News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

BIGBLCK11

Very cool!  I recall it from when you first showed pictures quite awhile ago.   :2thumbs:

keepat

Just starting the restoration and polishing of all of the exterior stainless steel. Fun!
Thanks
Pat

keepat

darbgnik

Wow, there's a difference!
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking great Pat! Nice and shiny.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

The original Inland shifter had a mechanical reverse lockout which was disengaged with the T handle. The Tremec 6 speed also has an reverse lockout, but it is operated by a 12v solenoid. So I modified a door jam domelight switch to fit inside and added a top spring to hold tension on the T handle. This will either directly operate the negative side of the solenoid or a relay? I haven't quite decided how I will wire that in yet. I just need to add a slight dogleg bend to the shifter, weld on the 2x1x1/2" mount block and then send it out for Chrome;-)
Thanks

chargerperson

Looks good.

While not at your level of quality, I also used an original 4 speed shifter for my 67 charger when I had a T-56 installed.  Interior of the car looks original (is original) while the transmission, motor, etc. are modern

keepat

I'm using the American Autowire classic update series harness. Very nice harness as it uses all of the original connectors. None of the ends are installed so you can adjust the length of the wires as you see fit, along with having all of the additional wires needed for a modern car such as electric fan, electric fuel pump, door locks, power seats and power windows. It looks original with the same color code, but with one nice addition all of the wires are labeled every 4 inches. Instrument panel worked out great!
A few modifications along with a couple brackets I made to hold the new fuse box securely, with access from the glove box.
Need to paint the gray plastic face plate black to finish it off.
Thanks
Pat

Derwud

Doing the American Autowire on my 70 and LOVE it!!! Good Crimpers are key, but love it..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

b5blue

Very nice. Are you adding wiper delay? Any changes like converting to volt gauge or extra capacity alternator?

keepat

Quote from: Derwud on January 02, 2019, 10:16:16 AM
Doing the American Autowire on my 70 and LOVE it!!! Good Crimpers are key, but love it..

American Autowire makes a great harness, this is the 2nd car I have used their classic upgrade series. 1st car was my Son's 68 Bullitt mustang. I like how all the connectors are factory type crimps with the right tool!

keepat

Quote from: b5blue on January 02, 2019, 11:15:30 AM
Very nice. Are you adding wiper delay? Any changes like converting to volt gauge or extra capacity alternator?

I did convert the amp gauge to volts, but no wiper delay as I'm sure the only rain I'll get caught in is a monsoon ;-)
Thanks
Pat

Derwud

Quote from: keepat on January 02, 2019, 01:52:23 PM
Quote from: Derwud on January 02, 2019, 10:16:16 AM

American Autowire makes a great harness, this is the 2nd car I have used their classic upgrade series. 1st car was my Son's 68 Bullitt mustang. I like how all the connectors are factory type crimps with the right tool!

I knew I should have ordered that for my Brothers 67 Mustang Fastback.. Ordered a stock replacement from some guy in New York..

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mopar4don

Pat, Awesome job as usual!   :yesnod:
So the classic update series does the entire car?

Derwud

Quote from: mopar4don on January 03, 2019, 12:17:21 PM

Yes. it is very complete..

keepat

Quote from: Derwud on January 03, 2019, 12:36:10 PM

What Derwin said, but you should buy their crimp tools.
Thanks!
Pat

Derwud

Quote from: keepat on January 03, 2019, 05:24:45 PM
Quote from: Derwud on January 03, 2019, 12:36:10 PM

What Derwin said, but you should buy their crimp tools.
Thanks!
Pat

Yes..... x2 to getting a good set of crimpers..

TexasStroker

I had assumed the AAW box would hit the hinge and had thus planned to build a hinged, drop down bracket under the dash.

Might have to steal your setup instead...looks great!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

alfaitalia

Fantastic work as always Keepat.....how do you fancy popping across to England to help me with mine!!! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Fonzy

Always a pleasure checking your thread. Love the time and care you put into this project  :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on January 14, 2019, 03:19:31 AM
I had assumed the AAW box would hit the hinge and had thus planned to build a hinged, drop down bracket under the dash.

Might have to steal your setup instead...looks great!

The plastic glove box helps make it work much better than the factory cardboard glove box.
Thanks

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 14, 2019, 08:37:19 AM
Fantastic work as always Keepat.....how do you fancy popping across to England to help me with mine!!! LOL!

I'm sure if you're covering the first class airfare we could work something out ;-)
Thanks!

Quote from: Fonzy on January 15, 2019, 11:51:14 AM
Always a pleasure checking your thread. Love the time and care you put into this project  :2thumbs:

Thank you!
Pat

MxRacer855

XH29N0G

I keep reading and enjoying this thread even if I don't send thanks regularly - you should know I deeply appreciate it and really like the combination of quality work with clever engineering and fabricating solutions. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....