News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me choose a color for my 69! UPDATE- PAINTED!!!

Started by garner7555, December 03, 2014, 11:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which color combo on my 69?

white with red stripe
blue pearl (2005 GM color)
viper red

hemi-hampton

I got a Gallon of Viper Blue from when I Worked at Viper painting place MascoTech. The Vipers are not painted by Chrysler but outsourced. The new Candy Red on the new Vipers will add a additional $10,000 to price tag for that Candy Red. My gallon of Viper Blue available if anybody is Interested, I already sold my gallon of Viper Red years ago. LEON.

JB400

Has Chrysler released the paint code yet for Stryker Red (the color of the candy apple red Viper).  I've read a few Viper forums, and they say they can't get it yet.  But, that was a couple years ago when it was discussed.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: JB400 on December 07, 2014, 05:21:30 PM
Has Chrysler released the paint code yet for Stryker Red (the color of the candy apple red Viper).  I've read a few Viper forums, and they say they can't get it yet.  But, that was a couple years ago when it was discussed.

I got a Friend that is Manager/ Head Painter of Paint shop that is painting the Vipers. Can't answer that unless I talk to him or others in the know. LEON.

ACUDANUT

How can one gallon of paint cost 10K ? "The new Candy Red on the new Vipers will add a additional $10,000".  :smilielol:

hemi-hampton

A gallon of Candy red does not cost $10,000. I never said that. I said $10,000 for the paint job, not the paint. It's all in the labor. I guess you never painted Candy before :scratchchin: LEON.

500Jon

Seafoam Turquoise!

Don't see many 'Burnt orange' Chargers.
My mates 67 was bronze and now BO, looks stunning!
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

jaak

Another vote for Blue. I have nothing against red Chargers, but there are about as many Red Chargers as there is Yellow School buses.

Jason

comet_666

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: 66FBCharger on December 04, 2014, 08:32:49 AM
Quote from: garner7555 on December 04, 2014, 07:37:08 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2014, 06:42:54 AM
Silver.  :D :lol:
I do like silver!  i considered that very seriously.     :brickwall:    :2thumbs:
Silver with a red stripe and red interior. No vinyl top.
Coming in late but I would have to say I love this combo... :2thumbs:

garner7555

Quote from: jaak on December 09, 2014, 06:13:51 PM
Another vote for Blue. I have nothing against red Chargers, but there are about as many Red Chargers as there is Yellow School buses.

Jason

That's true, red is popular on these cars.  That is one of the many reasons I don't want black, it looks awesome but extremely popular and more difficult to care for.  To be fair blue is also very popular color, not as common as red though.   But again, there is a reason all these colors are popular, they look good.   :2thumbs:

White however is very unconventional, especially to change a charger to white from it's original color.   :shruggy:

I live in rural Alabama and I am not aware of any other chargers close to me, of any color.  So I guess popularity really isn't an issue with me anyway.   :Twocents:

I am only 30 years old so ease of care is important to me over the rest of my lifespan.  I keep thinking how easy it is to sling a buffer over white compared to any darker color (blue).

Still thinking!  :scratchchin:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Dino

Buffer?  Am I supposed to wash this thing?    :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

PlainfieldCharger

jaak

Quote from: garner7555 on December 10, 2014, 08:05:15 AM

Jason

That's true, red is popular on these cars.  That is one of the many reasons I don't want black, it looks awesome but extremely popular and more difficult to care for.  To be fair blue is also very popular color, not as common as red though.   But again, there is a reason all these colors are popular, they look good.   :2thumbs:

White however is very unconventional, especially to change a charger to white from it's original color.   :shruggy:

I live in rural Alabama and I am not aware of any other chargers close to me, of any color.  So I guess popularity really isn't an issue with me anyway.   :Twocents:

I am only 30 years old so ease of care is important to me over the rest of my lifespan.  I keep thinking how easy it is to sling a buffer over white compared to any darker color (blue).

What Part of Alabama you live in? I'm in the Northwest corner, near Florence.

Jason

garner7555

Quote from: jaak on December 10, 2014, 09:18:04 PM
Quote from: garner7555 on December 10, 2014, 08:05:15 AM

Jason

What Part of Alabama you live in? I'm in the Northwest corner, near Florence.

Jason

I'm on the east side, right on th GA line.   Good to know there are other charger folks in the state!  Haha.  :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

hemi-hampton

North East or South east? or in the middle east? My Mom lives near Scottsboro Alabama. Northeast corner of state. LEON.

garner7555

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 10, 2014, 10:43:51 PM
North East or South east? or in the middle east? My Mom lives near Scottsboro Alabama. Northeast corner of state. LEON.

