News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen !

Started by RGA, January 21, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: myk on January 21, 2015, 11:38:52 PM
Jesus that's awful.  How the hell did they get another set of keys?  If they hot wired it, was it really that easy to do?  I'm getting that GPS tracker for sure now...

really easy.... jumper wire from the battery to the coil, flip the starter relay with a quarter.... vroooom... get in and go !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

70 sublime

Quote from: Challenger340 on January 21, 2015, 11:41:26 PM
Jesus that's awful.  How the hell did they get another set of keys?  If they hot wired it, was it really that easy to do?  I'm getting that GPS tracker for sure now...

really easy.... jumper wire from the battery to the coil, flip the starter relay with a quarter.... vroooom... get in and go !

One more reason to own a 70 with the locking steering column

Sorry to hear and will keep eyes open but to have taken it right out of the driveway was not just for a joyride so there must have been some kind of plan a head of time for the car
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

VegasCharger

Sorry about your dilema. Please tell me that you have good insurance.

I'll keep an eye out here in Vegas. MATS around the corner, who knows :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

Who was it insured with?

Daytona R/T SE

So...

Can you describe the thief ?

Are any of your keys missing ?

Or, do you think he hotwired it ?

stripedelete

Had to be looking him in the eye. Right?

RGA

I have insurance through farmers. Anyone used them before ? Looked right at him, kid maybe 20 skinny, gray hoodie pulled over his head. Either wired it or found my spare keys .

JB400

Question is: Have you seen him before? :popcrn:

myk

Quote from: Challenger340 on January 21, 2015, 11:41:26 PM

Well in that case we're looking at two things: someone close to the family that knew his schedule, or a lucky thief that's been camped out by his house for a long time and just happened to be there that morning. What a MESS...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Steve P.

This is horrible. I don't even know what else to say. really disgusting...

Did you see any other cars parked nearby or another car leaving?? It doesn't take a pro to rob these cars, but to do it in broad daylight, holy shit!!!

I hope like hell you get it back and in good condition.

This is one reason I like an electric fuel pump. One hidden switch and even if stolen in the middle of the night or no one home, they are not going to get far.

Keep us informed.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

myk

And to do it with the owner lurking about?  Ballsy, stupid, or both...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Drache

You don't need to actually hotwire it. Knock off the key ignition (you can pull one out with a dent puller). Insert screw driver and you're good to go.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

1974dodgecharger

Whoever stole knows cars in general......so im assuming this person has been scoping this car out specifically........

Cncguy

you guys need to install secret kill switches. Most of my old mopars have had them.

ChargerST

I assume you called the cops right away. Since a 69 Charger is easy to spot and the cops didn't stop him on the street it might be hidden just a few blocks away. Any traffic cameras in ABQ?

Hope you get it back!

TUFCAT

Sorry about my insensitivity..... I really feel for you man.  :'(  That's terrible.

lukedukem

Quote from: Cncguy on January 22, 2015, 05:55:01 AM
you guys need to install secret kill switches. Most of my old mopars have had them.

I got one on mine too.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Ghoste

Bad kitty!  (you need the snow to melt so you can be out all night killing things and making baby cats don't you?)

Stegs

well if i see it in michigan Ill let you know

That kind of car would stick out big time, nobody drives classic like that with 12" of snow on the ground

but i will keep a eye out

wingcar

I feel for you...I've had two cars stolen in the past (fortunately they were both GM products...not that it helped at the time)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Beav

North Georgia has eyes out for it!

Terrible news...
Never confuse kindness for weakness...

jdiesel33

North Texas will have eyes out as well.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Homerr

Quote from: RGA on January 21, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
Sorry. Still in shock. I've been driving around all day looking for it. Thanks for loading the pics. It had factory steeleis on it now. My dad is in town visiting so he needed to borrow my ramcharger this morning . So I warm up the charger and back it out of the garage. Pull the keys out and go inside to get my daughter to take her to school. I'm standing in my living room and I here my car fire up. Now my uncle is also visiting and he is staying in his RV in the driveway so I thaught for a second that he is messing with me (spare keys stashed). Looking out the window and I see it start to move. So I run for the door, open the drawer in my end table where I keep my 45 and realize I put it in the safe last night (worried with the kids around) . So I go running outside , at this point his halfway into the street and sees me coming . He tries to through it from reverse to drive and has a hard time ( b&m shifter with lock out) I jump onto the cowl (panicking ) then I get down and try to open passenger door (locked). He finds drive and is gone, through the yard over the curb. Worst morning of my life. The license is 550ska, I'm not posting the vin on the Internet but it starts with xs29l. I figured it's the only one in the state of new Mexico and probably single digets in the country that looks like this . And yes....... It was perfect.

What they heck do you have to lose?  The car?

If the car isn't found in the next day or two by the police then posting the VIN here has the possibility to be helpful.  If it gets repainted and someone tries to sell it with faked paperwork then we're all useless to help without the VIN.

In any case I hope it's recovered soon!

This confirms for me that when I get my next Charger I'm gonna get a LoJack setup.

Ghoste

This might be a case where I would be putting the VIN up everywhere as well if it were me.  :shruggy:

TUFCAT

That's what I was thinking as well....The first couple of days are critical.  I suggest doing anything and everything that would help find the car.  :2thumbs: