News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6 pack w/air cond. air cleaner???

Started by 71 SE3834V, January 25, 2015, 10:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 26, 2015, 08:47:46 PM
I hate to say it.... but this is exactly like the 4-door Barracuda story.

It was never photographed, discussed, or known to exist for the past 42 years... but now its one of the worlds best mysteries with only one person on planet Earth every laying eyes on it.  

Now the story has morphed into a "real car" that was actually produced as a Chrysler prototype in 1969.   :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Such a bad  bad kitty! :popcrn: :popcrn:

TUFCAT

Sorry man, but that's exactly what this type of stuff reminds me of.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

People can't always tell the difference between truth and fiction, and after a while....."fiction" can become the "truth".  :'(   That 4-door 'Cuda story was just a classic example.

71 SE3834V

Ha!  :hah:
At least I got a picture of my unicorn...errr reproduction unicorn!  :poke: Me like poking the kitty!  :smilielol:
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 26, 2015, 09:20:50 PM
Sorry man, but that's exactly what this type of stuff reminds me of.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

People can't always tell the difference between truth and fiction, and after a while....."fiction" can become the "truth".  :'(   That 4-door 'Cuda story was just a classic example.
:iagree: :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on January 26, 2015, 09:37:37 PM
Ha!  :hah:
At least I got a picture of my unicorn...errr reproduction unicorn!  :poke: Me like poking the kitty!  :smilielol:

You did very well.  An actual picture of a unicorn would no longer make it a unicorn!  :2thumbs:  Your unicorn was just its close cousin.  :D

71 SE3834V

71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on January 26, 2015, 06:43:38 PM
Someone may have notched their own to clear an MSD distributor or something.  That one at the swap meet was definitely only notched on the non distributor side of the base.

NO, that's the way they were stamped .  Unless these owners had the exact same idea?

Were these before the A/C notched bases were reproduced?  Last 6 set up had the same notch on the pass. side.  So were the pass. side bases the last ones done by Fram?  I'm guessing a different vendor made the A/C notched ones?   :shruggy:

1974dodgecharger

so is that the new trend now to cut up a sic pack at the corner and say, '1 of 1 air six pack air cleaner every produced that rolled off the Chrysler assembly line' what happens when you have 200 other guys having the same notch for air conditioning when there was only so called 1 of 1?

Ghoste

Sorry Mike I misunderstood you.  I thought you meant they had a notch on the passenger side equal to the one this repop has on the drivers side of it.  This air conditioning notch isn't just off the lip, its a fair hunk out of the flange.

71 SE3834V

Quote from: Ghoste on January 27, 2015, 08:39:20 AM
Sorry Mike I misunderstood you.  I thought you meant they had a notch on the passenger side equal to the one this repop has on the drivers side of it.  This air conditioning notch isn't just off the lip, its a fair hunk out of the flange.

Thanks, you saved me the time to say the same thing.  :icon_smile_cool:
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

oldcarnut

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 26, 2015, 11:54:11 PM

What car and year had that engine and radiator hose setup?  I needed that top hose a few weeks back and had to use and cut a Ford Explorer hose :rotz:

I asked on the other thread if this could have been a part of a dealer optioned kit to add a 6pk to an ac car. I fully agree with the reasons of "why" you don't want to and "it wouldn't be a good idea" of not combining an ac compressor with a 6 pk....?

71 SE3834V  I looked for that thread but couldn't find it.  Got a link?

71 SE3834V

71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

TUFCAT

Quote from: oldcarnut on January 29, 2015, 12:45:38 PM

I asked on the other thread if this could have been a part of a dealer optioned kit to add a 6pk to an ac car. I fully agree with the reasons of "why" you don't want to and "it wouldn't be a good idea" of not combining an ac compressor with a 6 pk....?

With all due respect to longstanding member oldcarnut.....the six pack with a/c air cleaner element was never made by Chrysler (I think he knows that).  :icon_smile_wink:

On a personal note, I don't know why this stuff gets me so angry but it does.  :pullinghair:  I believe guys like us should step up with correct information to stop garbage like this from spreading to future generations....like the "4-door Cuda" prototype thread (which just happens to be a perfect example).

Our kids might read this stuff ...while searching on "Google Gold" version 48.0 sometime in 2027.... and think its really true.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  

oldcarnut

I understand the six and ac never was.   I'm just one of those I guess that was planning to put aftermarket ac and a six pack on my bird clone but was interested in why the comments would be not to do it.  From my other posts on the custom stuff I've done the car isn't going to be very stock anyway.  Either way its all good  :2thumbs:   ohh and by the way I was quoting the post to get a link to that post where he ask the question lol and thanks for the link  :cheers:

Tom Q

No blueprints have surfaced yet for the notched air breather base. 
I will give you all something to puzzle over and maybe some one knows where this car is to see what the story is.

In Rochester NY in the 1980's Hemi Al got hooked up with a mopar sugar daddy - wealthy guy who like muscle mopars that used a  caretaker. Al assisted Sugar Daddy Brian Thomas in buying bought some really neat mopars that were later sold at auction by the feds as sugar got caught with his hand in the sugar jar.

One was an unrestored  1970 Challenger R/T 440+6 convertible FE5 red. It had what appeared to be a 100% correct factory AC car and a/c was on the tag. 2 tags. We looked at this car for a long time and at the time had to conclude it was the real deal on what we saw. The notch in the air breather had been stamped not cut. AC fire wall etc.   I have not asked Al what he remembers.

