News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: darbgnik on October 21, 2017, 03:54:58 PM
I thought you were the same guy.... just saw your latest post on the Viper forum, and thought the name was familiar, then I scroll down to the pics on this page and see the car in question.

Love the ACR E, and how this one is going.

Guilty, but I plead insanity ;-)
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

I was happy to find that my aluminum bumper brackets fit great and have no movement whatsoever. Not sure I would use the original bumper jack, but that was never going to happen anyway ;-)
Thanks
Pat

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

VegasCharger

keepat

For the first time in over 3 years my Charger has moved! Only about 15' ;-) from one side of the shop to the other but it's definitely a big milestone. I will start to clean the paint booth to get it ready for painting. All the block sanding (600 grit) is finished. I just need to take the fenders, doors, hood, and trunk off and detail the jams.
Thanks
Pat

Canadian1968

why did you prime in such a light colour if you are painting it black ?

keepat

Quote from: Canadian1968 on October 27, 2017, 06:33:46 PM
why did you prime in such a light colour if you are painting it black ?

I find the gray primer is easier to see the high and low spot when sanding, and the sealer I'm using is black.
Thanks
Pat

cbrestorations

I'm looking forward to building my black 68 r/t with a nice body as urs, superb work

BDF

keepat

Quote from: cbrestorations on October 28, 2017, 07:27:07 AM
I'm looking forward to building my black 68 r/t with a nice body as urs, superb work

And I'll look forward to watching that build as I do with your other cars!
Thanks

Quote from: BDF on October 28, 2017, 03:53:34 PM
Amazing work!  :popcrn:

Thank you
Pat

mike69440

Those bumpers , Fabricated Al. Brackets  Carbon fiver lower support, Etc are incredible.

It's time you got thinking about lighting.
How about High power LEDs in the driving and main Headlamp lights?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Zdatt+14400LM+Led+Headlight&rlz=1C1PRFA_enUS437US442&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNiNKg4ZTXAhXJ4IMKHcGaAmYQsAQIMw&biw=1920&bih=965
So i bet this has you thinking?
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/new-mopar-crate-engine-lets-you-hellcat-all-the-cars/

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on October 28, 2017, 09:16:55 PM
Those bumpers , Fabricated Al. Brackets  Carbon fiver lower support, Etc are incredible.

It's time you got thinking about lighting.
How about High power LEDs in the driving and main Headlamp lights?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Zdatt+14400LM+Led+Headlight&rlz=1C1PRFA_enUS437US442&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNiNKg4ZTXAhXJ4IMKHcGaAmYQsAQIMw&biw=1920&bih=965
So i bet this has you thinking?
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/new-mopar-crate-engine-lets-you-hellcat-all-the-cars/

Mike,
Two years too late, but I would have considered it other than I think it would have been through the hood.
Thank you for the LED light link
Pat

kokxville

Man i like 69 chargers the most off the 2nd gen's,but everytime i look at this build of your 68 i want to make love to my wife immediately  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:
Just awesome  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

keepat

Quote from: kokxville on November 02, 2017, 03:35:25 PM
Man i like 69 chargers the most off the 2nd gen's,but everytime i look at this build of your 68 i want to make love to my wife immediately  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:

I guess we know what you did after your post ;-)
Thanks
Pat

kokxville

Quote from: keepat on November 02, 2017, 08:36:22 PM
Quote from: kokxville on November 02, 2017, 03:35:25 PM

I guess we know what you did after your post ;-)
Thanks
Pat
:lol:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Derwud

The Ring Brother's have got nothing on you!!! Nice work...

VegasCharger

timmycharger

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 03, 2017, 03:55:19 PM
Quote from: Derwud on November 03, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
The Ring Brother's have got nothing no you!!! Nice work...

:iagree: :iagree:

I appreciate the comments gentleman, but I have to disagree Ring Brothers do awesome work, have all the best tools, and many highly skilled workers. I'm just one knucklehead in a backyard garage, but I enjoy doing all my own work, and I'm happy with my backyard results.
Thanks again!
Pat

Derwud

Quote from: keepat on November 04, 2017, 05:45:40 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on November 03, 2017, 03:55:19 PM
Quote from: Derwud on November 03, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
The Ring Brother's have got nothing no you!!! Nice work...

:iagree: :iagree:

I appreciate the comments gentleman, but I have to disagree Ring Brothers do awesome work, have all the best tools, and many highly skilled workers. I'm just one knucklehead in a backyard garage, but I enjoy doing all my own work, and I'm happy with my backyard results.
Thanks again!
Pat

That is what makes you build better.. You are one guy in a Garage making a beautiful car.. I impressed by what you do.. I am un impressed by what they did..

Charger-Bodie

I think the ring bros do beautiful work . I just like how this charger has a much more respected approach.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

keepat

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 04, 2017, 04:33:20 PM
I think the ring bros do beautiful work . I just like how this charger has a much more respected approach.

Thank you!!
Pat

keepat

All the body panels are removed, still need to do some detail sanding in the door jams. I also drilled the holes for the power windows in the doors as well as the jams
Thanks
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on November 08, 2017, 09:31:27 PM
All the body panels are removed, still need to do some detail sanding in the door jams. I also drilled the holes for the power windows in the doors as well as the jams
Thanks
Pat

Nice work Pat.  :2thumbs:

Is this a custom made wire loom for the pw wires?

Power windows  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: