News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

15 x 8.5 vectors

Started by F8-4life, September 05, 2014, 10:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

Yesterday I scored a set of 15 x 8.5 general lee vector looking wheels.  Correct 4.5 pattern and $180 paid, so I am pretty excited about them.
The seller called them rocket hurricanes.
I did not find a manufacturer on the rims.
I read on here you cannot put 8.5's on the front?
Is there anything I can do about this?

ACUDANUT

Damn, why can't I find a deal like that. :brickwall:

c00nhunterjoe

8.5's with 245/60's on the front of mine.

F8-4life

Looking good!
Did you have any clearance issues?
People on the forums where saying an 8.5 would not clear the ball joint.

Mike DC

The NEW REPRO 8.5" wheels don't clear the balljoint. 

AR made the new 7" repros with the same offset as the originals, but their new 8.5" repros are an inch farther offset towards the inside (probably done so they wouldn't have to change the styling as dramatically.)

Brock Lee

I used 8.5's on the front for a couple years. Every once in a while I would hit a bump and get some rub of the tire on the inside of the fender. Otherwise, they were fine.

F8-4life

Thanks guys this is great news.
At first I was bummed that the set may not work.

ACUDANUT

You need to sell them to me.  :cheers:

SwiftJonny

I have 15 x 8.5 Vectors on the front of my car with 235/60/15 Radial T/As.  Now the trick is to find better tires...
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 Speed
Racing Green Metallic

TylerCharger69

They are made by American Racing.

jaak

Those are AR Vectors. Below is a pic of a Rocket 10 spoke (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Jason

F8-4life

American racing made them, cool. Thanks for the info on them.
I am starting to realize I got a hell of a deal on these rims.

miamivice

That's a great deat!   

I have thought about trying to find a full set up 15x8.5 to change the look of my ride a bit.   

Good luck with the rest of your project!

F8-4life

small update-
I went back to the same seller this weekend and bought a set of authentic rocket hurricane mag wheels, universale lug- 15x7 fronts and 15x8.5 rears.
They are similar to the vectors but have more spokes.
Anybody have insight on these? I think they are failry desirable wheels but I'm not sure.
I also need to strip and repaint both sets and was wondering what is the best way to go about it.
Would chemical paint remover be the best option?

xoman60

Do they look similar to mine?

MaximRecoil

Quote from: miamivice on November 25, 2014, 11:48:25 PM
That's a great deat!  

I have thought about trying to find a full set up 15x8.5 to change the look of my ride a bit.
That would be a shame in my opinion. I have a picture of your car from a couple of years ago saved on my hard drive:

I saved it because it is perhaps the most perfect looking General Lee replica I've ever seen (plus it is a good picture taken at a good angle), and part of what makes it so perfect is the 7" wide Vectors all around (which nearly all actual Warner Bros. General Lees had). Your blackwall tires are another nice touch (they appear to be BF Goodrich Radial T/As ... what size are they?). I've never understood why so many General Lee replica owners go with wider wheels and white letter tires, which partially defeats the purpose of making it look like the General Lee (unless you are going for the 2005 movie look).

Lennard

Looks great! ::)
I've been trying to find two old style 15x8,5 vectors for a long time now...they seem impossible to find. :scratchchin:

F8-4life

xoman60- yes they look similar to your set up (car looks great btw)

I am thinking of selling the rocket wheel set. I will post up pics in the next day or so.
They are damn cool wheels but I already have the vectors.

Lennard

Keep the Rocket wheels and sell the Vectors to me. ;D

F8-4life

F8-4life

Now for sale in the parts section.^

ACUDANUT

What are those, 15/16  spoke rims ?

F8-4life

Looks like 15 spokes on both front/rear.

F8-4life

Update, just picked up some original 15x10 vectors at goodguys.
Chevy pattern but the price was right!
Seller said if they were the Chrysler pattern he would have sold them ten times over by the time I bought them.
I think people just think GL when they see these wheels and nothing else. Haha

myk

I drove around on those rocket rims for 18 years.  If they had been larger in diameter I would've kept them...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"