That car is in some ones collection - find it.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Tom Q on January 29, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
No blueprints have surfaced yet for the notched air breather base.  
I will give you all something to puzzle over and maybe some one knows where this car is to see what the story is.

In Rochester NY in the 1980's Hemi Al got hooked up with a mopar sugar daddy - wealthy guy who like muscle mopars that used a  caretaker. Al assisted Sugar Daddy Brian Thomas in buying bought some really neat mopars that were later sold at auction by the feds as sugar got caught with his hand in the sugar jar.

One was an unrestored  1970 Challenger R/T 440+6 convertible FE5 red. It had what appeared to be a 100% correct factory AC car and a/c was on the tag. 2 tags. We looked at this car for a long time and at the time had to conclude it was the real deal on what we saw. The notch in the air breather had been stamped not cut. AC fire wall etc.   I have not asked Al what he remembers.

That car is in some ones collection - find it.

Lots of popcorn poppin' here dude ....  :popcrn:

Do you have any more information since you have seen the car and know its previous owners?

No offense, but I think some pictures and documentation are in order to support that mega bomb of speculation you just dropped on us.

How can you be sure it left Hamtramck this way, and wasn't modified after the fact?

Tom Q

This why you guys are such #$%& esp Mr Tuffcat and his pal G.  It's very difficult with you bullies always hiding behind a keyboard.
:shruggy:
I reported what I saw, it's not good enough.   :eek2:  
Comprehend the following words - I wrote: "appeared to be" - Did you get passed kindergarten???

I  give you names and places and you can't comprehend that either.
We didn't take pictures back then.  It was the 80' and these were USED cars.
You think I'm bsing you, PM me and I will give you Hemi Al's ph#, you call him and find Brian.  I can't wait for a PM from Tuffy... :nana:

If Brian will talk to you maybe you will try to find out where the car went.  :yesnod:

Pay attention here-that car is in some rich guys collection-you want to call me a liar - go find the car, get off you large butt and do something instead of spouting verbal diarrhea. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

As far as how it left the plant that way...nope i will not share any further information as to what those who worked for chrysler back then have told me in interviews about how special things were done to production cars-I'm done sharing with you folks.
Perhaps one of the self appointed experts will speak.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Tom Q on January 30, 2015, 05:49:23 AM
This why you guys are such #$%& esp Mr Tuffcat and his pal G.  It's very difficult with you bullies always hiding behind a keyboard.
Comprehend the following words - I wrote: "appeared to be" - Did you get passed kindergarten???

You think I'm bsing you, PM me and I will give you Hemi Al's ph#, you call him and find Brian.  I can't wait for a PM from Tuffy... :nana:

If Brian will talk to you maybe you will try to find out where the car went.  :yesnod:

Pay attention here-that car is in some rich guys collection-you want to call me a liar - go find the car, get off you large butt and do something instead of spouting verbal diarrhea. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

As far as how it left the plant that way...nope i will not share any further information as to what those who worked for chrysler back then have told me in interviews about how special things were done to production cars-I'm done sharing with you folks.

I wouldn't call you a liar...you simply haven't proven anything.  Secondly why should I have to PM you, or do anything to support your claims?  :shruggy:   Insulting me might make you feel good about yourself, but it doesn't validate or enhance your position on how Chrysler built cars.

Quote from: Tom Q on January 29, 2015, 08:36:38 PM

We looked at this car for a long time and at the time had to conclude it was the real deal on what we saw. The notch in the air breather had been stamped not cut.

Tom Q, you may be knowledgeable and have access to a lot of documentation.  My point is so much undocumented bad info is already out there, we really don't need anymore. Just my two cents.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

TUFCAT

I'm assuming "my pal G" is Ghoste....if so, what did he do?  :shruggy:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 30, 2015, 09:38:34 AM
I'm assuming "my pal G" is Ghoste....if so, what did he do?  :shruggy:

What did he do??????

He's clearly guilty of skepticism!!!! :o

You can't put anything on the internet unless it's true......right?  :yesnod:

Maybe I'm really a French model!!  :angel: Bon-jour!!

moparnation74

Quote from: Tom Q on January 30, 2015, 05:49:23 AM

Looking at your post above versus tufcats earlier compares the difference of a personal issue versus logical skepticism. 

Why pull in someone who has nothing to do with this?

68pplcharger

472 R/T SE

There were several of those Fe5 vert Challenger R/Ts with white stripe, top made that were Pilot cars IIRC.

If it was one of them, all bets are off imo.

One of things that turned me Mopar was back in the old days everyone used to talk about how you could have Chrysler build your rig the way you wanted.  Now, how much of that old hearsay is actually true but you don't hear folks talk about it like they did in the 80's when I got into Mopar.

Ghoste

If it is me, I'm not hiding behind the keyboard, I'm right here in front of it.  :lol:

6bblgt

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 30, 2015, 05:17:44 PM
There were several of those Fe5 vert Challenger R/Ts with white stripe, top made that were Pilot cars IIRC.

If it was one of them, all bets are off imo.

One of things that turned me Mopar was back in the old days everyone used to talk about how you could have Chrysler build your rig the way you wanted.  Now, how much of that old hearsay is actually true but you don't hear folks talk about it like they did in the 80's when I got into Mopar.

The "promo" (not pilot) SIX-PACK 4-speed Challenger R/T 'verts also had a red interior.
One of these was in AZ or CA ~10-15 years ago with a black dash & A/C.  :icon_smile_question: