yesnod:

The paint is a lot thicker now, than they used.

CRW-FK5

Thanks.  Yes, they are pretty uniform down the side on that one. 

Fonzy

Those beautiful body contours combined with the diffuse lighting & silky smooth coating...cracking pictures  :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: timmycharger on June 26, 2017, 06:29:03 PM
Wow! Looking great Pat! :drool5: :popcrn:

Quote from: Dino on June 26, 2017, 07:28:03 PM
I LOVE IT!    :2thumbs:

Quote from: Lennard on June 26, 2017, 07:45:38 PM
Great stuff :2thumbs:

Thanks guys!

Quote from: mike69440 on June 27, 2017, 11:55:03 AM
Good that you use some carbon fiber to lighten her up a bit, because you will have at least 50 lbs of paint on her!

Pretty!

With filler, primer, sealer, base coat, and clear i think it will be more than 50 lbs :-(

Quote from: CDN72SE on June 27, 2017, 12:53:41 PM
Wow that looks smooooth!

I hope as nice as yours!

Quote from: Cncguy on June 27, 2017, 03:31:52 PM
By looking at the pics from Stu's thread on his recent score, I would say that they were pretty crisp from the factory  :yesnod:

The paint is a lot thicker now, than they used.

Here are a few picture of my charger in 1969 and the body lines look the same, note the lower quarter body line is a little softer.

Quote from: Fonzy on June 28, 2017, 08:20:23 AM
Those beautiful body contours combined with the diffuse lighting & silky smooth coating...cracking pictures  :2thumbs:

Thank you and welcome!

Pat

keepat

One more, sorry for the inverted picture
Thanks
Pat

moparstuart

Quote from: keepat on June 29, 2017, 09:40:28 AM

One more, sorry for the inverted picture
Thanks
Pat

damn close to mine   :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

keepat

Yes, very similar!
Thanks
Pat

NCMopar

Hi OP, can you either refresh your 3rd party photo hosting site or PM me a pic or two of the template pics for that plate you made to cover the grill to rad support area? I'm going to do the same and would love to check yours out, but it looks like you may have exceeded usage from your hosting site.

Regards,
John

NCMopar

Never mind, just saw the post from CDR, my apologies.

keepat

Pm me your email and I will send you the pictures.
Thanks
Pat

Fonzy

Quote from: Pat
Thank you and welcome!

Cheers! Was about time to get involved with other Charger enthusiasts before I eventually can afford my own, so what better place to start than here. Could spend days just checking out all the different resto projects on this site though  :drool5:

keepat

Quote from: Fonzy on July 03, 2017, 05:42:46 AM

Quote from: Pat
Thank you and welcome!

Cheers! Was about time to get involved with other Charger enthusiasts before I eventually can afford my own, so what better place to start than here. Could spend days just checking out all the different resto projects on this site though  :drool5:

This is a great site, with a lot of really cool builds and very knowledgeable members!
Enjoy!
Pat

keepat

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

keepat

Ryan

Quote from: keepat on July 08, 2017, 01:18:31 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 08, 2017, 01:09:35 PM
Quote from: keepat on July 08, 2017, 12:53:20 PM
test
WIN! :cheers:

Only for new post, still working on all the old pictures :-(
Thanks

Man, that silver 68 was perfect..... one of my favorites. Although I'm sure the black one will end up right next to it on that list.

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

VegasCharger

Thanks

Cool deal Pat.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

That's a great shot of your ole silver 68.

I see you're going with postimage as your source. It's pretty good but sometimes it will flip/rotate your pics  :brickwall: :brickwall:

In the event that happens to me I just create another pic of the same image any it has always worked for me.

Here's another thing I was considering is that any forums you use in the future where you post pics that requires using an image host, maybe make a note (tags) section somewhere in the text area of the pics that are displayed within that post. That way in the future if the source that you used to post those pics decides to bail (a-hem PhotoBucket) you would have an ideal of what pics were on that post and you could go back and "Modify" your DC.com post and reinsert the pics (provided that you saved the files) using a different image host.

keepat

Quote from: Ryan on July 14, 2017, 08:11:25 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 08, 2017, 01:09:35 PM
Quote from: keepat on July 08, 2017, 12:53:20 PM
test
WIN! :cheers:

Thanks

Man, that silver 68 was perfect..... one of my favorites. Although I'm sure the black one will end up right next to it on that list.

Ryan,
  When friends or family ask me which one of the cars that I have owned or built is my favorite and I always tell them the next one ;-).  That said, I do miss the silver charger :-(
Thank you
Pat

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 14, 2017, 08:46:58 PM
Thanks

Cool deal Pat.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

That's a great shot of your ole silver 68.

I see you're going with postimage as your source. It's pretty good but sometimes it will flip/rotate your pics  :brickwall: :brickwall:

In the event that happens to me I just create another pic of the same image any it has always worked for me.

Here's another thing I was considering is that any forums you use in the future where you post pics that requires using an image host, maybe make a note (tags) section somewhere in the text area of the pics that are displayed within that post. That way in the future if the source that you used to post those pics decides to bail (a-hem PhotoBucket) you would have an ideal of what pics were on that post and you could go back and "Modify" your DC.com post and reinsert the pics (provided that you saved the files) using a different image host.

Thanks for the suggestions all very good ideas!  It's a shame that all this had to change because Photobucket change the rules.  I had 2 1/2 years of my sons 68 bullitt mustang document  on another site, with him in most of the pictures growing up during the build that is now gone on those sites.  Before that I had a 1972 Pontiac Trans Am that I documented the all numbers matching restoration and those pictures are also gone :-(
I don't fault photobucket for looking to make some money for the service they offer but I just think going from free to $400 a year is very unreasonable!  I'm done venting and moving on!

Thank you
Pat