News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: JB400 on February 09, 2020, 08:37:34 PM
Even has the Bullitt keychain to go with it :coolgleamA:  Nice work :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Good eye!
Present from my youngest son.
Thank you!
Pat

TexasStroker

Looks great!  There is a running joke with people quoting 3-4 weeks from other shops and often having to wait closer to 6 months...that said, I will err on your side in this case!  Going to be strange having you posting pictures of the car out and about, driving, and at shows instead of the "in process" updates.  Can't wait to see y'all getting to enjoy it!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on February 11, 2020, 06:23:18 PM
Looks great!  There is a running joke with people quoting 3-4 weeks from other shops and often having to wait closer to 6 months...that said, I will err on your side in this case!  Going to be strange having you posting pictures of the car out and about, driving, and at shows instead of the "in process" updates.  Can't wait to see y'all getting to enjoy it!

My track record on predictions is a lot like that running joke :-(
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Finished up the tail light wiring, subwoofer & speakers, and started on the power window wiring.
Found a nice set of JL 5 x 7 speakers. They fit the factory speaker holes in the package tray without cutting.
With all four windows using a special switch that utilizes the original crank handle I decided to put the separate 4 window controller switch assembly under the dash so the car will look as though it has manual windows (like the movie car;-)

keepat

Started installing rear wheel well trim rings, And mounted one rear wheel as it's been a few years since I've seen it on the car.
Thanks
Pat

chargerperson

alfaitalia

Surprised you are going with Italian tyres on your American Classic muscle car....thought you may have gone for something more locally manufactured. I often run Pirellis on my Alfas.....but that's the obvious choice on a Italian car Good tyres either way and the wheels look great!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Q5XX29

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 10, 2020, 11:53:35 AM
Surprised you are going with Italian tyres on your American Classic muscle car....thought you may have gone for something more locally manufactured. I often run Pirellis on my Alfas.....but that's the obvious choice on a Italian car Good tyres either way and the wheels look great!!

You would probably not approve of the Michelins that I have on my Miura, then..   ;)

Pat- Incredible. Just incredible.
dakota_gt on Instagram

keepat

Quote from: chargerperson on March 08, 2020, 11:11:49 AM
Looks great

Thank you sir!

I'm half Italian ;-)

Quote from: Q5XX29 on March 10, 2020, 11:58:30 AM

You would probably not approve of the Michelins that I have on my Miura, then..   ;)

Pat- Incredible. Just incredible.

Thank you!
Pat

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

keepat

I hung the right side door over the weekend. Drilling all the hinges both in the door and on the car with an 1/8" drill bit, (when the car was in primer before disassembling) then used them as an alignment tool made the installation very easy. I also used an 8 pound weight wrapped in a towel inside the door to simulate the weight of the glass and vent.
Thanks
Pat

mike69440

Wow, just wow!
You would need to put the car on a co-ordinate measuring machine to find a any flaws.
That first little scratch is going to hurt!

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn I love this build! Great work Pat. It's almost there!!!

Those back wheels really make me want to tub mine. I love the super wide look.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on March 16, 2020, 09:52:36 PM
Wow, just wow!
You would need to put the car on a co-ordinate measuring machine to find a any flaws.
That first little scratch is going to hurt!

Far from perfect, if it was I wouldn't have a reason to build the next car ;-)
Thank you!

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 17, 2020, 12:01:31 AM

As the big parts get bolted back on it start to feel like it's almost there.
Thank you!
Pat

Back N Black

mopar4don

Pat, I am amazed EVERY TIME you post an update  :bow:, and like White and Red says, those wheels make me want them on my car!

keepat

Quote from: Back N Black on March 17, 2020, 02:16:06 PM
Great work as usual.

Thanks!!

Quote from: mopar4don on March 17, 2020, 02:23:35 PM

Pat, I am amazed EVERY TIME you post an update  :bow:, and like White and Red says, those wheels make me want them on my car!

Compared to midsize GM cars of the same vintage, B body Mopar's are the easiest car to mini tub as the frame rails are already inboard 3" on each side. And it's a job one could do on a finished car. Time to get cutting ;-)
Thank you!
Pat

TexasStroker

Gaps look perfect and the wheels look great!  Nice job hiding the amp as well!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on March 23, 2020, 02:17:20 AM
Gaps look perfect and the wheels look great!  Nice job hiding the amp as well!

Than you sir! That is actually the subwoofer;-)
Pat

keepat

Installing some of the door hardware is a tedious process with new paint, but so far is going well! The new power window regulators are nice but I spend a lot of time laying out the electric crank switches. The power crank switches do not come with a Mopar adapter so I needed to cannibalize a crank handle shaft from an old rusted regulator and welded it to part of the new crank shaft. The crank switches work the power windows by moving the handle up or down about 15° to contact microswitches. A cool set up if you want power windows but the look of manual window cranks. All of my original window regulators are in excellent condition so I'll need to find some rusted regulators to salvage the small crankshaft for the other three windows. PM me if you have some broken, rusted or bad window regulator's
Thanks
Pat

Mytur Binsdirti

INTMD8

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

b5blue

Something to check for is A: Backside of window crank knob is smooth with no sharp edges and B: Clearance away from finished Door card/panel and any trim. After overhauling my doors upon first crank of window my handle hacked the clear covering on my door card's silver trim. Out of 4 handles I picked the worst on the first completed assembly to find not all crank handles are the same. (At least yours only sweep 30 degrees.)

keepat

Thank you! and b5blue thanks for the note on the back side of the crank knob!
Pat

VegasCharger

Quote from: keepat on March 25, 2020, 09:39:08 AM.....The power crank switches do not come with a Mopar adapter so I needed to cannibalize a crank handle shaft from an old rusted regulator and welded it to part of the new crank shaft.....All of my original window regulators are in excellent condition so I'll need to find some rusted regulators to salvage the small crankshaft for the other three windows. PM me if you have some broken, rusted or bad window regulator's

Nice work Pat.  :2thumbs:

So you're saying that you need 3 more window crank shafts to attach or replace these shafts from your pic? (attached below). I'm pretty positive that I have some beater 1973 B Body regs laying around. I would be more than gladly to get these to you as these regs are sitting around doing nothing. At my swap shows they hardly even get looked at. I know that 1966-74 Mopar has the same shafts.

But I can't get to them for at least the next 2 days and I'm not sure if I have 3 of them.

:cheers: