News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'66 Electroluminescent lights went out on console and dash

Started by AJ1966, April 01, 2006, 01:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ1966

This is gonna be a bitch, or it'll be really simple fix:

Don't ask, but I got a CD/Mp3 player installed in my car for free by circuit shitty when I bought it in the store in my '66.  I figure they can't screw something up THAT bad.  Well, they did.  My gauges no longer light up, and neither does the console.  They never found out why they went out either.

Do you think somehow the power pack just blew out?  Everything seems connected properly.  I'm hoping it's that, as ALL my electroluminescense went out.  I know of a place from carlisle that rebuilds the dashes, I have their card somewhere.  But I think all I need is a power pack.  Does anyone have a clue in this situation? The '66-'67 dashes are the coolest of all chargers IMO, but when it breaks, you're usually screwed.  :'(

67RedCharger

Maybe things won't be so bad if you follow this suggestion.
Go to the Source Guide at:  http://www.chargersourceguide.com/
When you get there click on POWER,  and then click on ELECTRICAL
Then click on GAUGES  then click on ELECTROLUMINESCENCE

You will be where the pigs wallo around fixing the lights in question.

I think you are aware that Circuit City people did you in with their give a s*it Boom Box attitude.
That is the last place I would go for anything electrical, and I know what I am talking about since
I have been in the Electronics world for over 40 years.  You will be reading my contribution to the
Source Guide about the EL situation.  Good Luck!
Let me know if you run into a snag.  I am at dodson@vnet.net

Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

71_deputy

maybe the tryed to wire up the dash light- Wire wire- the high voltage one- to the deck as some have a night light in them?????

John Mac
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

AJ1966

Cool, thanks for that site.  I will try it when I get home from college eventually.  I know NOTHING about electronics, this will be interesting. I'll try to get a few people from home to help me.