News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 500 Registry

Started by Homerr, December 26, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

Quote from: 69_500 on December 30, 2014, 07:01:30 PM
I am waiting on replies from multiple people before updating the list. If they all say yes I could push it much higher than 200.

That'd be great!   :2thumbs:

Homerr

Ok guys, I'm gonna step in for a sec....

1.  Line 1 was unlocked and moved to the bottom, I'm putting it back at the top and locking it.

2.  I've split the VIN in to two columns for formatting.  There are probably more advanced ways to sort by digit position but that's beyond my ability and it might be easier for now to K.I.S.S.   If you run the cursor over a column head (A, B, C, etc.) there is a little down arrow that shows, then you can 'Sort sheet A-Z' to clean up the order.  Sorting Column B will now sort the sequnce part of the VIN.  XS29 cars will be in order and not at the top as well.  Thanks Alaskan_TA for the suggestion!

white

Your correct Danny, you could easily push the number over 200

nascarxx29

The old club had lists .In my ads theres vins in certain states
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

arrow

I am waiting on replies from multiple people before updating the list. If they all say yes I could push it much higher than 200.

I gave you the info. on my 500 with your word you would keep it to yourself, you better not post my info for the world to see

richRTSE

Quote from: arrow on December 31, 2014, 01:43:16 PM

I gave you the info. on my 500 with your word you would keep it to yourself, you better not post my info for the world to see

What about just the VIN so the number of cars can be more accurate?

arrow

Quote from: richRTSE on December 31, 2014, 04:30:29 PM
Quote from: arrow on December 31, 2014, 01:43:16 PM

What about just the VIN so the number of cars can be more accurate?   F---NO , he needs to honor our agreement.

pettybird

You do not need to worry about Danny...he has the confidence of many.

Registries are excellent sources of information about entire runs of cars.  I can see a security concern with sharing your VIN, but perhaps he could substitute it for a unique ID that only he would be able to match up?  Of far more interest is the configuration of your motor, transmission, interior and exterior colors.

If THAT is more than you'd like to share, perhaps he could that information above along with others to get aggregate data... ie, let's say you have an F8/F8 440 auto car (it's a common combination that I just totally made up.)  Cars with more information shown would be listed, while cars owned by people demanding more privacy could just be added to the totals.  Say there are (again, invented) 37 F8 cars going onto the registry...there could be a change in the total to 38 at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

It's your car but please consider sharing what you're comfortable with for the sake of accuracy.

arrow

No means no, I assume Danny will keep his word

held1823

you do realize YOU shared your vin yourself?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Ghoste

And that was one of my points about some of the difficulties registries face.

arrow

Quote from: held1823 on December 31, 2014, 08:35:52 PM

What a dumb ass comment - I wouldnt give Danny my info. until he assured me he wouldnt be sharing it .

ws23rt

Is it true that this list is just to list cars that are known to exist?

Or is it intended to account for all the cars that we can?   A car that is known to have been scrapped for example---would (or should) the vin for that car be on the list?--IMO a listing of known dead cars has value on a list like this.

I can see a bit of struggle with questions like this but by no means should the idea be scrapped when it gets more complicated.  Corrections and adjustments can be made as it becomes more complete. :cheers:

BTW the vin for my car is on the list and I have much less problem with that than the fact that I have a license plate on the back of my car and I drive it around in public for all to see. That information can be used more readily to learn every thing about me and perhaps lots of stuff I'd like to know about myself. :smilielol:

richRTSE

It's only a vin, I don't see the harm it sharing it. I understand not wanting to share owner info, as I wouldn't want to be bothered by people about my car, or worry about people knowing where I live and keep my car. My vin is already on the list, and I've also posted picts of my fender tag and build sheet on this site too.   :Twocents:

held1823

Quote from: arrow on December 31, 2014, 08:50:29 PM
Quote from: held1823 on December 31, 2014, 08:35:52 PM

What a dumb ass comment - I wouldnt give Danny my info. until he assured me he wouldnt be sharing it .

i doubt anyone was going to share it, especially danny, but it was most definitely posted by you.

who is the dumb ass now?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

the purpose of a list like this is to know how the cars were built 46 years ago. not one damn thing has to do with who owns them now.

i don't have a 500, so i will use the daytona as an example. the fender tag reads as follows

26  EN2
G15 M21 M31  R11  V88  Y39
A01 A11  A36  B51  C16  C55
B5  B5  C6D  B7  605 926912
E86  D32  XX29  L9B  409053

that is every piece of info that a database for daytonas would ask for. no ownership info past or present, nor the car's location at any point in time, is revealed by the codes on that 45 year old piece of tin.

it is every owner's right to choose how they look at the hobby. thankfully most are interested enough to help compile an accurate history.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

ws23rt

Quote from: held1823 on December 31, 2014, 10:55:40 PM
the purpose of a list like this is to know how the cars were built 46 years ago. not one damn thing has to do with who owns them now.

i don't have a 500, so i will use the daytona as an example. the fender tag reads as follows

26  EN2
G15 M21 M31  R11  V88  Y39
A01 A11  A36  B51  C16  C55
B5  B5  C6D  B7  605 926912
E86  D32  XX29  L9B  409053

that is every piece of info that a database for daytonas would ask for. no ownership info past or present, nor the car's location at any point in time, is revealed by the codes on that 45 year old piece of tin.

it is every owner's right to choose how they look at the hobby. thankfully most are interested enough to help compile an accurate history.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: This can work well if we keep at it and address the glitches as they come up.

69_500

Arrow, I will not give out any car info unless I have been told that I can. There are multiple cars I have been told to not mention.
I realize the reason I have been able to locate and track so many of the 500's is due to not releasing a lot of these things. It has allowed me a pretty big database. And for that I am grateful.

Happy New Year to all.

Homerr

arrow,
It sounds like 69_500 is not only adhering to the rules that I set in the first post, but he is also adhering to agreements he made with you personally.  There is no need to link a VIN to your name and not the intent of the registry.

held1823 & richRTSE,
We get it, but would you mind removing the info about arrow?  If it was posted in the forum I'd say it could be included as a VIN in the registry, but let's not use this thread to link owners to a car unless they do it themselves.  I'd rather this not be a place for antagonizing owners.  It sets a bad precedent. 

ws23rt,
The intent was to register all 392 cars (or more if there are any).  So, yes, wrecked/scrapped/totalled cars are to be counted.  There is a column category named 'Fate'.  If you have the VIN and know what happened to the car posting the info would be great!

500Jon

Hi 500 Folks,

Large Can of Worms opened up here!
If Certain Folks are saying that they have no VIN on trunk rails and Rad supports, I see it as a green light to potential Fraudsters!!! :scratchchin:
Thats way tooo much info already............

Just keep it simple methinks. Vin and order numbers, car in existance and current condition maybe?
If you know of a scrapped 500 then get the Vin on here asap.

Yes there is a constant worry about Theft and Fraud, but some Folks don't need a database, they just need a GUN and some drunk mates!!!
Just watch World's dumbest criminals or World's craziest FOOLS!!! :slap:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Kowal

The A12 guys have had a registry for years, with VIN's, no names or addresses, I don't believe there was ever a problem. 

Somebody sees your car at a car show or cruise, photo of the VIN and the license plate and they know everything about you!   (That is one of the reasons that I use a vintage plate on the car, no need to tell anyone where to follow me home to!)

The fender tag could be a bit much, but unlike an A12 car it isn't like a Charger 500 is easy to clone.

Here are the A12 links

http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl  (Their forum, which is quite good and very technically orientated)

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/registry.html   (The VIN list)

http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/index.html  (The registry home page)
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

Ghoste

Just look at all the cars at shows that keep the hood closed or if its open there is no fender tag.  Then note how many of those cars have conveniently placed something on the dash over the VIN.

white

You guy's have nothing to worry about with 69_500.

Davtona

Quote from: white on January 01, 2015, 09:49:14 AM
You guy's have nothing to worry about with 69_500.

:iagree:

Some people such as Danny have been allowed to see / document very rare cars because it is known by the owners that their cars information / photographs will be kept in confidence and not displayed for the world to see. Doors open sometimes when people request to see cars for the right reasons and not for personal gain. There is a difference between documenting and publicly displaying a car.

41husk

I have no problem with releasing any known info on my C500, including my name.  That being said, anyone that would not trust Danny with aero car info, has never sat down and talked with him about these cars for any length of time.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up