News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

You make good points, John.
If you're going to dump thousands into a car that is advertised to be something, you really do need the proper documentation. Fender tags missing on a 318 car? No biggie but it matters a LOT on a loaded R/T.

jefferson

Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 05, 2019, 11:38:24 PM
Quote from: jefferson on December 05, 2019, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 05, 2019, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: jefferson on December 05, 2019, 07:48:45 AM
That black 69 asking 32k is an absolute joke!
The owner is on here, he has posted it in the for sale section. Absolute delusional.
He has dropped it down to 29K, i was looking at it the other day, and im sorry to say, i feel dirty just looking at the inside, you would never get me to sit inside that car no matter what situation i was put in.
You want to ask strong money for it, at least be strong enough to clean it up a bit for F sake.

Fella im sorry you need a reality check. 20k is more then generous enough for your 69. I honestly believe the market is becoming ruined by sellers like himself trying to palm there car off at 2-3x what its worth and driving the rest of the market up too with there, sorry but junk.

29-30k for that. Just lol.

I don't even know what to say. I drive it daily. Am I a filthy person? No. My street and neighbors are under construction so stuff gets dirty. The carpet is junk and falling apart so yeah I don't really care about it because its hell to vacuum. The reality is, you nor anyone else, will find a real driver Charger R/T for that generous 20K. So, really you are just spewing hot air. Thanks for the advice. I guess I am blown away at how rude people are in general. I come to to this forum to find like minded folks and have some camaraderie about the cars we love. You don't know anything about me yet you judge me and freely spew profane rude comments.

Mate . I bought my 68 true RT car for a few g more than your 32k asking price and its honestly show room condition.
And this was only last year
So yes your 32k asking price is a joke.

Well. I don't know where you are but this is america and in america i get to ask my asking price. My price is now 29k. I don't consider you an expert so your opinion doesn't matter to me. So let facts back up your position. Show me another 69 R/T SE Charger for sale in like condition for less. You cant thats why you keep calling me names.

Keep calling you names? Mate and fella is what you consider to be called as names? lol righto.
Yea im by no means an expert, i am learning every day, but i do have a good idea on the charger market both in OZ and the USA seeing as i bought mine in from the USA.

I could link you to a lot of 69s for sale that are only 20k more that are in way better condition. Yours is going to need 50 plus K dumped into it, so that brings it to an 80K car.
Want me to link you to 69s for sale that are way less than what your one would cost to restore correctly.
and i wouldnt even consider yours even in condition. Its crusty and rusty that would need a hell of a lot of work and money to even get looking nice.

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 05, 2019, 11:38:24 PM
Quote from: jefferson on December 05, 2019, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 05, 2019, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: jefferson on December 05, 2019, 07:48:45 AM
That black 69 asking 32k is an absolute joke!
The owner is on here, he has posted it in the for sale section. Absolute delusional.
He has dropped it down to 29K, i was looking at it the other day, and im sorry to say, i feel dirty just looking at the inside, you would never get me to sit inside that car no matter what situation i was put in.
You want to ask strong money for it, at least be strong enough to clean it up a bit for F sake.

Fella im sorry you need a reality check. 20k is more then generous enough for your 69. I honestly believe the market is becoming ruined by sellers like himself trying to palm there car off at 2-3x what its worth and driving the rest of the market up too with there, sorry but junk.

29-30k for that. Just lol.

I don't even know what to say. I drive it daily. Am I a filthy person? No. My street and neighbors are under construction so stuff gets dirty. The carpet is junk and falling apart so yeah I don't really care about it because its hell to vacuum. The reality is, you nor anyone else, will find a real driver Charger R/T for that generous 20K. So, really you are just spewing hot air. Thanks for the advice. I guess I am blown away at how rude people are in general. I come to to this forum to find like minded folks and have some camaraderie about the cars we love. You don't know anything about me yet you judge me and freely spew profane rude comments.

Mate . I bought my 68 true RT car for a few g more than your 32k asking price and its honestly show room condition.
And this was only last year
So yes your 32k asking price is a joke.

Well. I don't know where you are but this is america and in america i get to ask my asking price. My price is now 29k. I don't consider you an expert so your opinion doesn't matter to me. So let facts back up your position. Show me another 69 R/T SE Charger for sale in like condition for less. You cant thats why you keep calling me names.
Dont let the morons get to you chris they just want to fight and cause problems  :)    you have an amazing collection of cars you actually drive , race and treat them as they were built for .  Keep doing what you do .   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

Ummm Stuart, I don't understand...Your signature says "GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE".  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:
This 32K rust bucket is a JOKE.
Please educate me how this is not crazy.
Peace

Challenger340

Brief interlude....

:2thumbs:
NICE Car !

OK, now back to arguing ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Kern Dog

Thanks, man! How about a more "artsy" version ?

70 sublime

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 04, 2019, 02:59:51 PM
Will be interesting to see where it tops out at on ebay

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-/184062975615?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Condition:Used
Ended:Dec 07, 2019 , 15:08
Winning bid:US $22,256.00
Approximately C $29,524.80
[ 41 bids ]
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69RTSE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Charger-r-t/283698035540?hash=item420db87b54:g:aQMAAOSwd0tdy2FE

Its Back.  I guess it didn't actually sell for 13K.  Shocking.  

Really not sure what they are actually worth.  A low dollar starting point and no-reserve would reveal their worth. They would be best served as parts cars.  There is value in a parts car.  They can't all be saved and its virtuous to use a parts car to save a more suitable candidate.  That all being said, these cars are way overpriced!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 69RTSE on December 08, 2019, 01:47:26 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Charger-r-t/283698035540?hash=item420db87b54:g:aQMAAOSwd0tdy2FE

Really not sure what they are actually worth.  A low dollar starting point and no-reserve would reveal their worth. They would be best served as parts cars.  There is value in a parts car.  They can't all be saved and its virtuous to use a parts car to save a more suitable candidate.  That all being said, these cars are way overpriced!

Looks like the neighbor's property values are still going to be depressed for a while.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 08, 2019, 05:24:19 AM
Quote from: 69RTSE on December 08, 2019, 01:47:26 AM

Looks like the neighbor's property values are still going to be depressed for a while.

Maybe he could invest in a Concrete Driveway if he gets 5k.

Challenger340

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 07, 2019, 07:52:32 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on December 04, 2019, 02:59:51 PM
Will be interesting to see where it tops out at on ebay

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-/184062975615?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Condition:Used
Ended:Dec 07, 2019 , 15:08
Winning bid:US $22,256.00
Approximately C $29,524.80
[ 41 bids ]

Wonder if there is any other way to verify it's an R/T "SE" with no Fender Tag or Broadcast Sheet ?

chargervert

Yep, pull the inner sail panels, and check where the sail panel emblems bolt up. Standard Chargers have two holes about 9 inches apart,SE models have two mounting holes very close together ,right next to the lower corner of the rear quarter side windows.

HANDM

Quote from: chargervert on December 08, 2019, 10:51:30 AM
Yep, pull the inner sail panels, and check where the sail panel emblems bolt up. Standard Chargers have two holes about 9 inches apart,SE models have two mounting holes very close together ,right next to the lower corner of the rear quarter side windows.

That's how I figured out that mine is an SE.

ACUDANUT

The Electric Windows, Cruise control and A/C did not give it away ?

Homerr

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 09, 2019, 02:24:18 PM

Cruise control was not part of the SE package.

The 69 Charger I had was not an SE despite having electric windows, A/C, and leather.

Challenger340

Quote from: chargervert on December 08, 2019, 10:51:30 AM

Yeah, I guess that's works ?

just say'in though....
not really any way to "document" the Car as a true R/T SE ?   

I mean being an "XS" VIN is fine as a real R/T example ? with the body VIN stampings to corroborate ?
but I think given the....
NON-Fender Tag,
NON-Broadcast Sheet,
NON-Numbers Matching Engine/Trans etc., etc.
that realistically there is very little collector valuation for any potential purchaser anyways ? beyond "2 Holes" closer together in a sail panel ?

Just me here, but I think the market is speaking and mid 20's USD may be fair valuation ?

HANDM

Quote from: Homerr on December 09, 2019, 04:03:21 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 09, 2019, 02:24:18 PM

Cruise control was not part of the SE package.

The 69 Charger I had was not an SE despite having electric windows, A/C, and leather.

No CC or PW, had air, woodgrain dash and leather seats. It was like 30 years ago that I swapped interiors and back then I wasn't as knowledgable about Charger packages so had no clue till about ten years ago

VegasCharger

Quote from: 69RTSE on December 10, 2019, 12:02:48 AM
NOS Chrome Mirrors for 71-72 B-Body. $2,200.  WOW.  Must be gold plated.

"NEW IN ORIGINAL BOXES BUT HAS SOME MINOR IMPERFECTION,NEVER INSTALLED WITH SOME SHELF WEAR ONLY"

Some shelf wear only? How about a scratch on the pedestal??? Is that shelf wear?  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Even in mint condition, these aren't worth 2.2k. Not even 1k. But I guess if you use the word "NOS" you can ask whatever the f@@k you want.

:cheers:

69RTSE

70 sublime

Quote from: chargerman69 on December 22, 2019, 10:14:57 PM
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/brantford/1968-dodge-charger-r-t-383-one-owner/1478902844

55,500 Canadian
42,188 u.s

They do say it is still in the States

One owner car bought new in 1968 in Washington state. Car in California right now away from the snow, has been in USA always. Can be shipped to Canada. Brantford,Ontario area.
Price is landed price from California and includes shipping, duty and brokerage fees.

See YouTube video in ad as well.
383 Magnum engine (Numbers Matching)
Runs and drives great. 93564 original miles
Automatic transmission
Very good rust free body
Needs interior work
Great chance to own a Car that is just like the one that was in the Bullet movie.
More pics available on request of underside. Serious inquiries.
Those with no money or stupid remarks dont deserve to own classics and do not know the valu
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John Milner

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/discovery-bay-1968-charger/7037698091.html

Does this one count as being delusional? For a 318 car at that price I would want a really nice driver. I definitely wouldn't want to paint one or buy new interior.