News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 500 Registry

Started by Homerr, December 26, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Mopar John on March 13, 2018, 10:48:28 AM
While checking on another X9 500 I was looking at XS29L9B156009.
The interior code is blank and the picture of the fender tag has "C6R".
Also the next column has black for the interior color and it's RED.
Please update the spreadsheet.
Thanks! MJ

Hmmm so it is.  Sure like those colors on a Charger :popcrn:  Interesting to see photos of the other 440 car (as I understand).   :2thumbs: 

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I like the photo with the old bridge.

Homerr

Been spending many hours this weekend updating this registry as I haven't really done much in the last nearly 2 years.

Thanks to Danny (69_500) for an audit of the registry in Nov '18.

Thanks as always to tan top for saving the photos from ads before they disappear forever!

mopar346

I just bought one over the week end that isn't on the registry. I tried to add it but didn't have access and I'm not the most computer savvy. I emailed Homerr my tag and VIN.

Ghoste

What is the info on it?   And congratulations!

hemi68charger

Quote from: mopar346 on July 15, 2019, 07:29:35 PM
I just bought one over the week end that isn't on the registry. I tried to add it but didn't have access and I'm not the most computer savvy. I emailed Homerr my tag and VIN.

How did all those panels fit.. I just got an NOS rear valance, but "MAY" need, not sure yet, a rear taillamp panel.. how about those end caps for the lower valance?  Thanks for sharing your project.. Mine is in the works too to get painted.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mopar346

Basic info, F8 F8 and I'm guessing a white stripe, I'll hopefully be able to clear that up soon. Buckets, console auto, 440, 3.55, power disc, power steering car. Metal work is done (and done very well from what I can see), needs a few final blockings and ready spray, all gaps awesome, dash, seats, and steering column all done nicely, K-member and front end components blasted and coated, too many other parts done to go through. Rear glass, new rear glass moldings, grill with supports and brackets present and nice, very nice original trunk lid, doors, former NOS driver's fender and nice original hood. Passenger fender is AMD but fit extremely nice with no work. I don't know a lot of the history of the car yet but I hope to find out more, it has the original fender tag and VIN plate as well as both body numbers. If you look you can tell that the driver's trunk gutter was not disturbed when the quarter was replaced. The rear window plug was also in exception condition and not disturbed, the original Charger dutchman and rear window frame was still intact and awesome. 

The bazaar thing and probably the way this one went up for sale and the owner eager to move it being this close to ready to assemble is that he found and purchased the almost exact car with a nice little J in the VIN. I'll try to get that VIN to add to the registry if he doesn't mind.

On the metal work, I didn't do this one but it looked like it fit very well, I did a 70 R/T Charger last year using AMD quarters, quarter corners, trunk floor, drop offs, out wheel housings, dutchman, deck lid, tail panel and rear valance, I was extremely please with the way they fit with very little massaging. As normal, I fitted everything with screws a dozen times before I stuck any of it together and then stuck 1 piece at a time and reassembled everything til I was done. The only exception was the quarter corners, I welded them to the quarters before I welded the quarters on. Again, I was pleased with the way they fit.

gtx6970

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 16, 2019, 06:11:32 AM
Quote from: mopar346 on July 15, 2019, 07:29:35 PM

How did all those panels fit.. I just got an NOS rear valance, but "MAY" need, not sure yet, a rear taillamp panel.. how about those end caps for the lower valance?  Thanks for sharing your project.. Mine is in the works too to get painted.....

get hold of member TalkieMopar, ( aka Rick ) he has/or had some nos tail light panels

hemi68charger

Quote from: mopar346 on July 16, 2019, 06:00:43 PM
Basic info, F8 F8 and I'm guessing a white stripe, I'll hopefully be able to clear that up soon. Buckets, console auto, 440, 3.55, power disc, power steering car. Metal work is done (and done very well from what I can see), needs a few final blockings and ready spray, all gaps awesome, dash, seats, and steering column all done nicely, K-member and front end components blasted and coated, too many other parts done to go through. Rear glass, new rear glass moldings, grill with supports and brackets present and nice, very nice original trunk lid, doors, former NOS driver's fender and nice original hood. Passenger fender is AMD but fit extremely nice with no work. I don't know a lot of the history of the car yet but I hope to find out more, it has the original fender tag and VIN plate as well as both body numbers. If you look you can tell that the driver's trunk gutter was not disturbed when the quarter was replaced. The rear window plug was also in exception condition and not disturbed, the original Charger dutchman and rear window frame was still intact and awesome. 

The bazaar thing and probably the way this one went up for sale and the owner eager to move it being this close to ready to assemble is that he found and purchased the almost exact car with a nice little J in the VIN. I'll try to get that VIN to add to the registry if he doesn't mind.

On the metal work, I didn't do this one but it looked like it fit very well, I did a 70 R/T Charger last year using AMD quarters, quarter corners, trunk floor, drop offs, out wheel housings, dutchman, deck lid, tail panel and rear valance, I was extremely please with the way they fit with very little massaging. As normal, I fitted everything with screws a dozen times before I stuck any of it together and then stuck 1 piece at a time and reassembled everything til I was done. The only exception was the quarter corners, I welded them to the quarters before I welded the quarters on. Again, I was pleased with the way they fit.

Thanks for the detailed description of your car's body work and sheetmetal quality from AMD. I'll have at most corners, trunk pan, extensions and lower quarters. We'll address the taillamp panel once the car is stripped... But, there doesn't appear to be any real rust issues and/or damage from accidents...

Did the former owner also get a green on green j-code? If so, I know the individual I believe.. He mentioned getting rid of one to get the other ( funny, sounds like my story )..

Congrats again and kudos for having the skills to do a lot of the work yourself...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mopar346

Thank you, please PM me any info you have on the car good, bad and otherwise. I've built a few but love driving them more than anything, I'm concerned I might not feel free to drive this one. Then again I said that about my AAR and put 15k on it since finishing it in 14. I think I am most looking forward to diving deep into the nuances of the breed. I'm a freak for the history of the cars I own.

Homerr

Updated the registry with pics and info scoured since the last update.  I just added mopar346's as a new entry.

(There was one other I added today as a new entry too... but I forgot to note which one!  It was noted in the last few months in the forums somewhere.)

Jfbosco

Quote from: 69_500 on January 20, 2015, 04:32:18 PM
My entire list contains 291 numbers currently.

Driving right now but that looks like 138602 in that picture. After its restoration. Again I am driving and reading all this when stopped in traffic so do not shoot me if I am off.

My list contains 11 broadcast sheets to cars I have yet to locate. As well as 3 that are known to have been scrapped.

Hello,
I'm a proud owner of a 69 Charger 500 also. Is it possible to create a broadcast sheet for my car?

69_500

Quote from: Jfbosco on May 14, 2020, 08:02:08 AM

Driving right now but that looks like 138602 in that picture. After its restoration. Again I am driving and reading all this when stopped in traffic so do not shoot me if I am off.

My list contains 11 broadcast sheets to cars I have yet to locate. As well as 3 that are known to have been scrapped.

Hello,
I'm a proud owner of a 69 Charger 500 also. Is it possible to create a broadcast sheet for my car?

Its not possible create a broadcast sheet for a car. Now a fender tag is a complete different story.

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: Jfbosco on May 14, 2020, 08:02:08 AMHello, I'm a proud owner of a 69 Charger 500 also. Is it possible to create a broadcast sheet for my car?

Any car is worth more with no broadcast sheet than with a fake broadcast sheet.

Faked documentation causes the cars value to drop, the cars history is tainted and the person's reputation is tainted forever as well for having the fake made.

C500

Quote from: 69_500 on May 17, 2020, 11:35:36 AM
Quote from: Jfbosco on May 14, 2020, 08:02:08 AM

Hello,

Its not possible create a broadcast sheet for a car. Now a fender tag is a complete different story.

Unfortunately there is someone selling re-production aged build sheets on ebay.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Ghoste

I agree, the car is worth more without one than with a fake one, just enjoy it for it is.

mopar346

Any car is worth more with no broadcast sheet than with a fake broadcast sheet.
Faked documentation causes the cars value to drop, the cars history is tainted and the person's reputation is tainted forever as well for having the fake made.

[/quote]

not only will that car be tainted but everyone the person has or will ever touch.

Lesizmore

Hello , I've been watching Nick's Garage from Canada and when the 500 was shown I decided that I best get mine out of storage and fixed up so I can enjoy it .

Someplace I have pictures (read print film) stashed someplace  all I could find right now were old polaroids of it.

Real data XX29L9B231999  sold new in Utah not sure when. Yellow car black interior and stripe saved from being scrapped more than once.

tan top

Quote from: Lesizmore on July 22, 2020, 07:10:48 PM
Hello , I've been watching Nick's Garage from Canada and when the 500 was shown I decided that I best get mine out of storage and fixed up so I can enjoy it .

Someplace I have pictures (read print film) stashed someplace  all I could find right now were old polaroids of it.

Real data XX29L9B231999  sold new in Utah not sure when. Yellow car black interior and stripe saved from being scrapped more than once.

Hello & welcome ! ,    :wave: :cheers: :cheers: ,  :2thumbs:

wow !  yellow & black C500   awesome color combination   ;) ,  would love to hear  &  see more pictures / updates etc , sometime
ive been watching Nicks Garage from the beginning !   i watched the C500  episode  , more than a few times ,
i'm just amazed at these cars that have been sitting untouched for so long !! coming out of storage !  time machine for sure !
makes you wonder what else is hidden out there ... cant be that many more  hiding  out there surly ...... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aerolith

Nice one Lesizmore.

Good 'old fashion' pictures from back in the day!
Trunk spoiler and 69 grille, someone didn't like fixed headlamps... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Supercool. :drool5:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

69_500

Quote from: Lesizmore on July 22, 2020, 07:10:48 PM

Someplace I have pictures (read print film) stashed someplace  all I could find right now were old polaroids of it.

Real data XX29L9B231999  sold new in Utah not sure when. Yellow car black interior and stripe saved from being scrapped more than once.

I have this VIN logged as a power disc brake and power steering car. Is this correct? Because I could not find a pencil rubbing of that fender tag.

Lesizmore

Yes on the power steering (also was the steering box different on the 500's?)

No on the disc brakes they are drums 11x3 front 11x 2 1/2 rear  which is an 8 3/4 with 3.55's.

The standard grille was in the car like in the picture when i bought it no idea when that happened ,everything was working at the time.

RallyeMike

Quote(also was the steering box different on the 500's?)

Nope> same unit.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/