News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Legendary interior frustrations

Started by 1965gp, September 17, 2014, 07:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

QuoteLegendary has not fixed that button problem for literally 20 years now.  Its not worth trying to fight with them about it.

20 years later and they still have not corrected this problem? Gee-wiz, talk about great customer service.....  :rotz:  I guess they have no shame.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mike DC

Yes, 20 years.  Their button problem was already known among Mopar-ites back in the 1990s.

Ghoste

And that is one that truly puzzles me because they are great in so many other ways.

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I ordered a black headliner and then a black vinyl top from them recently and both were shipped the same day. The quality was excellent. Im guessing if you order colors other than black you'll be waiting..
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

VegasCharger

Thank god 68's don't require buttons  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
68 Charger seat design is the best by far.
But then again I'm biased.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Brock Lee

I have heard some fix the buttons by gluing the caps on with marine epoxy (JB Weld is the easiest brand to find). If I was to do the buttons, I would pop every cap off and try that before they could fall off. 

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: Brock Lee on September 19, 2014, 07:57:36 AM
I have heard some fix the buttons by gluing the caps on with marine epoxy (JB Weld is the easiest brand to find). If I was to do the buttons, I would pop every cap off and try that before they could fall off.  

Why bother fixing junk?  Use the original buttons and you won't have this issue.
:2thumbs:
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

ODZKing

Mike DC

:Twocents: 

Or leave the bottons off entirely and have slightly more comfortable seats. 

EccentricMagpies

Mine are recessed.  Never feel them.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

DAY CLONA

Quote from: VegasCharger on September 19, 2014, 07:44:30 AM
Thank god 68's don't require buttons  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
68 Charger seat design is the best by far.
But then again I'm biased.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

No buttons on 70's either!...here's my Legendary white interior, I replaced everything (colour change) ordered EVERYTHING needed, at Carlisle, paid in full $3200, told them not to ship until everything was in stock/finished, took about 3 weeks, order was intially $3800, but payment in full at the time of order and "hold shipment" until ready discounted it to $3200

1965gp

Those white interiors look awesome. Hopefully mine will look like that soon enough!

1965gp

Just a quick follow up- finally got my seats. I've lost count on how long it took. Hoping to get them put together this week.

Still frustrated. When I asked why I didn't get door panel clips or visor hardware (studs) I was told they were sold separately, which is fine but need to know that when I place the order. They swear up and down I will get them for free in the shipment with seats. Got the seat covers- - no clips or hardware.

Call them and tell them- they apologize again and say they will 2nd day air them to my house. A week later they still aren't here. Call them again yesterday and they cannot come up with a tracking # so are supposed to call me back. No phone call of course.

Meanwhile I have already placed an order with classic industries- and I knew I should have added those clips. It's not the cost- it is the continued inconvenience.

At some point blaming their shipping department doesn't work for me. It's been like 20 weeks and the order still isn't complete.

I know the quality is good- but not good enough to put up with this crap.

I highly suggest anyone looking into legendary look into other options. I can't imagine dealing with their 'lifetime warranty' will result in any better service than paying up front for new product.

If I had ordered PUI the interior would be done and I would have an extra $1000 to put into the car.

SovereignZuul

I would tend to buy elsewhere due to the extreme cost associated with Legendary, but I haven't found anyone else who makes 1970 door panels yet.

Sorry for the headache 1965gp, but I for one am glad you shared the story.  I like to read reviews of who I buy from before I commit and this was helpful.
1970 Dodge Charger - 1969 Dodge Dart - 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - 1997 Dodge Neon (Sold for Charger Parts)

Ghoste

Your order has clearly been a mess and I hope nothing else goes wrong.  My experience with Legendary was great and I was happy with quality and price and delivery but that doesn't excuse what happened with yours.

1965gp

Well that is my only reason for sharing- just warning others about their service. Not taking away from their product at all- we know it's good. But if you are going to buy from them allow plenty of time to get your parts in.

Ghoste- I agree and would hope this was a rare incident but it seems never ending with these guys. I have done two other interiors with these guys and had no issues at all.

I just wish I knew to expect this as I would have ordered the parts 6 months ago so I wasn't rushing to get it together before the end of the show season.

Ghoste

Strange.  I think mine even came earlier than I expected.
I don't know how much they monitor some of the Mopar websites but I hope they hear about this.

1965gp

As expected the quality of the seats was excellent- some of the easiest seats I have put together. While I was frustrated I do need to be fair to the product.

Very simple- easier than the GM seats I have done. The Rallye seats have positions to attach the listing wire on each side inside the bolsters (bottom and seat back) rather than one in the middle. It makes for a very nice, snug fit. I have not put the seat back on yet- I bought the abs ones off eBay and the paint is drying now.

Anyway, here are some quick cell pics of the seats:

So far my only complaint is that the seats wrinkle when you sit in them (I am about 215 lbs), but I don't know any way this could be avoided without modifying the frames and the extra material for the bolsters.

All of the material felt very high quality and this is the first set I have installed that has the legendary logo embossed when you flip the seat forward.

At the end of the day very happy with the product.

Dino

Very nice!  Do you know if these seats have provisions for the stock headrests?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1965gp

You can use the headrests but you just use the factory hardware and cut out the foam where the headrest brackets go (I assume). Still amazed at how quick these went together.

Dino

Great!   :2thumbs:

We expect a full report on the seats' support once you have a chance to throw the car through some corners.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mike DC

QuoteSo far my only complaint is that the seats wrinkle when you sit in them (I am about 215 lbs), but I don't know any way this could be avoided without modifying the frames and the extra material for the bolsters.

Can you elaborate on this?  Where/how does it wrinkle?  What might avoid it? 

1965gp

Well, after spending some time in and out of the seats I am even happier with them. I was sitting on the seats in the driveway the first time. Once the seat was mounted it didn't seem to wrinkle near as much.

Since the side bolstering is only foam (whereas a more modern seat would have framing under the foam) it can be compressed pretty far.

Still, they are much more comfortable than most 60's cars seats I have been in. Honestly I'd never really been in a charger before buying this car other than moving my father in laws 68 in and out of the garage.

If you are building an auto cross car then you are probably want something more rigid than this. If your building a fun cruiser, or a car that will see occasional track times you can't really beat these seats.

Mike DC

It has to be a massive improvement over the stock 68/69 seats, which absolutely sucked.  Magazine reviewers even griped about the front seats when these cars were brand new. 

The lack of metal underneath the new side bolstering concerns me too.  I'm wondering about cutting away some clearance in the underside of the foams and welding extra metal in there.  It's probably not a big issue for the vast majority.  But I'm already cutting & welding on the seat frames for other reasons anyway.