News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are my Ted Janak Daytona parts still worth what I paid for them?

Started by troy.70R/T, August 17, 2014, 09:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I have been thinking about possibly selling mt Ted Janak reproduction Daytona parts. Are they worth what I paid for them years ago? I know the nose cone is fiberglass but the wing is I believe a resin type construction. I cant remember I bought these parts about about 18 years ago. I have the nose cone, wing, latch tray covers that go on top of the fender and the z brackets. I dont have the valance cause I was always going to make one out of steel. I even thought about selling the Charger I was going to use for the project as a package deal. but what do you guys think those parts are worth? Thanks

Daytona R/T SE

I sold off the parts that I had from Ted that I didn't use.

I had used them as patterns to make my own parts in steel.

I lost money on all of them.

A lot of money.

But, it was worth it to me as they made great three dimensional patterns for me to work from.

The parts I sold went on to be patterns for other builder's parts.

I'm sure they've probably been sold a few more times by now.

In the mean time, other venders have stepped up and made parts in steel that are far superior to the old fiberglass stuff.

Might be a tough sell.  :Twocents:

On the other hand,

Ted's parts were much cheaper 18 years ago... :scratchchin:

You might come out OK. ;)

troy.70R/T

Daytona R/T SE

Aero426

I think the nose shell and wing pieces you would do OK on.   

Crabtree charger

If you want to sell the parts I would like to buy them! Please let me know.

troy.70R/T

I will let you know Crabtree. I am trying to decide if I should try to sell them with the Charger project I was going to use them on. It will not even be posting the chargers for sale for awhile but I wanted to be able to give the buyer of the Chargers the option to buy them first.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.