News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Highly Contested 70 Charger A/C Six Pack Update: 2-28-15 Door Vin Decal Question

Started by TUFCAT, January 11, 2015, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I believe the fender tag was posted long ago but as of last summer the current victim was trying hard to keep all information secret.  (at least as I understand the tale)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2015, 10:07:15 AM
I believe the fender tag was posted long ago but as of last summer the current victim was trying hard to keep all information secret.  (at least as I understand the tale)

Ahhhh... Never say never.......... but I doubt it............ Thanks...... Guess this is a case of a "real BS" showing up to validate the fender tag........Wonder is Mr. Wooten has info on this car?

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

I think there was a lot of evidence to show this one was a "never" once a little digging was done.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2015, 10:22:52 AM
I think there was a lot of evidence to show this one was a "never" once a little digging was done.

Love the look of the car nonetheless........ Like the non-vinyl top...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ghoste

I do too, thats what always disappoints me with this kind of thing, the car was a standout just as it was.  There was never a need for a controversial back story to try and sell it. :shruggy:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2015, 11:41:28 AM
I do too, thats what always disappoints me with this kind of thing, the car was a standout just as it was.  There was never a need for a controversial back story to try and sell it. :shruggy:

Agree on disappointment.....well, it's actually past disappointment for me. Was a time when "one of one or none" brought out major  :drool5: for me.

Loved the odd and unique. Still do, to a point......and now what really attracts me? The less in demand odd and unique. The stuff cheap enough to not be worth it to fake. Plus survivors. Survivors really do it for me.

If it's a great car......that's all I need to be happy. :yesnod:

lukedukem

Quote from: Homerr on January 12, 2015, 12:05:40 PM
Has the rare pressure treated 2x2 e-brake as well.

i saw that as well. why would they do that for pics on the auctions website?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Sublime/Sixpack

No expense spared? Really?
I hope before it goes to auction they add three more lug nuts to each of the front wheels, repair/replace the cracked steering wheel plus add a horn ring assembly, and add the missing R/T emblem for the grille. Would also be nice if they found correct beauty rings for the rallye rims as well.

I'm partial to '70 Sublime Charger R/T's but this car continues to be misrepresented from my perspective.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

70 sublime

I saw the 2X2 parking brake also
I think the pics must be from the shop where they are working on it

One pic shows it has no button in the center console door either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

A383Wing

I wonder if the air cleaner assembly will be left in the trunk as it came from the factory because it didn't clear the AC comp?

Moparpoolman

I wonder if they are going to have 24hr security standing over the car like they had at Carlisle :smilielol:

lukedukem

maybe its my eyes, but is it missing lugnuts on the front rims. on both pics it ooks like some are missing. i'm sure they will have these but poor picture representation

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

hemi68charger

Quote from: A383Wing on January 12, 2015, 12:46:58 PM
I wonder if the air cleaner assembly will be left in the trunk as it came from the factory because it didn't clear the AC comp?

Oh, they probably modified it..... I had a six pack on a 440 4bbl a/c car for the longest time... Nothing to notch out the base.......  :2thumbs:

I also activated the six pack idle solenoid to kick up when the a/c was turned on to compensate for the added load......... Worked out pretty good........
Troy

RJS

It has all the parts you guy's are saying are missing if you go to the BJ site.  I'll assume you see it without lugs, e-brake and stripe because they are before the end of resto pictures.
Ron

Homerr

Looks like they added pics since this morning.

The air cleaner looks like they just sawzalled a chunk out if to ge the A/C to fit.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Homerr on January 12, 2015, 02:01:55 PM

The air cleaner looks like they just sawzalled a chunk out if to ge the A/C to fit.

That would Never happen at the assembly plant.

Sublime/Sixpack

I went to the BJ site but could only see one photo image. Is it necessary to register on their site to see all the images? :shruggy:

68X426

That is abomination.  That is a freak and an embarrassment.  I think that ends the matter right there. 

Once again the unicorn is just a fraud.

They can't open the hood at BJ or they will be laughed out of the place.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on January 12, 2015, 02:20:43 PM
I went to the BJ site but could only see one photo image. Is it necessary to register on their site to see all the images? :shruggy:

No registering needed.  I think this matter crashed the site.  I see text and no photos.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

tan top

Quote from: 68X426 on January 12, 2015, 02:24:06 PM
Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on January 12, 2015, 02:20:43 PM

No registering needed.  I think this matter crashed the site.  I see text and no photos.

not sure whats happening to the pictures  ,   think they keep changing them or something !! the ones I posted early this morning have all gone except the interior  shot !   but have these new ones   below  & the one TC posted  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bill440rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 12, 2015, 02:05:54 PM

It's still a nice car, but...

No expense spared??  :scratchchin:

Incorrect ballast resistor, voltage regulator, wiper motor, distributor cap, hood pad clips, and battery. Incorrectly finished master cylinder, oil fill cap, PCV valve, alternator pulley, and painted over A/C line brackets.  ::)
And... worm clamps.  :rotz:  WORM CLAMPS!!  :brickwall:

I think I'm gonna... hold on...   :puke: :puke: :puke:  
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: bill440rt on January 12, 2015, 02:40:01 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 12, 2015, 02:05:54 PM

It's still a nice car, but...

No expense spared??  :scratchchin:

Incorrect ballast resistor, voltage regulator, wiper motor, distributor cap, hood pad clips, and battery. Incorrectly finished master cylinder, oil fill cap, PCV valve, alternator pulley, and painted over A/C line brackets.  ::)
And... worm clamps.  :rotz:  WORM CLAMPS!!  :brickwall:

I think I'm gonna... hold on...   :puke: :puke: :puke:  

Yep.

Sublime/Sixpack