News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green69rt's paint work

Started by green69rt, August 18, 2014, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

THIS IS SO FRIGGIN AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am more exited to see your Charger getting paint than I was when I painted mine.                                         
                                                            :coolgleamA:                                            :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

green69rt

Quote from: cdr on February 23, 2017, 09:42:06 PM
THIS IS SO FRIGGIN AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am more exited to see your Charger getting paint than I was when I painted mine.                                         

Guy said he would move the parts out tomorrow and roll the body in.  Still working on the hood and quarter panel extensions and the side marker holders.  If the body gets painted in the next few working days the painter said they would start putting it back together and ship it home in a week or two!   I will be so happy to see it back in the garage.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Dino

That looks awesome! Congrats man, I know you've been dying to get to this stage.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

EMCustoms

mopar4don

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: cdr on February 23, 2017, 09:42:06 PM

Same
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

green69rt

So, the body is now in the paint booth.   I was over there today and the painter showed me a little hiccup.  Seems like there was something on the car that bled thru the sealer.  If he hadn't showed it to me I wouldn't have noticed.  He was the one that cleaned it so he is pretty sure that it was nothing he left behind.  It's a funny blemish, a line from the front of the quarter that goes about half way back.  We speculated that when the car was being carried to the shop something that was thrown off another car (oil, gas, windshield fluid, who knows??) hit the car and ran back.  It really looked like something liquid ran back on the top surface.  It didn't show up till the sealer was sprayed.  Anyway, the painter is going to sand that part down and reseal and take another look.  If that doesn't work it will have to be taken down to bare metal again  (oh my wallet!!)  If the sanding works he will spray color tomorrow.   Then, later, spray the hood, quarter extensions and the side marker pieces.  

Picture below.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

green69rt

Quote from: cdr on March 01, 2017, 06:55:42 PM
Thanks for the update!!  

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Hey Charlie, you're getting real creative with the moving popcorn! 

timmycharger

The lines look really good!  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

charge69

A big CONGRATS on getting some paint on your Charger !  It is going to be awesome to see it in its' full-paint-glory.  This has been a long time coming and you are going to be so proud and motivated to get the rest of the car finished!
It wont be long now!

green69rt

Got some pictures from the paint shop yesterday.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Man that looks awesome!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

timmycharger

:cheers:  congratulations man, looks awesome!

Charger-Bodie

This is really making me miss my f8 car even more! Love the f5 too . Congrats . The fun part is about to start!

mopar4don

THAT LOOKS REALLY GREAT!
man I can't wait to get mine in paint

keepat

WOW looks great! Congrats!
Pat

ht4spd307

LOOKS FANTASTIC CONGRATULATIONS  :cheers: well deserved but  more pictures more pictures :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

green69rt

Look what happened!

1.  Arrival
2. Unloading
3,4. In the garage  :icon_smile_big:

timmycharger

green69rt

This is not the end of the paint story.  The car still needs color sanding and buffing.   The painter said that he could keep the car thru the shops relocation or send it home to me.  He recommended that it come home for a while and let the paint cure really well.  It wouldn't be in any danger of being banged up during the moving process.   That worked for me because I was worried that I could scratch or ding the car while I was putting it together. This way he would have a chance to fix any damage I might do.  Also it gives me a chance to do some assembly on it. He said that they would pick it up later and return it to the new shop for the "cut and buff" (that right term?)   It does have some small bits of trash sitting on the paint and some orange peel that should come right out.   Since they transport for free I went along.  

Right now it sits with 3 coats of color and 3 of clear.

green69rt

Oh, and they didn't do a very good job of putting it back together because the gaps are all messed up so I get to go thru that again, yeah!