News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Bumper 69 Charger.

Started by keith88, May 29, 2014, 09:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Soon i will be in the market for a new front bumper for my Charger. Any suggestion on where is a good place to go with out having to sell my 1st born? :scratchchin:

The rear is good don't need one there.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

RKCHARGER

If you live Minnesota there is a huge swap meet at Mopars in the Park this weekend.  :2thumbs: I have no doubt you could find one there.

keith88

Thanks for the info but i live in CT.  :shruggy:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Ghoste

You can get reproduction ones, maybe try a place like Dantes?

Patronus

The repros are thin. I bought some blems from AMD at $200 for both. Not overly bad - but not super nice. It got me rolling..
I'd prefer to have my originals straightened and pinned. (weld in the bolts and cut the heads off) If you only need one, thats what I would do. Probably cost ya $300 either way
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

keith88

So far the cheapest is from summit racing at $332

keith88

Thanks for the link, summit racing sells there brand but its $332 and no shipping charge. Nice to know it a good quality.

Ryan

FYI AMD front bumper is very wavy and thin. The fit was fine from what I remember but terrible finish.  I would buy a re-chromed original
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

jaak

Quote from: Ryan on June 01, 2014, 01:38:27 PM
FYI AMD front bumper is very wavy and thin. The fit was fine from what I remember but terrible finish.  I would buy a re-chromed original

I agree. The AMD bumpers are better than bent crusty originals (I have a set of AMD repops), but no where near as nice as rechromed originals. They are wavy. Even though you just need the front one, on the Rear AMD there is a flaw I have seen on everyone of them, I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned it, I can look at a pic of the rear of any 68-70 charger and I can tell if it has an AMD bumper or not, just by the photo.

Jason