I'm middle/north, right where I20 crosses the line.  I'm right between Atlanta and Birmingham.   Maybe we can get enough people in this general area to have a Charger cruise one day.  :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

jaak

Quote from: garner7555 on December 11, 2014, 07:56:49 AM

I'm middle/north, right where I20 crosses the line.  I'm right between Atlanta and Birmingham.   Maybe we can get enough people in this general area to have a Charger cruise one day.  :yesnod:

I'd be up for it, I live a couple of hours away from B'ham. In fact I was checking out a site yesterday about the 2015 Hot Rod Power Tour, they are stopping in Memphis, then driving to Birmingham, and stopping there the next night. I would like to join in on that leg of the Tour. But I would really be up for us local Mopar guys to join up for a cruise sometime  :2thumbs:

Jason

garner7555

Quote from: jaak on December 13, 2014, 09:40:35 PM
Quote from: garner7555 on December 11, 2014, 07:56:49 AM

I'd be up for it, I live a couple of hours away from B'ham. In fact I was checking out a site yesterday about the 2015 Hot Rod Power Tour, they are stopping in Memphis, then driving to Birmingham, and stopping there the next night. I would like to join in on that leg of the Tour. But I would really be up for us local Mopar guys to join up for a cruise sometime  :2thumbs:

Jason

I'm still a couple years away from any cruises, but would be interested in it once my car is up and going!   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

500Jon

OMG,

I thought the Era of Red and Yellow Chargers was gone!
Along with Red and Yellow and Orange RoadRunners!!! :nana:

We is in the Era of factory colors only!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

And I don't mean Sassy Grass or Limelight or Plum Crazy on a 68/69 car.
Trust me Folks have tried it and now who's laughing... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Silver with a RED tail-stripe only please!!!
Or BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

superbirdtom

Quote from: JB400 on December 07, 2014, 05:21:30 PM

IF YOU WANT A CUSTOM COLOR FOR CHEAP GO TO WWW.DIPYOURCAR.COM - THEN GO TO THE PEARLS AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN USE THEM WITH PPG OR ANY OTHER BASE CLEAR SYSTEM,  THEY ARE LIKE NO OTHER ON THE MARKET THEY ARE SUPERFINE AND COVER RAPIDLY.  YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM INTO BASECOAT FIRST.  SO WHAT YOU DO IS GET A SAMPLE PEARL LIKE THE SUPER BLURPLE THEN YOU MIX UP  A PINT USING HALF MIXING CLEAR AND HALF BASECOAT CONVERTER AND ADD THE PEARL IN.  NOW YOU HAVE A SPRAYABLE PEARL BASECOAT THAT YOU CAN CLEARCOAT WIH AUTOMOTIVE CLEAR.  tHE RUBBER DIP PAINT AND CLEARS ARE ALL REALY TOUGH  AND YOU CAN PEL THEM OFF YOUR CAR AND CHANGE COLORS EVERY MONTH IF YOU WANT TO GO THE RUBBER SEMI GLOSS WAY.

BUT IF YOU WANT A STANDARD CUSTOM PEARL JOB JUST MAKE SOME BASECOAT AND DROP IN THE PEARL IT COVERS SO FAST AND FREEZES INTO PLACE ITS AMAZING THEN CLEARCOAT LIKE A STANDARD FACTORY PEARL JOB, AND THESE ARE THE MOST INEXPENSIVE PEARLS OUT THERE. BUY A LITTLE TRY A LITTLE.

ACUDANUT

Just don't paint it pea green.  :Twocents:

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

garner7555

Green is out!  I did consider silver very strongly at one time but that too is out now.  When I first got the car (around 20 years ago) the plan was to build a general lee.  Since then alot has changed with the build plan, 4 speed swap, lowered the car and upgraded suspension.   I am adding some modern twist to the car and one of those will be the color.  No offense to the purist, but after being in the auto body business you realize how inferior the colors were back in those days to what is offered now.  Even if I go with white it will not be an original color.  :shruggy:   :Twocents:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ghoste

polywideblock

Quote from: polywideblock on December 04, 2014, 12:25:27 AM
I voted blue but have you thought about a nice purple ?   :scratchchin:  PPG passion purple      

or Aussie GM MORPHEOUS metallic

and definitely with a white stripe

I still stick with my original post    :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE