News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

It might be pregnant...... it's glowing!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

keepat

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 06, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
It might be pregnant...... it's glowing!

I hope you're right, it would be great to get a 2018 charger baby that looks like a 1968 ;-)
Thanks
Pat

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

keepat

Still color sanding and polishing, mid size car my a$$ ;-)
Thanks
Pat

mike69440

Love the engine bay, shame even putting a motor in it as it is so preety.  The detail & clean looks are appreciated.  The boxed radiator support tops it off.

I wonder what the final front/rear weight distribution and total weight will be?  You lightened the cars components, then added a lot of structural stuff.  Might be a wash weight wise with a lower CG and less polar moment of inertia.  Light weight seats will help, along with Lithium Battery.  Engine/drive train & exhaust should be lighter that the old cast Iron stuff.

I'm a big fan of Stainless Works.  Maybe you can get an exhaust system at low to no cost if you showcase their products?

Are you planning two or 3 sets of tires/wheels?

I can't say enough good things about PS2's for DOT approved road course tires and Conti Extreme Contacts for street tires.  I'm not sure about best Drag radial.

What will you be doing for stoppers?

JB400

We could be Chrysler300.com or Desoto.com and wish we got a b bory instead

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on June 25, 2018, 08:09:58 AM
Love the engine bay, shame even putting a motor in it as it is so preety.  The detail & clean looks are appreciated.  The boxed radiator support tops it off.

I wonder what the final front/rear weight distribution and total weight will be?  You lightened the cars components, then added a lot of structural stuff.  Might be a wash weight wise with a lower CG and less polar moment of inertia.  Light weight seats will help, along with Lithium Battery.  Engine/drive train & exhaust should be lighter that the old cast Iron stuff.

I'm a big fan of Stainless Works.  Maybe you can get an exhaust system at low to no cost if you showcase their products?

Are you planning two or 3 sets of tires/wheels?

I can't say enough good things about PS2's for DOT approved road course tires and Conti Extreme Contacts for street tires.  I'm not sure about best Drag radial.

What will you be doing for stoppers?

I think this car will end up coming in lighter and the CG further aft then a stock 440 charger with air-conditioning.  Friend of mine has scales for weighing vehicles that are ultra thin and I plan on taking them to Carlisle next year and finding a stock 440 AC car to compare the weight.  As for the wheels and tires just one set already have them and the brakes will be Willwood.
Thanks
Pat

Quote from: JB400 on June 25, 2018, 09:34:05 AM
We could be Chrysler300.com or Desoto.com and wish we got a b bory instead

??

JB400

My comment was based off your comment on how big our cars are.  We could be restoring full size Mopars instead of mid size.

orange383

Great work Pat. You must be running out of steam by now with all that sanding and polishing!

Derwud

Quote from: keepat on June 25, 2018, 02:49:27 PMAs for the wheels and tires just one set already have them and the brakes will be Willwood.
Thanks
Pat

If you ever tire of those wheels, I will glady give you a Hundy a piece for them..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Lennard

Quote from: Derwud on June 26, 2018, 10:34:17 AM
Quote from: keepat on June 25, 2018, 02:49:27 PMAs for the wheels and tires just one set already have them and the brakes will be Willwood.
Thanks
Pat

If you ever tire of those wheels, I will glady give you a Hundy a piece for them..
For a hundy, you might get the air inside of them.  :lol:

1970Moparmann

Hey Pat, Brian said he would fly up for a weekend and get it wet sanded and polished for you.    :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Derwud

Quote from: Lennard on June 26, 2018, 11:08:49 AM
Thanks
Pat

Hey, I gotta try.. Those are some BAD ASS wheels..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 26, 2018, 11:14:45 AM
Hey Pat, Brian said he would fly up for a weekend and get it wet sanded and polished for you.    :2thumbs:

I told you that in confidence..... lol
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

timmycharger

Thanks
Pat

:cheers: I was thinking the same thing, or maybe the valve stem caps  :rofl:

keepat

Quote from: JB400 on June 25, 2018, 11:22:02 PM
My comment was based off your comment on how big our cars are.  We could be restoring full size Mopars instead of mid size.

This car will get me ready for that 59 Cadillac I like to build one day ;-)
Thanks

Quote from: orange383 on June 26, 2018, 07:18:08 AM
Great work Pat. You must be running out of steam by now with all that sanding and polishing!

What keeps me going is knowing all the fun stuff is about to start!
Thanks

Quote from: Derwud on June 26, 2018, 11:19:08 AM
Thanks
Pat

For a hundy, you might get the air inside of them.  :lol:

Hey, I gotta try.. Those are some BAD ASS wheels..

Not for sale, but if you need some custom wheel air let me know ;-)
Thanks

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 26, 2018, 11:36:01 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 26, 2018, 11:14:45 AM

I told you that in confidence..... lol

I have a bunch of Southwest miles so I have the airfare, beer, and all the steamed crabs you can eat between color sanding and polishing;-)
Thanks
Pat

charger chris

Boy your build is coming along nicely   :popcrn:  :2thumbs:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

keepat

CRW-FK5

Quote from: keepat on July 03, 2018, 05:19:09 PM
Big engine bay to polish ;-)
Thanks
Pat

http://youtu.be/dkg8AXZWpSg

That is some impressive work.  Not easy at all.  How in the world do you avoid breaking through the clear with so many peaks, ribs, etc... in the metal?  It must take a lot of patience.  Great job.

keepat

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on July 04, 2018, 08:56:33 AM
Quote from: keepat on July 03, 2018, 05:19:09 PM
Big engine bay to polish ;-)
Thanks
Pat

http://youtu.be/dkg8AXZWpSg

That is some impressive work.  Not easy at all.  How in the world do you avoid breaking through the clear with so many peaks, ribs, etc... in the metal?  It must take a lot of patience.  Great job.

Like most things that look cool, you have to be patient and take a lot of time! I still have a few touchups but overall I'm very happy with the way it's coming out
Thank you and happy 4th
Pat

keepat

I picked up all the new tinted glass for the charger at Carlisle 2 weeks ago. So I put the vent windows together using Metros vent window gaskets. The gaskets fit great and required no modifications. I tested all of the new window glass against my original glass and for the most part the cut and shape seems to be very close, however the etched labeling for the vent windows was not only on the wrong side but it was also much larger than my originals. Ordered the tinted glass as that's what the original Bullitt charger had.
I had all of my original vent parts re-chrome by Paul's two years ago, and I polished stainless steel. I used a commercial grade black double stick tape to reattach the lower chrome trim to the vent glass. (This worked very well on my 1st Charger 10 years ago) There are 6 raised rivets that are part of the chrome vent Frame used to hold the steel track in place. And on the two chargers I have restored the factory only uses 3 of these which makes it very easy to reattach the chrome to the steel frame in the same manner that the factory did buy peening over the rivets to hold the frame. Be careful peening over the small rivets as the metal is soft and you can dent the other side easily which I found out on my 1st Charger 10 years ago. Then reinstalling the vent glass along with the stop pin and locking handle is relatively easy after cleaning out any excess chrome plating left behind in the small holes.
Thanks!

Lennard

MxRacer855

mike69440

Everyone needs a break now and then.
Anything been happening in the last 3 Months?

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on October 31, 2018, 06:38:50 PM
Everyone needs a break now and then.
Anything been happening in the last 3 Months?

I took a little break from the Charger to get a survivor hot rod running so I could take the wife of the original builder out for a ride. Hope to be back on the Charger soon.  Below is a link to a FB page on the old hot rod / gasser
Thanks
Pat

https://www.facebook.com/1746777295365212/posts/2041179405924998/