News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on January 16, 2021, 10:06:21 AM
Where is the silver charger now?
Would you describe the car?

Thanks

The car has been sold a few times since I built it in 2006. It is now in central PA. Here is a link to an article written about the car in 2012.
Thanks
Pat

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopp-1208-1968-dodge-charger-21st-century-muscle/

1968 Dodge Charger - 21st-Century Muscle

MoparMike68

Pat, That car was nice and congratulations on it being featured in hot rod but what you accomplished
with the bullitt build is Great! It seems like you went all out with attention to detail like no other.
Sometimes it's nice to have a second chance at improving some of those details that weren't addressed the first time around.
Unless the next one can travel in time keep the Bullitt.  :lol:

keepat

Quote from: MoparMike68 on January 17, 2021, 10:22:17 PM
Pat, That car was nice and congratulations on it being featured in hot rod but what you accomplished
with the bullitt build is Great! It seems like you went all out with attention to detail like no other.
Sometimes it's nice to have a second chance at improving some of those details that weren't addressed the first time around.
Unless the next one can travel in time keep the Bullitt.  :lol:

Mike, Funny thing is, if I had kept the silver charger I would've never taken on another charger project. My plan was to build a 66 GTO similar to the way I built the Black Charger. But when my younger son said he wanted to build a Bullitt mustang I figured I might as will build a Bullitt charger to go along with it;-)
That's said, I have no plans to sell the black charger! One day I'll get to that 66 GTO and relive my high school car;-)
Thank you!
Pat

PS. don't kill me for posting my high school car picture;-)

keepat

Received a set of 3" TTI exhaust this week. Looking forward to installing the system and adding electric cut outs. After it is modified to fit I will send it out to be ceramic coated to match the headers.
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

Hopefully the exhaust is an easy mod.  Where do you plan to mount the switch for the cutouts?

I'm not sure I have ever seen a car with no fenders and half a car cover ever look so good, lol.  The side profile is almost like staring into a mirror :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on January 22, 2021, 03:23:54 PM
Hopefully the exhaust is an easy mod.  Where do you plan to mount the switch for the cutouts?

I'm not sure I have ever seen a car with no fenders and half a car cover ever look so good, lol.  The side profile is almost like staring into a mirror :2thumbs:

I install the power window switches under the dash and as I have crank window switches installed I don't need the driver side switch so I plan on using that for the exhaust cut outs.
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Lennard

Awesome Pat! Congratulations! :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: Lennard on January 24, 2021, 10:00:03 PM

Thanks Lennard! Feels good to be a few steps closer.
Pat

Lennard

Quote from: keepat on January 24, 2021, 10:11:49 PM
Quote from: Lennard on January 24, 2021, 10:00:03 PM

Thanks Lennard! Feels good to be a few steps closer.
Pat
I know that feeling! You'll be driving down the road in a couple months.  :drive:

6T8440

OUTSTANDING SIR!!!!!  Sweet Music To Your Ears I Am Sure.

Carry On.

:cheers:
Driving through the towns and neighbourhoods that are us.

TexasStroker

Switch panel mounted nicely and concealed well.  Followed along on Instagram as well  :2thumbs:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

keepat

Install the windshield last night. The AMD glass fit great along with the year one gasket. Caulked the metal and glass track with Butyl rubber sealant. Will do an ultra sonic sound leak test before installing the stainless trim.
Thanks
Pat

Ryan

when are you putting the front clip on ?
are you doing hemi door badges ?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

keepat

Quote from: Ryan on January 30, 2021, 09:14:48 PM
when are you putting the front clip on ?
are you doing hemi door badges ?

I was holding off on the front clip until the windshield was installed so you should see the fenders go on in the next few weeks. And there will be no hemi badge as the bullitt charger did not have one.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Windshield trim install with no problems other than sore palms;-)
Pat

keepat

Good day to be stuck in the shop with a snow storm. Started to make the custom X pipe to fit between the trans crossmember and driveshaft loop.
Pat

orange383

Good job on the windshield and trim Pat.
On my first Charger I fitted the screen and trim after a repaint and the trim didn't fit very well.

I was wondering, what are the benefits of the X-pipe over a separate pipe running down either side?

Cheers,

Matt.

keepat

Quote from: orange383 on February 01, 2021, 08:22:14 AM
On my first Charger I fitted the screen and trim after a repaint and the trim didn't fit very well.

I was wondering, what are the benefits of the X-pipe over a separate pipe running down either side?

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt, Sharing the exhaust with the X pipe = better flow, Better flow = more HP;-)
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

Just noticed the blast cabinet over in the corner...how do you like the Skat Blast?  I'm toying around with getting one at the house.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

orange383

Quote from: keepat on February 01, 2021, 04:45:41 PM
Quote from: orange383 on February 01, 2021, 08:22:14 AM

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt, Sharing the exhaust with the X pipe = better flow, Better flow = more HP;-)
Thanks
Pat

Thanks Pat. I never realised that!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on February 02, 2021, 01:15:04 AM
Just noticed the blast cabinet over in the corner...how do you like the Skat Blast?  I'm toying around with getting one at the house.

Love it! Be sure to get their vacuum system!
Thanks
Pat

TexasStroker

Quote from: keepat on February 02, 2021, 08:30:26 AM

Thanks
Pat

Glad to hear and will do!  I always like having first hand feedback when possible  :2thumbs:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

keepat

Quote from: TexasStroker on February 04, 2021, 03:50:05 PM
Quote from: keepat on February 02, 2021, 08:30:26 AM

Thanks
Pat

Glad to hear and will do!  I always like having first hand feedback when possible  :2thumbs:

Believe it or not l just received another Skat Blast cabinet. I set it up today at our Florida marina.
Very nice USA made cabinet!!
Pat

keepat

Slowly cutting, sanding and fitting the exhaust puzzle piece by piece;-)
Pat