News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reward for my VIN, fender tag, and title

Started by typars, September 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: familymopar on September 18, 2014, 10:53:13 PM

I don't believe there are any ulterior motives here, and I don't think there is any reason to doubt him.  There is nothing funny going on here.  

The "funny" stuff happened 10 years ago!

familymopar

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 18, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
The "funny" stuff happened 10 years ago!

No kidding.  And Typars is doing pretty much what I think most of us would be doing in his position - trying to find those tags!

And just to be clear about my last post, I used a quote from moparnation74 because it fit with what I wanted to say.  But I think it likely that moparnation74 was saying that in reference to others on this thread who have wondered if Typars was who he said he was, doing what he said he was doing.  I do not think moparnation74 himself was questioning Typars or his truthfulness.  It may have been ill advised to use his quote out of context to get  my point across.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

68X426

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on September 18, 2014, 09:42:17 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on September 18, 2014, 09:33:55 PM
The info removed by Y1 basically stated there was the infamous eBay auction for the Vin and title ended in Dec, 2003 without meeting reserve.
It was relisted sold in June 2004 for $11,000.  The eBay seller was located in South Carolina.
The $11000.00 was reserve met with two days left in the auction, I don't know the end dollar amount.

Was the sale for the VIN and title ONLY , -- or --

was the sale for the CAR , VIN, and title as a package?

:popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

typars

I'm on it.   Or at least I will be Monday when I get home.

1974dodgecharger

typars

Y1CHARGER

The Ebay auction was a listing for the CAR, Title, Fendertag(off the car), And Dash Tag(off the car).  I'm positive I read this info earlier in the thread from another member.  I don't understand why some members keep changing the info around to make it sound as though it was just the docs. were sold without the car, that is not what happened in 2004?? :shruggy:

TUFCAT

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on September 19, 2014, 06:40:42 AM
The Ebay auction was a listing for the CAR, Title, Fendertag(off the car), And Dash Tag(off the car).  I'm positive I read this info earlier in the thread from another member.  I don't understand why some members keep changing the info around to make it sound as though it was just the docs. were sold without the car, that is not what happened in 2004?? :shruggy:

Good info once again.  :2thumbs:

moparnation74

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on September 19, 2014, 06:40:42 AM
High probability this car was rebodied based on that statement above. 

Challenger340

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 19, 2014, 05:59:43 AM
I hope the info i gave u helped out.....

Is there a "Re-Body" out there somewhere ?

Yes or No.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

I'm thinking yes.  I first thought yes, and then it seemd like no but now the evidence is leading me back to yes. :lol: :shruggy:

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2014, 08:49:59 AM
I'm thinking yes.  I first thought yes, and then it seemd like no but now the evidence is leading me back to yes. :lol: :shruggy:

:iagree:  my thoughts exactly.

Challenger340

I'm thinking yes.  I first thought yes, and then it seemd like no but now the evidence is leading me back to yes. :lol: :shruggy:

Me three.... I just can't see what other type of "info" 1974dodgecharger may have had that would be relevant ?

After like 14 or 15 pages my Jerry Springer side wants to know ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

familymopar

Quote from: Challenger340 on September 20, 2014, 10:19:24 AM
I just can't see what other type of "info" 1974dodgecharger may have had that would be relevant ?

I think 1974dodgecharger may be yanking our chains

Quote from: Challenger340 on September 20, 2014, 08:46:57 AM
Is there a "Re-Body" out there somewhere ?

Yes or No.

I think it is just as likely that the tags and title are sitting in the safe/desk/some safe place of the the guy who bought the car off ebay in 2004, who may or may not be the guy that the local St. Louis mopar family got the car from in 2008.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

familymopar

I'm not seeing it.  What is the evidence that there may be a re-body?  Short of the fact that the tags are not on the car, which has not changed....

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Ghoste

It seems like they were sold without the car.  :shruggy:

familymopar

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2014, 11:17:19 AM
It seems like they were sold without the car.  :shruggy:

I'm not sure how it seems like that.  6bblgt, moparpoolman, and now Y1 seem to be the only folks that saw the ebay ad.  All of them (well, I'm not reading all back through this at the moment, but at least the latter 2 and I think all 3) say the ad went up in 2003 for the car and tags, did not sell, and went up again, all together, in 2004, and did sell.  There is nothing on this thread to let us believe anymore that the ebay ad was for tags alone.  The ebay ad was for all of it. So it all went from SC to MO in 2004.  Then, just 4 short years later. Ty buys the car without the tags.

My bet is whoever bought all of it off ebay stuck the tags in a "safe" spot and they just didn't carry on with the car.

Find the guy who sold the car and tags on ebay from SC (which Ty now has that info) --> find the ebay buyer in MO --> find whoever is in the middle, if anyone --> then there is the St. Louis mopar family, friends of Ty and Scott --> then Ty. 

I think this will find the tags.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Indygenerallee

I personally think the only way your gonna find those tags are on another Charger somewhere, Even if you do get a hold of the guy that sold it and question him onif the car had it's tags he could say "oh yeah sure did" when in reality he sold them off.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparnation74

At the time this car would undergo a full resto, AMD was not around.  All we had was goodmark and that other group all that was available was valences, 1/4 skins, trunk pan's the split version, trunk extensions, rear corners, rockers etc.  That was mainly it.  That is why I lean to a rebody.  It was rebodied and we see what was left, then sold as a racecar.

AKcharger

Would be interesting if there was a rebody out there and the original...usually the original is crushed and ya' never have to worry about seeing it again  :popcrn:

ws23rt

Quote from: AKcharger on September 20, 2014, 07:00:25 PM
Would be interesting if there was a rebody out there and the original usually the original is crushed  :popcrn:

It would be interesting.--  :scratchchin:
Also interesting would be a reuniting of the tags,etc with the hulk.  Would that combo be any more valuable than a 440 rt that wasn't such a Frankenstein?
If I was a buyer and had all the facts I would pass on it's value as an original hemi car.

In my mind it is one of those that has passed on. :Twocents:

TUFCAT

I'm pretty certain whomever sold the Wildfire body didn't count on all of this "attention"  :leaving:

ws23rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 20, 2014, 07:52:43 PM
I'm pretty certain whomever sold the Wildfire body didn't count on all of this "attention"  :leaving:

I suspect that as well. ::) 

This topic brings to mind the quirky nature of collectors and what they find to be of value. :slap:

Patronus

I would be happy with the shell. Regardless of its documented pedigree the car obviously needs 1000hp.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

SovereignZuul

Maybe the guy that bought the tags (plus body) on auction, took one look at the body and said, "No way, just give me the tags and junk the body."

Then tag seller keeps the body and gets rid of it later through sale?

1970 Dodge Charger - 1969 Dodge Dart - 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - 1997 Dodge Neon (Sold for Charger Parts)