News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants rear window louvers?...71 Charger style or maybe 71 Plymouths?...

Started by DAY CLONA, July 18, 2014, 02:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Not sure if I post this here or the "sale" section seeing it's more like a New product offering than just a single part sale?

I recently ventured into tooling up for the 3rd Gen 1971 Charger and 1971 Plymouth factory style rear window louvers that were a one year option on these cars, the louvers are made like the originals in fiberglass, I have a few sets in stock, individual pcs are available, I'm introducing them for $850 a set either Dodge or Plymouth, individual pcs are available should you need to replace missing or damaged originals, or if your project is on a budget, and you wish to procure a piece one at a time, or multiple pcs to eventually procure a full set

While I hate to send you over to Moparts.com, that's where I have a more extensive write up and pics (this site is hard to post pics, or pics of any size) plus I plan on adding a pictorial/text on actual installation to a vehicle, seeing that some guys aren't familiar with the "hidden" install of these louvers on a vehicle, the Ad/pics is in the Moparts Hot new products section under the heading "They're here 1971 B body rear window louvers"

Contact me here on DC.com via PM for more info/pricing/etc

Thanks
Mike

first pic is the 71 Plymouth, the 2nd pic is Dodge Charger on the top, Plymouth on the bottom for comparison

DAY CLONA

These louvers will also fit the 72-4 3rd Gen Chargers and Plymouth's, as the roof  skin and rear pillar line, as well as the rear window are all the same from 71-4 between the respective models

FYI these louvers were tooled off originals, it was a year long project that involved shipping original louvers back and forth from Canada, and Texas, along with vehicle trial fits before finalizing the molds/tooling and assorted louver hardware

Mike

Baldwinvette77

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on July 18, 2014, 05:30:07 PM
Did they make these for 2nd gens?  :shruggy:

No, but aluminum aftermarket louvers for the 2nd gens were on the market in the late 70's, early 80's, they were rather awkward looking as they were short in height because of the needed clearance to open the trunk lid

Mike

Baldwinvette77

Weird  :scratchchin: , could be useful for a halfassed daytona clone though  :lol:

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

DAY CLONA

Quote from: polywideblock on July 18, 2014, 06:50:54 PM
 do they come with mounting hardware   ?  

Yes all the hardware as original is included to mount them, I left nothing out in their construction, even the spring loaded hidden pin in the passenger side is repro'd as original so you can remove the center section for window cleaning/etc

Mike

This is the hidden pin assy located on the backside of the passenger lower leg that locks in the center section, when installed you  can't see it from the outside

DAY CLONA

I'll post a pic, as a request from a member regarding the louvers fitted to a vinyl top car, it's rare enough to see a Charger wearing louvers to begin with, esp on a vinyl top car, but evidently they do fit, IMHO on this car I would have painted the center section white...now never say never, esp with Mopar :icon_smile_big: but keep in mind these things could be dealer installed back in the day, so the possibility exists that perhaps these are original to this car? :shruggy:

Mike

DAY CLONA

OK guys, for those of you who asked for install pics, I added a 24 pic install pictorial on the Moparts  Hot new deals/products page where my louvers are listed...I just have too many problems posting pics on DC.com, I'm a puter dummy so I don't know how to do a link...maybe one of you guys could perform that? if so TIA

Mike

jaak

:eek2: Those belong with side pipes, hi-jackers, cragers, and all those other 80's fads..... in the dumpster!

Jason