News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger Registry Any updates?

Started by 66FBCharger, June 10, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

While I was working on publishing the 1968 registry I appreciated the push here and there, just to know there was interested in it.

(Being mean or demanding would have just pissed me off though.)

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Bronzedodge

Well, from his (Ghoste's) last post, I can sympathize.  I thank the spirit of Walter P Chrysler every day I got to keep my Charger when I got divorced.  My 11 and 12 yr old enjoy the occasional trip to Rita's now, etc.   It was horrible and in some ways still is after 9 years, but I was lucky.  Exes can be mean, spiteful, hateful, etc.  For a while I was so busy being miserable I couldn't think of anything that would make me happy like my cars, having a beer, etc.  Add in being a single parent and lots of bills, it's overwhelming.  I eventually got through it.

From reading through the whole thread, maybe the best we can do is offer patience and support.   :Twocents:
Mopar forever!

alfaitalia

Quote from: Bronzedodge on November 12, 2016, 03:00:08 PM
Well, from his (Ghoste's) last post, I can sympathize.  I thank the spirit of Walter P Chrysler every day I got to keep my Charger when I got divorced.  My 11 and 12 yr old enjoy the occasional trip to Rita's now, etc.   It was horrible and in some ways still is after 9 years, but I was lucky.  Exes can be mean, spiteful, hateful, etc.  For a while I was so busy being miserable I couldn't think of anything that would make me happy like my cars, having a beer, etc.  Add in being a single parent and lots of bills, it's overwhelming.  I eventually got through it.

From reading through the whole thread, maybe the best we can do is offer patience and support.   :Twocents:

I might be wrong but I think you meant to post this in the "Divorce" thread!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Bronzedodge

I should have quoted Ghoste's last post in this thread.  I have the right one; although you're right too - it applies there also.   :2thumbs:
Mopar forever!

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

hemi-hampton

Quote from: polywideblock on October 04, 2016, 01:01:25 AM
weren't a lot of mopars records destroyed in a  huge fire  in the records department  :popcrn:

You mean tossed in a dumpster when they moved out of Highland Park. LEON.

lukedukem

So now that he is selling his car, will we ever get the info for this registry  :shruggy:

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Alaskan_TA

Back in 2008 I had to sell my T/A or lose the house due to a lack of work.

If I had lost the house, The Challenger T/A Registry, 1970 Hamtramck Registry & the 1970 LA Registry would not have had a home.

26 4-drawer filing cabinets for car records alone, it would have been tough to live on the street with them.

Please cut Ghoste some slack, he may be making a big sacrifice for the good of the hobby here.  :Twocents:

Cncguy

You guys may be giving this guy to much of a benefit of a doubt. For one he hasn't chimed in even to say hello to any of you. You would think he would at least list his car in the classified section of this forum.

moparnation74

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 07, 2016, 02:24:21 PM
Back in 2008 I had to sell my T/A or lose the house due to a lack of work.

If I had lost the house, The Challenger T/A Registry, 1970 Hamtramck Registry & the 1970 LA Registry would not have had a home.

26 4-drawer filing cabinets for car records alone, it would have been tough to live on the street with them.

Please cut Ghoste some slack, he may be making a big sacrifice for the good of the hobby here.  :Twocents:
:2thumbs: Exactly.......

paironines

Alaskan T/A-- I didnt know you were T/A-less all these years. Good for you for still maintaining the registry despite the sale of your car.

Dodge Don

I think this is done like dinner. Not going to rise out of the ashes.

If Chris kept a copy of what he had when he handed it over to Ghoste then maybe someone new could step up and get the data / files from Chris and at least start from there. I think Chris had around 2,000 cars registered back then....be nice if someone could use that as the jump off point and manage going forward.

But if Chris no longer has anything then I think all that data is lost.

kokxville

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 08, 2016, 05:11:40 PM
I think this is done like dinner. Not going to rise out of the ashes.

If Chris kept a copy of what he had when he handed it over to Ghoste then maybe someone new could step up and get the data / files from Chris and at least start from there. I think Chris had around 2,000 cars registered back then....be nice if someone could use that as the jump off point and manage going forward.

But if Chris no longer has anything then I think all that data is lost.

I agree
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Homerr

I'm not sure if I've stated this publicly, but I know I have privately to a few...  I think that the non-open source registries (closed because of owner information makes sense) should be run by at least 3 people with admin rights, maybe even as far as domain registration, in order to not have this happen again. 

If Troy were to replace the 1969 Registry with a DC.com based one, for instance, then it seems like there are more than a few people here qualified to help out.

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Bad B-rad

Sorta new here,is the 69 registry up and running?

sdweatherman

Has anyone tried Googling "1969 Dodge Charger Registry" in the last few months?? You might just find something..........
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

venecharger

Hi. I wonder why a 1969 Dodge Charger Registry website is not active. I think it would be very useful to many of us 69 owners. Best regards to you all!

Cncguy

No one wants the responsibility.

venecharger

Quote from: Cncguy on January 21, 2017, 04:23:50 PM

Is there a non active 69 Registry. Perhaps some of us can help to make it work again. Would it be possible? Would the owner accept the help?

lukedukem

Quote from: Cncguy on January 21, 2017, 04:23:50 PM

Not at all the case. Many want to but the info is with another.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,118301.0.html

It's all explained here

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

sdweatherman

Do some Googling - there is a new website..........
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

BIGBLCK11

Do you mean this shell of a website with NO actual data?   :shruggy:

Posts from last Sept., by Ghoste.

https://1969dodgechargerregistry.wordpress.com