News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I know I have made the point that I really enjoy this thread and thank you for it, but I also haven't done so in a while and want to say it again.   :cheers: 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

keepat

Quote from: XH29N0G on July 22, 2019, 04:28:55 AM
I know I have made the point that I really enjoy this thread and thank you for it, but I also haven't done so in a while and want to say it again.   :cheers: 

Thank you sir, I appreciate you following
Pat

keepat

New vinyl top with straight seams is gluing on nicely. Just need to glue down both A pillars and trimmer up.
Thanks
Pat

where is the nearest chase bank

image upload

green69rt

Looks perfect, have any problems in the upper corners of the windshield?   It takes some care but it can look perfect.  Trim next?

CRW-FK5

keepat

Quote from: green69rt on August 19, 2019, 08:16:11 AM
Looks perfect, have any problems in the upper corners of the windshield?   It takes some care but it can look perfect.  Trim next?

No problem work in the upper corners, just glue the bottom of both A pillars inboard about 1/4" that will give the upper inside corner room to fold in.
Thank you!

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on August 19, 2019, 10:11:15 AM
Nice job.  Looks great.

Thanks!
Pat

keepat

Prepping for the headliner install this weekend
Pat

fun things in fallout 3

JB400

You might want to black out your insulation, or your headliner will look like a starry sky.

keepat

I used Matt black vinyl to cover the silver insulation (recommended by others) then started to install the new headliner. This is the fourth car I install the headliner on, and it seems to be getting a little easier ;-)

make image url online

Lennard

Great job Pat, looks flawless.  :thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: Lennard on September 22, 2019, 01:44:57 PM
Great job Pat, looks flawless.  :thumbs:

Thank you sir, I'm very happy with it!

green69rt

Use glue anywhere?   That was my biggest problem because the glue would squeeze thru the holes, in the fabric, and make a mess, sometimes.  And that sail panel looks perfect!

That's a lot of cloths pins!! :lol:

keepat

Quote from: green69rt on September 22, 2019, 06:25:25 PM
Use glue anywhere?   That was my biggest problem because the glue would squeeze thru the holes, in the fabric, and make a mess, sometimes.  And that sail panel looks perfect!

That's a lot of cloths pins!! :lol:

I use glue across the top of the side window openings but only on the outside. Also cross the bottom of the sail panel just about a half an inch up from the package tray.
Thanks
Pat

ht4spd307

Great job i hope they have changed their techniques on how they put their vinyl tops together  normally the seams should be dielectric welded so no water seeps in between the join or is it stitched and then welded ?

TexasStroker

Looks great!

Not sure how many on this forum would dabble much with late models, but a fairly recent trend has been running fiber optics thru a headliner to achieve a star field effect, lol.  Sounds really cheesy, actually looks cool imo, but it has to work with the car.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

ht4spd307

Normally performed on a hard board headlining not on a bow type but i,m sure there is a way.They look best on a light color head lining as you don't see the wires when its switched off

keepat

Tail panel is now matte black and stated installing the fuel, brake, AC, and hydro-boost lines.
Thanks

Lennard

68chargeruk

Hi Pat, over in the UK (I have pm'd you but it doesn't show I have? ) I'm trying to see the pre painted sections of the 1st pic on your thread below to see how the rear qtr, small rear valance qtr and the rear valance all marry together. do you have those? tried going back in your thread but it just shows blurry P Bucket pics for me.

I've attached what we've got at the moment (rear qtr valance pieces not here yet) Do we bend a tab in the little piece of the rear full quarter?

Hope so

Thanks

Glenn

Quote from: keepat on November 14, 2019, 09:05:06 PM
Tail panel is now matte black and stated installing the fuel, brake, AC, and hydro-boost lines.
Thanks

keepat

Install the brake and clutch master cylinder and pedal assembly today.
Thanks
Pat

mopar4don

Pat that looks AMAZING, :o  the amount of thought and detail you put into this is really paying off!

keepat

Quote from: mopar4don on November 19, 2019, 07:52:52 AM
Pat that looks AMAZING, :o  the amount of thought and detail you put into this is really paying off!

That's what I've been telling my wife for 5 years ;-)
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Installed the quarter extensions and the shaved & shortened rear bumper.
Thanks
Pat

host pictures

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mopar4don

Quote from: keepat on November 20, 2019, 08:26:53 PM
Installed the quarter extensions and the shaved & shortened rear bumper.
Thanks
Pat

Did the quarter extensions fit or did you have to slice the quarters?

I would be interested in seeing how modified your bumper  :yesnod: