News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on January 20, 2020, 11:14:23 AM

Ok, too many questions?! :rotz:
What is the other switch on the side for?

Why the cover over the Battery Disconnect?

Amazing thought you put into this stuff!

Mike,

The breaker going through the side at the top right of the last picture is to protect the wire running back to the alternator.

The battery disconnect is remote operated from another switch that I have yet to install somewhere outside the car. The disconnect can also can be controlled manually by the yellow switch after removing the cover.

I'm drawing a schematic for the inside of the lid and can post a picture if anybody's interested?
Thanks
Pat

mike69440

Pat.
If this can be a universal item, you should consider selling it.
I know some contract manufactures who would do this stuff.
You just need to do some nice instructions, documentation, and a YouTube video and I bet it would sell well.

Mike

mopar4don

[/quote]

Mike,

The breaker going through the side at the top right of the last picture is to protect the wire running back to the alternator.

The battery disconnect is remote operated from another switch that I have yet to install somewhere outside the car. The disconnect can also can be controlled manually by the yellow switch after removing the cover.

I'm drawing a schematic for the inside of the lid and can post a picture if anybody's interested?
Thanks
Pat
[/quote]

I am always interested! Please post

keepat

Hope you can read my chicken scratch ;-)
Thanks
Pat

timmycharger

Why does this come to mind?  :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:

Over the top craftsmanship as usual Pat!

keepat

Quote from: timmycharger on January 22, 2020, 11:18:55 AM
Why does this come to mind?  :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:

Over the top craftsmanship as usual Pat!

Funny, I thought about writing "Flux Capacitor" on the schematic, wrong movie ;-)
Thanks
Pat

orange383

You are one very talented craftsman Pat and very generous with your knowledge which is very much appreciated by myself and no doubt many others.

:cheers:

keepat

Quote from: orange383 on January 23, 2020, 08:14:01 AM
You are one very talented craftsman Pat and very generous with your knowledge which is very much appreciated by myself and no doubt many others.

:cheers:

I'm not sure any of your words are accurate and I definitely fall short on many, but I do aspire to your comment!
Thank You for your very kind words!
Pat   

mike69440

I happened to scroll through your Photobucket.  You are a true Gar guy!

Great to see you have your Young-uns involved.  They will learn a lot about life from that.

INTMD8

Trunk box is awesome  :cheers:

Is there a different/original application for it? Looks like an extrusion.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat

Quote from: INTMD8 on January 24, 2020, 08:29:54 PM
Trunk box is awesome  :cheers:

Is there a different/original application for it? Looks like an extrusion.

Just a plastic junction box I found on Amazon
Thanks
Pat
https://www.amazon.com/LeMotech-Waterproof-Dustproof-Universal-Enclosure/dp/B075X51N77

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on January 23, 2020, 11:03:50 AM
I happened to scroll through your Photobucket.  You are a true Gar guy!

Great to see you have your Young-uns involved.  They will learn a lot about life from that.

The bullitt mustang project with my younger son was a lot of fun and a car that he still owns today and will never sell! I hope one day to be able to do a car project with my oldest son but we have yet to work out the time or the details, he's is into jeeps.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Trunk mounted battery and breaker box installed. I still have a lot of wiring to do but making progress.

b5blue

Are you including any type of impact detection safety switch for the fuel injection like factory cars have? I see many old cars getting injection now and wonder if that is considered?  :scratchchin:   

mike69440

Pat,

I hope you will be covering the battery with a vented cover plus get an additional insulated cover over the + Battery Lead.  

keepat

Quote from: b5blue on January 25, 2020, 03:50:53 PM
  Are you including any type of impact detection safety switch for the fuel injection like factory cars have? I see many old cars getting injection now and wonder if that is considered?  :scratchchin:   

I had not planned on it but it sounds like a very good idea.
Thanks!

Quote from: mike69440 on January 25, 2020, 04:43:34 PM
Pat,

I hope you will be covering the battery with a vented cover plus get an additional insulated cover over the + Battery Lead.   

No on the battery cover and yes there will be boots on all exposed positive terminals.
Thanks
Pat

70 sublime

Are you going to carry a spare tire ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

keepat

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 25, 2020, 06:41:55 PM
Are you going to carry a spare tire ?

No spare, just a DC compressor and plug kit.
Pat

birdsandbees

It's a sealed battery.. what's a cover going to do?  :shruggy:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

mike69440

Are the Optima batteries completely sealed or do they still have a tiny gas vent, maybe with a check valve?

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks perfect! Love seeing wiring all nicely wrapped and routed properly.  :2thumbs:

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Finn

How do you get the steel lines bent so clean and precise? Can I buy a special tool that helps or just keep practicing lol. Thank you for taking the time to post all these pictures, I love checking in on this thread!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

keepat

Made some progress with most of the wiring under the dash and installing the dash along with all the AC ductwork. And put some fuel in the tank so I wouldn't accidentally run the in tank fuel pump dry. Hope to have it running in 3 or 4 weeks.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Quote from: Finn on February 09, 2020, 01:20:24 AM
How do you get the steel lines bent so clean and precise? Can I buy a special tool that helps or just keep practicing lol. Thank you for taking the time to post all these pictures, I love checking in on this thread!

I use tubing benders by Parker. Similar to bending exhaust once you figure out where the bend should start and end along with the angle it should be on becomes pretty easy. I thought I did a little right up on bending the tubing?? I'll see if I can dig it up.
Thank you!
Pat

JB400

Even has the Bullitt keychain to go with it :coolgleamA:  Nice work :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: